Thread: Is the US economy in a bubble?

Question Is the US economy in a bubble?

If you think the US economy is in a bubble, why do you think so?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Overlay the M2 money supply and the S&P500 charts for 2013 and post on this thread
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Economy or stock market?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Economy or stock market?
    It appears the stock market is the new economy , how long does that last ?

My lib brother says no way it's a bubble, up up up we go. Everything's perfect. Green Shoots everywhere! Recovery is on it's way!

If you think otherwise, you're an idiot who believes Peter Schiff, who's been wrong wrong wrong since '08.

Here's Why Stock Market Bubble Deniers are Completely Wrong

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecol...pletely-wrong/

As U.S. stocks rose to record levels in the past few months, a flurry of pundits have come out of the woodwork to claim – and deny – that stocks are experiencing another bubble.

I’ve also published a detailed report in which I laid out the case for why stocks are experiencing a bubble, though I believe that this bubble can continue expanding in the course of what I call the Bubblecovery or bubble-driven economic recovery before popping.

In this column, I will outline and debunk the most common arguments that are being used by high-profile U.S. stock bubble deniers, which includes former U.S. Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, Fed chair candidate Janet Yellen, Blackrock’s Russ Koesterich and Larry Fink, and Charles Schwab’s Liz Ann Sonders, to name just a few. Take note of the fact that these individuals have a vested interest in encouraging the public to risk their hard-earned money in stocks regardless of market conditions, and did not predict or warn about the global financial crisis, as I did. According to them, “it’s always the right time to buy stocks!” (similar to the argument used by Realtors ®), so please take their advice with a very large grain of salt.

Here are the most common, but logically unsound arguments being used to deny the fact that U.S. stocks are experiencing a bubble:

Argument #1: Stocks are the cheapest they have been in decades

This is by far the most common argument used to convince the public to buy into the latest stock bubble. While this argument is technically true, it is very misleading and a textbook example of lying with statistics. Most valuation measures indeed show that the U.S. stock market is near the bottom end of its valuation range of the past twenty years
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I gotta go with Paul Simon on this one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5T6s25XK4

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    My lib brother says no way it's a bubble, up up up we go. Everything's perfect. Green Shoots everywhere! Recovery is on it's way!

If you think otherwise, you're an idiot who believes Peter Schiff, who's been wrong wrong wrong since '08.
    Are you and Zippy related?
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

oh no... clearly trading sideways :TRLF:

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Yes, for exactly one hundred years and nine days, minus a few recessions and a depression.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 12-31-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.