Thread: Do elementary school teachers in Israel carry assault weapons? (pic)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LibForestPaul

I am no authority. But outside of Israel in the settlements I believe everyone is/was armed always.

If its in the settlement areas 100%. But even in Israel proper especially along the border areas many people are armed. This is a very common sight.

You bet your ass they do. Ever since the Maalot School terrorist attack.
    Last edited by Pericles; 12-14-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I sort of wonder why she would lug that old, big thing around, unless that is all they can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    I sort of wonder why she would lug that old, big thing around, unless that is all they can afford.
    The Izzies don't much retire weapons. The second rate stuff is used for security in low threat areas.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Well I don't agree with Israel on much, but this I do. I don't why teachers shouldn't be allowed to concealed carry in US schools.

That's not anywhere near an assault weapon (it's an M1 carbine for Pete's sake); it was introduced during WWII to replace the M1911A1 as a sidearm for certain troops and officers. Better range and about double the capacity, but that's pretty much where the benefits over the 1911 cease.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    M1 Carbines are not "big". It's 35.6" long. They are reliable. The ammo seems pricey, though.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    M1 Carbines are not "big". It's 35.6" long. They are reliable. The ammo seems pricey, though.

-t
    For a woman, it seems big. It just doesn't seem like something you can pull out quickly in a defensive situation.

I'm pretty sure that's not an assault weapon, that's a defense against assault weapon.

I went to Israel twice. The malls look just like they do in America, except for all the off duty kids walking around with "assault" weapons.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I went to Israel twice. The malls look just like they do in America, except for all the off duty kids walking around with "assault" weapons.
    Or the beach:

The original picture is probably a low security risk area. Might be her own personal gun. For the most part youll see Tavors M4s and maybe some galils.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    I am no authority. But outside of Israel in the settlements I believe everyone is/was armed always.
    Yeah, I'd be armed too if I was occupying someone else's land and oppressing and murdering them for decades. Being armed seems quite sensible given the hatred I've instilled against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    Yeah, I'd be armed too if I was occupying someone else's land and oppressing and murdering them for decades. Being armed seems quite sensible given the hatred I've instilled against me.
    Exactly, probably the same reason kidnappers arm up, just in case their victim decide to strike. So yea, I will have a gun too if I was in the business of stealing land and killing innocent people. God forbid those people decide to fight back

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably more of a pre emptive thing. Potential attackers see the weapon and look for a softer target.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Probably more of a pre emptive thing. Potential attackers see the weapon and look for a softer target.
    And that is a good reason to advocate Open Carry.

Visible arms should be as common as a hat.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Been to Israel once myself - random civilians running around the Old City with M16's. Quite a head turner as an American. Sets off the internal terrorist alarm the TSA has enstilled in us. I wouldn't be surprised to see a teacher there with a rifle.

Is she packing some thunderwear... or is she just happy to see me
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And that is a good reason to advocate Open Carry.

Visible arms should be as common as a hat.
    Actually, I would want them to be the opposite. If I know all the people with guns then I will be able as an attacker to plan out my attacker well. First, I will try and take out the gun wielders and then go for the soft targets but I cant do this if the guns are hidden.

Conceal carry is better than open carry

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Actually, I would want them to be the opposite. If I know all the people with guns then I will be able as an attacker to plan out my attacker well. First, I will try and take out the gun wielders and then go for the soft targets but I cant do this if the guns are hidden.

Mix of the two is best... if it's purely concealed carry, then the attacker may get overconfident thinking noone is armed
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

NO,, you would not. You would look for a soft disarmed target, and would avoid any that could possibly interfere with your intentions. (like school children)

Someone does not commit a crime against a bunch of armed people (with the hope that he can get them all first).
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    NO,, you would not. You would look for a soft disarmed target, and would avoid any that could possibly interfere with your intentions. (like school children)

Someone does not commit a crime against a bunch of armed people (with the hope that he can get them all first).
    Indeed... career criminals don't want to attack anybody with guns, period... they know if they get in the habit of doing that, there's only one way that ends..

(except for some reason gang violence... shrug, I guess they have all death wishes)
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan* View Post
    That's not anywhere near an assault weapon (it's an M1 carbine for Pete's sake); it was introduced during WWII to replace the M1911A1 as a sidearm for certain troops and officers. Better range and about double the capacity, but that's pretty much where the benefits over the 1911 cease.
    More than likely its an M2, so it would have full auto select capability. You can't tell from the angle if it has a selector switch. The .30 carbine round is quite common in Israel. See the IMI Magal their law enforcement uses.

A little personal observation. The recoil on it is minimal so it easy to get the front sights back on target. My 12yo daughter fires mine with flip sights and can shoot 4 MOA on the iron which is a pie plate at 200 yards. Its weight is almost exactly the same as the 10/22 Compact that she qualified rifleman with. LOA is about two inches longer than her 10/22 and the draw length is only an inch longer. 1200 fps on a 110 grain projectile at 200 yards.

I'll direct concerns about the NK frozen clothing urban legend to theBoxOTruth.com

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    More than likely its an M2, so it would have full auto select capability. You can't tell from the angle if it has a selector switch. The .30 carbine round is quite common in Israel. See the IMI Magal their law enforcement uses.

A little personal observation. The recoil on it is minimal so it easy to get the front sights back on target. My 12yo daughter fires mine with flip sights and can shoot 4 MOA on the iron which is a pie plate at 200 yards. Its weight is almost exactly the same as the 10/22 Compact that she qualified rifleman with. LOA is about two inches longer than her 10/22 and the draw length is only an inch longer. 1200 fps on a 110 grain projectile at 200 yards.

I'll direct concerns about the NK frozen clothing urban legend to theBoxOTruth.com

XNN
    What he said ^ The carbines were also popular with the asian troops in the Korean and Vietnam wars, until the M16 was made available to them. The wepaons can be more easily handled by small stature people than the M1 and M14.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellwagen View Post
    Been to Israel once myself - random civilians running around the Old City with M16's. Quite a head turner as an American. Sets off the internal terrorist alarm the TSA has enstilled in us. I wouldn't be surprised to see a teacher there with a rifle.
    IDF requires their reservists to carry their weapons, wherever they go, two days a week. Given the size of their reserve force, that means that between 2-3% of their population are armed with their issued weapons and ammo at any given time. Personal ownership of long guns and hand guns outside of those issued to their reserves is actually quite curtailed.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

there are some Texas schools which have unknown administrators and teachers carry guns and I absolutely think that is a good idea.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 12-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    there are some Texas schools which have unknown administrators and teachers carry guns and I absolutely think that is a good idea.
    Promoting uncertainty is always a positive in an unequal encounter. When you have few options of shifting the calculus, it best to engage in as many as possible as quickly as possible. Its completely stupid for schools to put their security plans on-line.

XNN