Thread: N. Korea Threatens to, "take 150,000 US citizens as hostages"

N. Korea Threatens to, "take 150,000 US citizens as hostages"

http://leaksource.wordpress.com/2013...h-us-hostages/

let me know if anyone finds a clip with subtitles

03/22/2013

North Korea posted a new propaganda video on Friday, showing paratroopers descending on Seoul in an invasion scenario that it said would see thousands of US citizens living in South Korea taken hostage.

The four-minute video, titled “A Short, Three-Day War,” begins with images of a massive artillery and rocket barrage, followed by a large-scale land and air assault with North Korean troops streaming over the border.

The video was posted on the North’s official website, Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news and propaganda from the state media.

It comes at a time of escalating tensions on the Korean peninsula, with multiple threats from North Korea of an armed response to joint South Korea-US military drills and to UN sanctions imposed after its nuclear test last month.

On Thursday, the North Korean military threatened strikes on US military bases in Japan and Guam.

The video’s male narrator describes different stages of the invasion, including the destruction of forces under the US Pacific Command with “powerful weapons of mass destruction.”

“The crack stormtroops will occupy Seoul and other cities and take 150,000 US citizens as hostages,”

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lmao. Especially when they showed the soldiers firing the RPGs and our Destroyers blowing up.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

They think our government gives a $#@! about it's citizens?

Is there anyone here who speaks Korean or reads Korean? +rep if you can give an idea of what exactly they are saying. It's obviously a threat of some sort but are they really claiming they will [or even that they think they could] take 150,000 citizens?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Funny how these stories of weapons of mass destruction come out.

Well not Ha! Ha! funny but funny none the less. Kind of like how evidence came out right away that 9-11 was surely the work of one man but the other attempts that have been thwarted since always seem to have government people supply and egging on the whole thing.

The media is almost laughable if the consequences weren't so serious.

LMAO 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Let's see. We have 28,500 troops in Korea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_Korea If all of those surrender to the vastly superior PRK, they will still need to round up 122,500 more.

They've been watching the crappy remake of "Red Dawn" far too much.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Let's see. We have 28,500 troops in Korea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_Korea If all of those surrender to the vastly superior PRK, they will still need to round up 122,500 more.
    Population of Guam...?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Who said anything about 151,000 Americans? If you're going to take those North Korean idiots literally down to the last hostage, at least do your math right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

If this was really a plan, then what sense does it make to tell the world what your plans are?

Some propoganda is aimed at foreigners. Some propoganda is intended for domestic consumption. The North Korean government likes to deflect blame from themselves for domestic problems by blaming the United States instead. "Look how tough your government is in standing up for you! We will take on the Mighty United States and they will tremble and run in fear!"

Some propoganda is aimed at foreigners. Some propoganda is intended for domestic consumption. The North Korean government likes to deflect blame from themselves for domestic problems by blaming the United States instead. "Look how tough your government is in standing up for you! We will take on the Mighty United States and they will tremble and run in fear!"
    Unlike the U.S. government. It prefers to tell you we're broke because we need more missiles to save the people of the world, and you have skin cancer because you needed to buy fluorescent bulbs to save the planet itself.

Screw North Korea , this is one citizen they cannot get. I thought they would be eating each other by now , lol

Seriously? Lol.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, since they have no missile that can deliver one of their nukes to the U.S, it only makes sense that they would kidnap some Americans and deliver them to one of their nukes.

And I'm sure the Military Industrial Complex appreciates this. It's hard to make a proper boogeyman out of these podunk countries that couldn't deliver a warhead without the assistance of FedEx. At least NK is trying.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, since they have no missile that can deliver one of their nukes to the U.S, it only makes sense that they would kidnap some Americans and deliver them to one of their nukes.

And I'm sure the Military Industrial Complex appreciates this. It's hard to make a proper boogeyman out of these podunk countries that couldn't deliver a warhead without the assistance of FedEx. At least NK is trying.
    I'm afraid you fail to recognize the existential threat this two-bit, technologically challenged, dark-at-night prison camp of a nation presents to your way of life, acp. Please report to your nearest FEMA camp and/or Glenn Beck radio/television broadcast for a heavy dose of the truth, thanks so much. We'll be happy to see you on the other side, shivering in your boots over a country that couldn't hit the broad-side of the pacific coast with a missile if we spotted them Hawaii, and insisting without the slightest hint or irony/duplicity that those Commie North Koreans present such a threat that "we" must attack Iran to keep them at bay.

There's nothing like the smell of radioactive isotopes in the morning, I tell ya.
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 03-23-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Do they even have enough gas to make it to Seoul with more than two 1970s era Pintos??
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Do they even have enough gas to make it to Seoul with more than two 1970s era Pintos??
    If they do, all it would take to repel the invasion would be to have a couple of grannies back into them as they were parking along the 38th parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Really doesn't matter.

Unless you sell them the Pintos. Then it might matter.

Sell them a couple of Subarus and Seoul might get mad at you.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Screw North Korea , this is one citizen they cannot get. I thought they would be eating each other by now , lol
    I'm pretty sure they are.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

If that "threat" leads to higher military budgets the enemies of the US are achieving their goals, aren't they? At least that seems to be the favorite strategy of Al-Quaida. "We may not be able to win in a real war, but we can bankrupt you!"

if i was the north koreans.. last thing i want happen was to hurt americans and get americans involved.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if its money they want, all they have to do is ask. we can just print some and send it their way
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

North Korea's army is far to weak and Hungry.

Give me an army and i will finish off there army in a week without killing civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    North Korea's army is far to weak and Hungry.
    Don't know much about this, so excuse my ignorance. How weak are they?
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    Don't know much about this, so excuse my ignorance. How weak are they?

I believe there least images say otherwise.

Could be more bluster, or something more serious....

http://portal.hickorytech.net/news/r...org%3E&ps=1010
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

They have done this from time to time.
    There was no immediate word about the impact on South Korean workers who were at the Kaesong industrial complex. When the link was last cut in 2009, many South Koreans were stranded in the North.

Outside North Korea, Pyongyang's actions are seen in part as an effort to spur dormant diplomatic talks to wrest outside aid, and to strengthen internal loyalty to young leader Kim Jong Un and build up his military credentials.