Thread: Front-page article about Thomas Massie on Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Front-page article about Thomas Massie on Roll Call

http://www.rollcall.com/news/scienti...06-1.html?pg=1

Effectively the first tea party member of the 113th Congress — and the only one with a vote on the fiscal cliff — Massie is uniquely positioned to help write the next chapter of the tea party’s role in Congress.
    Glad to see some publicity for our boy Thomas Massie.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Woot!! Thomas is seriously kicking some ass up there.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Awesome article, front paging

massie for vp
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Massie has exceeded my expectations so far. He is taking principled stands and distinguishing himself as a bold leader already. Kudos.

Way to start the new term!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I sure hope Massie keeps a close eye on Bentivolio cause he's a smoker and could easily come across Boehner repeatedly if you know what I mean. In fact, B and B have already shared a few smoke breaks together. I wonder whether these Tea Party types caucus and/or meet together on a regular basis to keep the rapport alive and make sure everyone is on the same page while actively pursuing new members. Then, constituents could pressure and/or persuade their reps to join this outfit either on their own or through some of these national orgs like FreedomWorks, C4L or Americans for Prosperity.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I sure hope Massie keeps a close eye on Bentivolio cause he's a smoker and could easily come across Boehner repeatedly if you know what I mean. In fact, B and B have already shared a few smoke breaks together. I wonder whether these Tea Party types caucus and/or meet together on a regular basis to keep the rapport alive and make sure everyone is on the same page while actively pursuing new members. Then, constituents could pressure and/or persuade their reps to join this outfit either on their own or through some of these national orgs like FreedomWorks, C4L or Americans for Prosperity.
    I would think that Amash would be the one to take him under his wing, given that they're in the same delegation. Is that true about Bentivolio and Boehner? Kinda funny if it is.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    I would think that Amash would be the one to take him under his wing, given that they're in the same delegation. Is that true about Bentivolio and Boehner? Kinda funny if it is.
    Yeah, I'd prefer if both of them kept an eye on Kerry since he's such a noob. Kerry has repeatedly stated how dedicated to the grassroots he is, so we'll see if he mans up. And yes, Kerry has been B's smoking buddy in recent times or at least he's mentioned that in front of other conservatives.

Yeah, I'd prefer if both of them kept an eye on Kerry since he's such a noob. Kerry has repeatedly stated how dedicated to the grassroots he is, so we'll see if he mans up. And yes, Kerry has been B's smoking buddy in recent times or at least he's mentioned that in front of other conservatives.
    Is it something you're worried about? You know him better than most of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    Is it something you're worried about? You know him better than most of us do.
    It's just that he's so green behind the ears and has been led around by his staff like a puppy for the better part of the campaign season. On the other hand, he seems to speak from the heart and genuinely believes in liberty while mentioning in many personal conversations to many of us that he'll hold the line. As far as having a command on things, he's miles away from Massie or Amash imo. When questioned in front of one conservative group about how he's going to be effective, he mentioned that he had met Boehner and said they were smoking buddies to which I thought was the lamest thing ever. If he plays along, perhaps the establishment will just keep him in there as their dog tho he'd have a grassroots mutiny on his hands. Do I think he aspires to have some extravagant career in DC to which he may want to play along, no. Put it like this, I have way more confidence at this point in TM and JA than KB until his record starts unfolding.

Maybe Bentivolio could be a good influence on Boehner. You know, like a grandfather lecturing his son or grandson once in a while.

If they smoke then it provides him more opportunities to bribe/threaten/persuade Kerry on key votes.

Somewhere in Kentucky, Marcus Carey is all pissed off about this.

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    Somewhere in Kentucky, Marcus Carey is all pissed off about this.
    When isn't Marcus Carey butthurt? He can write about it on his blog that nobody reads.

so great! What a resume. It's awesome to have a man such as this pulling for the American ideal.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kerry is green, but his head and heart is in the right place for liberty and that goes a long way. I think Kerry will defer to Massie and Amash on the issues and discuss them at length with the other liberty/tea party types.