Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precious metals are cheap now

Precious metals are cheap now

Oh boy not discouraged at all! Just picked up another 50oz of silver. I hope it goes to $10 so my 1k buys 100oz! Great time to buy!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I screwed up and bought some silver at $20.07 + premium over the weekend.

Too bad I didn't wait....I could have gotten the same amount for a few hundred less.

Who cares buy more tomorrow!

Time to go buy back the silver I sold to the coin shop for $26-28 more than a year ago.

Wait. Nah. I'll wait for $8.

(Actually serious, I may use a big dip to buy some numismatics. Love me some collectibles.)

I welcome $8 as a great buying opportunity in the dream world and will keep purchasing all the way down to $.001. FRN are worthless every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Time to go buy back the silver I sold to the coin shop for $26-28 more than a year ago.

Wait. Nah. I'll wait for $8.

(Actually serious, I may use a big dip to buy some numismatics. Love me some collectibles.)
    Well , seriously, what you sold is still not there, and I also doubt you will find a bargain on numistics , but I can get you some good deals on numistics if you let me know what type & grade you are interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    I screwed up and bought some silver at $20.07 + premium over the weekend.

Too bad I didn't wait....I could have gotten the same amount for a few hundred less.
    Most of us bought it at more. So if you screwed up, you still did much better than us.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Most of us bought it at more. So if you screwed up, you still did much better than us.
    Most of mine , probably $4.89 to $26, but , really, mostly at least low grade numistic that has lost no value.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anybody believe that it could drop below $17 or thereabouts anytime soon?

I bought it three weeks ago when it was at $22.80. My timing is always off. If I had just waited a few weeks I would've gotten it much cheaper.

Does anyone have preferences for online shops (Silver and/or Gold) ?

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDewgooder View Post
    Does anyone have preferences for online shops (Silver and/or Gold) ?
    Amagimetals.com is pretty good and they accept bitcoin too.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There are two prices which matter. What you paid to buy it and what you sell it for. What it does in the meantime means nothing. "shoulda....." Noboby can know when the best time to buy or sell will be.

Long time bull, 2005, in it thanks to my dad, will not sell as long as he does not substantially. But this sub 1200 and dowgold plus 12,5 thing is getting on my nerves. All the people horaying for lower gold, stop it. Not only is it annoying, it is illogical, which makes it more annoying. It's not like gold has a magical fixed future value that it eventually will reach during any scenario.

What is roughly fixed however (definetely quite independent from the gold market) is my lifetime and i wanna be rich for the rest of my life. So start wishing for 80000$/oz tomorrow. Buy high, sell higher! Everybody happy, always.

Do you buy life insurance with the simultaneous desire of wanting that the policy be triggered?

I assure you, gold will go much much higher (in fiat terms). That does NOT mean you will be significantly wealthier as a result.

You will be clinging to a buoy as the vast majority of the population sink like a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    Long time bull, 2005, in it thanks to my dad, will not sell as long as he does not substantially. But this sub 1200 and dowgold plus 12,5 thing is getting on my nerves. All the people horaying for lower gold, stop it. Not only is it annoying, it is illogical, which makes it more annoying. It's not like gold has a magical fixed future value that it eventually will reach during any scenario.

What is roughly fixed however (definetely quite independent from the gold market) is my lifetime and i wanna be rich for the rest of my life. So start wishing for 80000$/oz tomorrow. Buy high, sell higher! Everybody happy, always.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Picked up a little bit of Silver when it was $21.50 on the 18th, told my brother after i placed the order that silver will plummet in price since i just picked some up.

Two days in a row where silver (in the green) vastly outperforms gold while gold floats in small red numbers.

I think silver has now bottomed and is going to see an epic reversal.

Wow RIGHT after I posted that silver spiked another 30 cents and gold barely budged.

http://www.kitcosilver.com/

HOLY SMOKES SILVER SPIKED ANOTHER 30 cents in under a minute after that post!!!

Looks like my "epic reversal" call came just in the nick of time!!!

"As today’s Chart of the Day (courtesy Bloomberg) demonstrates, on a year-over-year percentage change basis, gold bullion is currently exhibiting the strongest buy signal of the entire bull market, far surpassing the previous buy signals placed in 2005, 2007, and late 2008-early 2009.
    Must See year-over-year percent change of gold bullion chart for the duration of the bull market is below:"

http://www.silverdoctors.com/chart-o...lverDoctors%29
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    HOLY SMOKES SILVER SPIKED ANOTHER 30 cents in under a minute after that post!!!
    Yeah , right now , Gold $1225 , Silver $19.44 ,Platinum $1336 , Palladium $658 .

Ive been banging this drum for the past couple of weeks!! Thanks for the data bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasLastHope View Post
    "As today’s Chart of the Day (courtesy Bloomberg) demonstrates, on a year-over-year percentage change basis, gold bullion is currently exhibiting the strongest buy signal of the entire bull market, far surpassing the previous buy signals placed in 2005, 2007, and late 2008-early 2009.
    Must See year-over-year percent change of gold bullion chart for the duration of the bull market is below:"

http://www.silverdoctors.com/chart-o...lverDoctors%29

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I;d like to see the chart for silver - my inkling is that the data supports a buy signal to an ever more extreme degree...

get to know your local coin shop dealer. Mine doesnt put his maples leafs or others in the front case for public consumption. But when you ask him, he gets them out and will sell them. I like picking through his 90% too

The bottom's in. Buy now or forever hold your peace.

Where to buy?

Anybody know of a good place to buy in San Diego?

Over the course of this century (or maybe just a decade or two!) new tech like Asteroid Mining (or robotized ocean / underground mining, etc) will make the price of all "precious" metals drop to near-zero. The market will see this coming, and the price will start dropping long before the first loads from space.

Don't shoot the messenger.

What caused the price of gold and silver to go up so much today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast