Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: How Ron Paul Supporters Almost Took Over the Republican Party of Miami-Dade Cty

Thumbs up EXCLUSIVE: How Ron Paul Supporters Almost Took Over the Republican Party of Miami-Dade Cty

Tomorrow morning, catch Sunshine State News' exclusive scoop on how libertarian-leaning conservative supporters of 2012 presidential candidate Ron Paul almost took control of the Miami-Dade County Republican Party Tuesday night -- losing the chairmanship by just two votes,

Self-styled "liberty activists" were elected the county party's vice-chairman and treasurer, and somewhere between 48 to 51 of the Miami-Dade GOP's 128 or so district committeepersons are reportedly "hard-core" Paul supporters.
    http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/blo...mi-dade-county

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I say I am very proud of these guys!!!!
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Story of my life!!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4777319

I regret to report that we lost chair 74 to 72 and yes it was because our own ppl did not show up.

This is a great example to use for future meetings/conventions for our people to get there and represent. If you run a strong campaign on principle and our proven message, that is also professional and clean, people will take notice and vote with you. We (some of us) DID NOT sacrifice principle and we came an inch within winning the damn thing. Best part is, we went in with a little over 40 votes and out of 147, we came out with half.

So please use this example to get your numbers out.

Good news is we got 5 out of 7 in the executive board.

Maybe I will make a thread on this another day but for now, we' take what we got and keep moving forward.

Damn proud of our brothers and sisters in Miami-Dade County though, I can't wait to hear their story.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Here is the story on their website:

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/sto...ade-county-gop

Republican grassroots activists inspired by the message of former presidential candidate Ron Paul failed to gain control of the Miami-Dade County GOP Tuesday night, but they have nevertheless won a record number of seats in the county party apparatus.

Most of these victories were won several months ago – and not only in Miami-Dade – but they are only being made public now.

Two Paul supporters were elected to the board of directors of Miami-Dade County’s Republican Executive Committee, one of the largest RECs in the state: Rosa Palomino as vice-chairwoman and Elizabeth Romney-Robayna as treasurer.

In addition, about 48 to 51 of the approximately 128 new committee persons seated Tuesday self-identify as supporters of the Texas congressman’s libertarian conservatism.

Sources from within the Republican Party tell Sunshine State News that Ryan Anderson, state committeeman for the Broward GOP, is also a Paul supporter, as are others elected to local party offices across the Sunshine State.

Their gains are the fruit of a months-long stealth campaign that activists say is intended to return the Republican Party to its traditional small-government roots.
    Around the State

Floridians select proposed license plate design
    Florida attorney general wants TU reporter to testify in Jennifer Carroll case
    Bad return address on Christmas cards from Gov. Rick Scott's political committee
    Indian River Commission reaches new agreement with Piper Aircraft
    State Dept starts Benghazi attack recommendations
    Some want added security at Hernando schools to be permanent
    Orange leaders OK $3M for more deputies in elementary schools
    Stork thrives, may shed endangered status
    Lawmakers await Benghazi review
    Inouye's death leaves hole in HI political clout

Nelson Diaz, an attorney and lobbyist who has been heavily involved with the campaigns of several Republican heavyweights since the 1990s (including now-U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio), beat out longtime grassroots activist and political consultant Emiliano Antunez for the position of county party chairman.

Diaz was reportedly the favored candidate of party leadership; Antunez supported Paul’s candidacy in 2008 and 2012, and was the favorite of the Paul supporters.

Antunez reportedly lost by only two votes.

Sources from within the Miami-Dade GOP told Sunshine State News that all but one of the state representatives, and two of the three state senators representing Miami-Dade County were present to cast their votes for the REC’s board of directors. The absent legislators were reportedly Rep. Michael Bileca of West Miami and Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla of Miami.

County REC elections are a mystery to most voters, perhaps even most registered Republicans. But they are important for the impact they have on setting the future agenda of the party at the county and state levels.

