Thread: Statements in Opposition to NDAA 2013!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Statements in Opposition to NDAA 2013!

This will serve to add Congressmen/women statements in opposition to NDAA 2013!

Click on the links to go see the full statements!

Some of the best quotes:

Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI 3):

On Tuesday night, House and Senate conferees reinserted language into the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) to allow the government to indefinitely detain anyone in the U.S., including American citizens, upon the mere accusation that the person supports terrorism. No charge. No trial. No explanation.

The NDAA vote is Thursday. I will be saying NO to this violation of our civil liberties and our Constitution. You can tell Congress how you feel: http://house.gov/ http://senate.gov/.
    Congressman Paul Gosar (R-AZ 1)

“National security is the primary constitutional duty of the federal government, and the annual defense authorization bill is the principal avenue by which Congress provides for the common defense. The national defense funding bill is not a place to stuff language which would take away or call into question constitutional rights. It is unfortunate I must oppose this bill because of this unconstitutional detainee policy. I urge my colleagues to address this important issue before Congress begins work on next year’s NDAA.”
    Congressman Morgan Griffith (R-VA 9):

“I voted against the National Defense Authorization Act previously because I did not believe that it adequately protected our civil liberties. Language in the Senate’s version of the defense authorization got us closer to a solution, but that language was rejected by the House-Senate conference committee and stripped from this conference report.
    Congresswoman Cynthia Lummis (R-WY AL):

“Whether in a time of peace or war, the Constitution still applies," said Rep. Lummis. "This bill simply falls short of protecting our constitutional rights. American citizens should not be detained indefinitely without charge, period. The authors of this bill had a chance to say this once and for all, and I could not vote for anything short of that."
    Congressman Thomas Massie (R-KY 4):

“The NDAA violates fundamental rights recognized since the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215 A.D.,” said Rep. Massie. “This bill ignores principles central to American liberty.”
    MORE STATEMENTS TO BE ADDED SOON!
    Last edited by Spoa; 12-24-2012 at 06:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden