Thread: FBI (U) Bitcoin Virtual Currency: Unique Features Present Distinct Challences for

FBI (U) Bitcoin Virtual Currency: Unique Features Present Distinct Challences for

Deterring Illicit Activity, 24 April 2012

http://www.scribd.com/doc/92797476/F...ort-April-2012

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The problem with bitcoin.... or A problem, is you have to be interested in it to use it. I saw a shirt for sale and was quite willing to buy it but they only took bitcoin and I don't know how to convert dollars to bitcoin and the shirt wasn't worth finding out. If people want to use them, they have to tell people how when they are selling something, imho.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    The problem with bitcoin.... or A problem, is you have to be interested in it to use it. I saw a shirt for sale and was quite willing to buy it but they only took bitcoin and I don't know how to convert dollars to bitcoin and the shirt wasn't worth finding out. If people want to use them, they have to tell people how when they are selling something, imho.
    https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_Bi...bie_version%29
    https://www.privateinternetaccess.co...-us-instantly/
    https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

-t

Nothing to see here folks. Please continue using your evaporating FRN's and everything will be OK!!

bitcoins and FRNs are about as reliable as the other if there are ways to exchange the same

I tried using linux (Xandros) for a while, but concluded that it required me to be a little more of a computer geek than I am interested in being, so I quit using it.

Likewise, but even moreso, it is unlikely that I'll ever become a bitcoin user. I'm not interested in having to fool around with learning how to even use it.

I have too many other things to learn that I AM interested in; don't have (want to make) the time to mess with bitcoins.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by alsis8xmy View Post
    Nothing to see here folks. Please continue using your evaporating FRN's and everything will be OK!!
    Thankfully Bitcoin is backed by Gold and Silver.... or not.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

This is known by many Bitcoin developers and the free market is slowly making it easier and easier. There is now a Bitcoin company that has jumped through the hoops in order to work at the same level as paypal and other payment services to the point that they will be able to issue credit cards and take bank deposits for Bitcoins.

Getting Bitcoins is as easy as going to one of the major banks and making a deposit.

The reason you cannot just enter your credit card information is because Bitcoin is real money. You could possibly buy a bunch of BTC with your credit card, spend the BTC then just report that your card had been stolen or that the transation was made in error. The credit card company would likely side with you and the guy who sold you his real money would be the one holding the bag.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    There is now a Bitcoin company that has jumped through the hoops in order to work at the same level as paypal and other payment services to the point that they will be able to issue credit cards and take bank deposits for Bitcoins.
    ^that is where you plug said company with a link to their site.

Check out bitinstant.com you can pay in frn's at walmart and have ur btc in less than 30 minutes.
    Last edited by evilfunnystuff; 12-27-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

*subscribes topic*
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I used to be skeptical about bitcoins, thinking it was a silly idea; but after seeing its usage increase, I'm now thinking that it just might prevail. Just like other things involving technology or familiarization with a process, such as how to get onto the internet, getting an email account, using a smartphone, how to open and use a credit union account, how to pay online bills, how to take a commercial airline flight, how to drive, how to dial a number, etc., people will eventually figure out how to use bitcoin if it does indeed prevail in the long run.

EDIT: graph showing bitcoin trend increasing over time: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgo...zm1g10zm2g25zv

I thought maybe we ought to come up with a competitor version of a virtual currency to bitcoins, Googled "paulcoin", and sure enough, someone else thought of this idea long ago LOL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41764.0

Btw, notice anything here: https://www.lewrockwell.com/donate/

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanJames View Post
    I use BTC a lot
    Yep me too. Bought a domain, web hosting, donated to a few causes and artists, bought some digital items, paid a subscription, played poker

The list of thing available for bitcoins certainly is getting longer and longer!
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish I had gotten in the BTC game already.. how much is one running these days? Last I checked it was $11+
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I wish I had gotten in the BTC game already.. how much is one running these days? Last I checked it was $11+
    The going rate on Darkweb a couple of days ago was $8.50, IIRC.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    The going rate on Darkweb a couple of days ago was $8.50, IIRC.

-t
    It's $13.5 today http://bitcoinwatch.com/

Bitcoin exchange rate for 2012: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgo...g10zm2g25zvzcv

Last edited by hazek; 12-29-2012 at 05:22 AM.