Every county’s Republican Party is divided up into districts or precincts, and each district/precinct is represented by up to four elected party officials: two district committeeman and two district committeewomen. In addition, each county has two county-wide elected officers: a state committeeman and a state committeewoman. These positions are all filled during the presidential primary election.

Each district and state committee person – and every representative and senator representing the county in the Florida Legislature -- is eligible to vote for a county party’s board of directors, which is made up of five officers: a chairman, a vice-chairman, two secretaries, and a treasurer.

The state committee persons, district/precinct committee persons, and the county party board of directors all make up a county’s Republican Executive Committee. The chairman and the two state committee persons of all the state’s county REPs are eligible to elect the leadership of the Republican Party of Florida (RPOF).

The Miami-Dade GOP is divided into 40 districts, for a potential committee membership of up to 162 persons (160 district committee persons and two state committeepersons), though sources tell Sunshine State News about 20 percent of those seats are vacant, either because no one ran for them or those elected to them were subsequently disqualified on any number of procedural technicalities

State Rep. Manny Diaz of Hialeah and activist Liliana Ros, who is often referred to as the “Godmother of the Miami-Dade GOP,” are the county REC’s two state committee persons. Neither are Paul supporters.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

To have this kind of strength in this particular area of FL should give us all a lot of confidence in our chances to make major headway in virtually all GOP parties across the country. Show up and bring a friend or relative!

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Story of my life!!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4777319

Damn proud of our brothers and sisters in Miami-Dade County though, I can't wait to hear their story.
    this^^
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

That really, really sucks that they lost by two votes, when they HAD the number of chairs needed to win the Chairman's election if everyone had shown up.

Nevertheless, our folks in Miami-Dade will find the local party MUCH more cooperative and polite going forward. No doubt the establishment was crapping their pants as the final vote was tallied.

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    That really, really sucks that they lost by two votes, when they HAD the number of chairs needed to win the Chairman's election if everyone had shown up.

Nevertheless, our folks in Miami-Dade will find the local party MUCH more cooperative and polite going forward. No doubt the establishment was crapping their pants as the final vote was tallied.
    the same thing (would have won with two more votes) just happened in Los Angeles. Part was people who didn't show up, part was vote discipline when people thought there were votes to spare as I understand it. eleganz was there, which is what he means about 'story of my life'. He and the others of our folks who worked the process did a great job.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I changed the title now that we have the story.

In VA we lost national committeewoman by 1 vote out of thousands..

Just freaking show up.

Better yet, organize 10 folks to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb1 View Post
    In VA we lost national committeewoman by 1 vote out of thousands..

Just freaking show up.

Better yet, organize 10 folks to show up.
    CA was the same, in Los Angeles, but ordinary people couldn't go, just those who had seats.

It was a close vote in Coconino County (AZ) too. Too close for the TP-Establishment faction. The RPRs lost by only 5 votes for Chair, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Vice Chairs, and the Treasurer only by 1. We'll get them next time.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    It was a close vote in Coconino County (AZ) too. Too close for the TP-Establishment faction. The RPRs lost by only 5 votes for Chair, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Vice Chairs, and the Treasurer only by 1. We'll get them next time.
    Therein lies the underlying issue of the years between elections. Establishment folks make the claim that we only show up in droves come election time to the state and county and district conventions, but none of the work in-between. Moments like this are just proof of that. If we showed up in droves with the same vigor as the primaries, we'd have more folks in positions of leadership. We may not all see eye to eye with the old guard, but I'd be hard pressed to say that they're completely wrong when they claim that we don't take part in the local party business. After all, all it takes is one person and the same passion used to get people out to vote during primaries or state conventions should be utilized for this. Even more so.

Losing by one or two votes isn't the definition of 'not showing up between elections'. We definitely want to do better to fulfill our own goals, but in no way does this justify their statements. Clearly it was a fight in each of these instances for MAJORITY.

