Thread: The actors that play the part of the shooters, victims in mass shootings

The actors that play the part of the shooters, victims in mass shootings

The actors can play the part of the shooters, mall employees, shoppers in the mall, shoppers who continue to arrive at the mall, media reporters and others rushing to the mall, and persons in motor vehicles around the mall.

Visionbox Crisis Actors can also play the role of citizens calling 911 or mall management, or posting comments on social media websites.

http://crisisactors.org/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Active Shooter Crisis Actors Target Mall Shootings via Visionbox

DENVER, CO, October 31, 2012 -- A new group of actors is now available nationwide for active shooter drills and mall shooting full-scale exercises, announced Visionbox, Denver's leading professional actors studio.

Visionbox Crisis Actors are trained in criminal and victim behavior, and bring intense realism to simulated mass casualty incidents in public places.

The actors’ stage acting experience, ranging from Shakespeare to contemporary American theater, enables them to "stay in character" throughout an exercise, and improvise scenes of extreme stress while strictly following official exercise scenarios.

The actors regularly rehearse scenarios involving the Incident Command System and crisis communications, and appear in interactive training films produced in both 2D and stereoscopic 3D.

Producers Jennifer McCray Rincon and John Simmons formed the group to demonstrate emerging security technologies, help first responders visualize life-saving procedures, and assist trainers in delivering superior hands-on crisis response training.

For example, with a large shopping center, the producers review all security camera views and design dramatic scenes specifically for existing camera angles, robotic camera sweeps, and manually-controlled camera moves.

The producers then work with the trainers to create a "prompt book" for the actors so that key scenario developments can be triggered throughout the mall shooting simulation, and caught on tape.

The actors can play the part of the shooters, mall employees, shoppers in the mall, shoppers who continue to arrive at the mall, media reporters and others rushing to the mall, and persons in motor vehicles around the mall.

Visionbox Crisis Actors can also play the role of citizens calling 911 or mall management, or posting comments on social media websites.

During the exercise, the producers use two-way radio to co-direct the Crisis Actors team from the mall dispatch center and at actors’ locations.

Within this framework, the exercise can test the mall's monitoring and communications systems, the mall's safety plan including lockdown and evacuation procedures, the ability of first responders and the mall to coordinate an effective response, and their joint ability to respond to the media and information posted on the Internet.

Security camera footage is edited for after-action reports and future training.

For more information visit www.Visionbox.org and www.CrisisActors.org.

Visionbox is a project of the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center. Crisis Actors is a project of the Colorado Safety Task Force established by Colorado State Senator Steve King.

Nathan Bock
    Amanda Brown
    (720) 810-1641
    info@visionbox.org

I hope they have enough sense to deliver their performances after hours. "Active shooter drills" among armed citizens could get someone hurt.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I hope they have enough sense to deliver their performances after hours. "Active shooter drills" among armed citizens could get someone hurt.
    I was just about to say this.

From a gun control advocate point of view, this plan is frickin' brilliant. As soon as one "good Samaritan" citizen shoots one of these clowns who is "just doing a drill" it's going to be all over for anyone who wants to carry concealed.
    Last edited by KCIndy; 12-23-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Yes, and police response could get the good Samaritan hurt too.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Yes, and police response could get the good Samaritan hurt too.
    The cops will get an automatic pass. The poor guy who is legally carrying a concealed weapon won't.

He will be prosecuted for voluntary homicide or something similar. And then the next big media clamor will be against "untrained civilians" who are *gasp* allowed by the government to carry "powerful handguns" in public.

If they do this and somebody shoots them, at least the drill served its purpose.

If they do this and nobody has a gun, I guess the next best thing would be to run around screaming, or trying to dig a hole in the floor with which to bury your head.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    If they do this and somebody shoots them, at least the drill served its purpose.
    I dunno about you, but if I was in some "mall shooter" situation and shot someone whom I believed to be a crazed shooter and I then suddenly found myself being arrested and charged with voluntary homicide or second degree murder, I wouldnd't think the drill served its purpose at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    If they do this and nobody has a gun, I guess the next best thing would be to run around screaming, or trying to dig a hole in the floor with which to bury your head.
    Personally, I think this is the scenario we're being herded toward. As soon as guns are completely illegal for civilians to legally own, the next big media movement will be the call for MORE guards, MORE cops, MORE government run security, and even less freedom.