Thread: Andrew Cuomo wants to confiscate your guns

Andrew Cuomo wants to confiscate your guns

http://www.infowars.com/new-york-gov...n-are-options/

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com
    December 21, 2012

New York governor Andrew Cuomo says the state of New York is serious about gun confiscation. The Democrat and former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development told an Albany radio station he plans to propose a package of draconian legislation during his Sate of the State address next month.

“I don’t think legitimate sportsmen are going to say, ‘I need an assault weapon to go hunting,’” Cuomo said, according to the New York Times. “There is a balance here — I understand the rights of gun owners; I understand the rights of hunters.”

Cuomo indicated the state will likely force some kind of permit process on owners of semi-automatic “assault weapons.” In addition to generating revenue and expanding the size and reach of government, the effort will allow the state to confiscate the weapons of citizens who do not comply.

“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it,” the governor said.

Cuomo’s confiscation scheme follows remarks by liberal members of the establishment media who demand the government seize firearms from law-abiding citizens. Earlier this week, MSNBC’s Ed Schultz tweeted in favor of gun confiscation.

“We need to get guns and bullets and automatic weapons off the streets,” said CNN’s Don Lemon following the Sandy Hook massacre. “They should only be available to police officers and to hunt al-Qaeda and the Taliban and not hunt elementary school children.”
    You folks living in New York get ready if he gets what he wants.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need to get guns and bullets and automatic weapons off the streets...
    They should only be available to police officers...
    So, police need them...because...? But, I can't be trusted unless I have a badge?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Automatic weapons? Those are already hard to get and very expensive. I'll settle for keeping semi-automatic weapons. I would like to have a sub-machine gun though. I just can't afford to go through the hoops to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    So, police need them...because...? But, I can't be trusted unless I have a badge?
    May be the debate about how many police officers should carry weapons should be brought out, you can't look at it one sided.

But then again this issue tends to be always.

What is sad is that these idiots probably think confiscations would work.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

$#@! him ..he can't have my guns.Ill tell you right now this is going to get ugly

Unpleasant road trip at this time of year, but if duty demands it .....
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Didn't New York city confiscate semi-auto rifles years ago? I seem to recall seeing the letter to all those who foolishly registered theirs.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton