Thread: Futures Flash Crash As ES Plummets To Limit Down

Futures Flash Crash As ES Plummets To Limit Down

No, really, there is a big, huge, massive rotation out of those dangerous, inflationary bonds into safe, predictable equities...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...ets-limit-down
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hummm.... a doomsday crash coming up.

What does the "ES" stand for these days?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Whatever happened seems to have been over in just a few minutes. Trading glitch? Expiring options?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Whatever happened seems to have been over in just a few minutes. Trading glitch? Expiring options?
    ZH said it was a transfer from bonds to equities.

I was actually hoping people here would clarify that.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

ES = Emerging stocks
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    ES = Emerging stocks
    E-mini S&P 500 futures.

Doesn't quite look like a flash crash to me. I would say that this was mostly planned selling. By that I mean many were waiting on the results of the fiscal cliff clown circus. I am sure a lot of algorithmic groups had automation ready to sell or buy on any signs of momentum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

Looking at the charts, if it was somebody moving out of bonds to equities it looks like they bought back in right away. I can't find any information suggesting the other side of the equation- that bond yields were soaring due to bonds being sold. Doesn't seem to have happend as it was described. I don't know what the charts are supposed to be showing.

thanks.

This forum says it was a glitch;
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/printt...threadid=13605
    Posted by acrary on 02-04-03 09:46 PM:

Globex Control Center sent out a notice at 3:23 CST. All trades above 86000 are busted...exchange related problem...
    Posted by acrary on 02-04-03 09:52 PM:

Got the details now. Three errant trades of 2,000 lots each were entered into the system. Everything above 860 is cancelled. The originator is eating the losses on all fills up to 860.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by McCloud on 02-04-03 09:54 PM:

IB:

To all traders
    Tue Feb 4 16:45:53 2003 EST

Globex Trading Update

Globex has just notified us they are breaking
    all trades in ESH3 executing above 860.00 between 16:00 and 16:15 EST.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

Put your sarcasm meter on.

dow futures down 205 now on fox business

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    sounds expensive for the originator.

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    dow futures down 205 now on fox business
    Probably based on the news that Boehner doesn't have the votes to get anything through the House of Representatives- making a deal on the "fiscal cliff" more unlikely at this time (the news is correct- currently showing down 208 points) http://money.cnn.com/data/premarket/ .
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.