But no one can deny that we don't show near the same amount of vigor and turnout that we do for the primaries. For obvious reasons, yes, but I personally don't see why our numbers aren't at least similar to that so there won't have to be talk of the 'next time.' As much as some don't want to agree, I still say there's some validity to their argument that we mostly show up to the primaries, but not as active during the in-between periods. Heck, gerryb1 just said it was one vote that kept from winning national committeewoman. Those individual moments that could have been a win for us all add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Therein lies the underlying issue of the years between elections. Establishment folks make the claim that we only show up in droves come election time to the state and county and district conventions, but none of the work in-between. Moments like this are just proof of that. If we showed up in droves with the same vigor as the primaries, we'd have more folks in positions of leadership. We may not all see eye to eye with the old guard, but I'd be hard pressed to say that they're completely wrong when they claim that we don't take part in the local party business. After all, all it takes is one person and the same passion used to get people out to vote during primaries or state conventions should be utilized for this. Even more so.
    We all worked in between. We have a great team, and an even more awesome leader, and only one person didn't make it (for good reason). It's the TP-Establishment faction who don't work hard, and have failed utterly for years. We had 10 unchallenged Dems on the ballot in Nov., but the PCs still voted for the old guard (aka their friends). We didn't get even one cross-over vote (Treasury was closer b/c a few of the TP-E faction didn't vote for that one at all). We've got cronyism, from top to bottom! I wonder what a meritocracy is like...
    Last edited by Lucille; 12-19-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    But no one can deny that we don't show near the same amount of vigor and turnout that we do for the primaries. For obvious reasons, yes, but I personally don't see why our numbers aren't at least similar to that so there won't have to be talk of the 'next time.' As much as some don't want to agree, I still say there's some validity to their argument that we mostly show up to the primaries, but not as active during the in-between periods. Heck, gerryb1 just said it was one vote that kept from winning national committeewoman. Those individual moments that could have been a win for us all add up.
    I see zero validity. We show up more than the common electorate, which also shows up more in primaries. We are obviously here to stay.

Did you guys have division in Miami? Here in la we had some people act in SEVERE self interest and vote against us. My suspection is that at at least two votes against us and that would've made the difference. Hell I would've taken a tie.
    Last edited by eleganz; 12-19-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 12-19-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    the same thing (would have won with two more votes) just happened in Los Angeles. Part was people who didn't show up, part was vote discipline when people thought there were votes to spare as I understand it. eleganz was there, which is what he means about 'story of my life'. He and the others of our folks who worked the process did a great job.
    I believe he is a she.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    I believe he is a she.
    I believe he is not, but maybe he/she is incognito.

Great job by all those that continue the fight to take back the GOP.

There was on jerk who got upset that he didn't get tapped as a candidate so he didn't show up. There were 4 who missed the meeting because of a family issue. There were about 3 or 4 who were disqualified because they changed their party affiliation after winning their election to the executive committee. Go figure...

I THINK I NEED TO MAKE SOME PHONE CALLS.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice necro!
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Sources from within the Republican Party tell Sunshine State News that Ryan Anderson, state committeeman for the Broward GOP, is also a Paul supporter, as are others elected to local party offices across the Sunshine State.
    IS RYAN ANDERSON OF THE BROWARD COUNTY GOP A MEMBER OF THESE FORUMS????
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I say I am very proud of these guys!!!!
    I screwed up...I was a member of the Miami Republican Party at the time...I did not show up to vote....they would have lost the chairmanship by one vote had I showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    I screwed up...I was a member of the Miami Republican Party at the time...I did not show up to vote....they would have lost the chairmanship by one vote had I showed up.
    We out to the December meeting... liberty factions of BREC + MDREC = Rand Paul SoFlo stop in 2016, trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

That is great! Libertarians need to take over the neocon Republican party.

See the link in my signature.

This is how it is done boys and girls.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast