Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queen Elizabeth photographed walking among her HUGE stash of gold bars

Queen Elizabeth photographed walking among her HUGE stash of gold bars

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/14/queen-...id=center_saga

Yeah its TMZ but I follow that too in case something like this comes up. Is she putting on a tungsten show? Bank of England is reported location.

Last edited by devil21; 12-15-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think she owns much, if any of that. BoE is a prime storage location for other nations' gold, and Gordon Brown famously sold off quite a bit of the UK's gold at a rock-bottom price of $200 - right before the huge ramp up to today's $1700 price.

So much photshop material in these pics. Anybody?

Make em go viral.

(btw, does anyone know if the Queen, any Queen or King actually, has ever been openly photographed or even reported as walking in a vault of gold?)
    Last edited by devil21; 12-15-2012 at 04:04 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Chocolate bars !

The caption says that it is the gold of the Bank of England.

I wish I had ONE of those bricks...
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Looks like they are watching her closely. Guess they don't want her putting one of those gold bricks into her little purse.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Ok, something's up.

They let the science guy in the above video come in and shoot a documentary in there. And then they have the Queen parading through today?

Sounds to me like they are trying to do some sort of positive PR campaign, you don't just let people in your vault like that without a real good reason. My guess is these photo ops are designed to bolster some sort of confidence in their bank or their currency or something of that nature. They are definitely up to something.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The caption says that it is the gold of the Bank of England.
    Define Bank Of England. Defing The gold of.

"formally the Governor and Company of the Bank of England,"
    "and to this day it still acts as the banker for Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

She doesn't own any of it....

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Define Bank Of England. Defing The gold of.

"formally the Governor and Company of the Bank of England,"
    "and to this day it still acts as the banker for Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"
    The Monarch doesn't own it, it is owned by "The Crown" which is the sovereign entity, not the monarch.

Although it may say "Her Majesty's" it does not belong to her or the Royal Family at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I wish I had ONE of those bricks...
    Me too...400 ounces X 1700 per ounce = $680,000...real wealth that's really word up.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    The Monarch doesn't own it, it is owned by "The Crown" which is the sovereign entity, not the monarch.

Although it may say "Her Majesty's" it does not belong to her or the Royal Family at all.
    Actually it says "Her Majesty's government" - not just "Her Majesty" so it does not even belong to "the crown". She is a figurehead but has no real ruling powers.
    Her personal net worth is estimated to be about $450 million. http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...h-ii-net_1244/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-15-2012 at 10:10 PM.

"Estimated"....

If the Kind of Thailand is a billionaire...you can bet your ass the Queen of England is as well...many, many, many times over...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DFF

"Estimated"....

If the Kind of Thailand is a billionaire...you can bet your ass the Queen of England is as well...many, many, many times over...
    +rep DFF. I wish you'd post more often like you used to.

Nevermind the Saudis and other much more recent Royal families. The Crown has been tossing people's $#@! for thousands of years.

Not since a few big oil fields were discovered.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-16-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    +rep DFF. I wish you'd post more often like you used to.

Nevermind the Saudis and other much more recent Royal families. The Crown has been tossing people's $#@! for thousands of years.

Not since a few big oil fields were discovered.
    Make it a few hundred and you would be right,and England for most of time was not known as the wealthy part of Europe.Also one king with a bad addiction usually pissed most of the wealth in his life time no matter if it was spent on war or building palaces ( building stupid things has destroyed more kingdoms than war ).

The only uber-rich monarch in Europe is the Pope.Now that is royalty with almost unlimited wealth that has ruled for thousands of years.

Now I am not saying that they are poor but almost all of them depend on property as their main income ( tourism ),unlike the Sheikhs who own the Oil and the taxes go to them directly which is not the case with European monarchies who either have no control in government affairs or have no taxes like Monaco and Lichtenstein.
    Last edited by Demigod; 12-16-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Why doesn't that gold tarnish when sitting in the air like that?
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Sounds to me like they are trying to do some sort of positive PR campaign, ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Not sure if serious, but gold does not tarnish or oxidize. There is a reason (several actually) that it has served as money for thousands of years.

She got those gold bars by producing what again? Certainly not by offering a good or service...well, her signature royal wave could be considered air conditioning services I guess. But that's reaching a little. She fits nicly in the category of unjustly rich, and from slavery too.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    Make it a few hundred and you would be right,and England for most of time was not known as the wealthy part of Europe.Also one king with a bad addiction usually pissed most of the wealth in his life time no matter if it was spent on war or building palaces ( building stupid things has destroyed more kingdoms than war ).
    Depends on far back you want to go and how much you want to dissect the history of English monarchy. I should have said a thousand years but it's certainly not just the last few hundred years, either.

First King of the English, circa 920AD:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athelstan

You can amass a lot of wealth in 1100 years. A lot more than some Saudi sheikhs that were considered rulers of barren desert until 1938, when oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Gold is a very stable element, it doesn't react much at all.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Douglas View Post
    I literally laughed out loud!

I just read over on ATS that the Queen is also sitting in on a closed cabinet meeting shortly, which apparently is damn near unheard of for the royals to do.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I just read over on ATS that the Queen is also sitting in on a closed cabinet meeting shortly, which apparently is damn near unheard of for the royals to do.
    Interesting...maybe she's trying to reassert control over the kingdom before SHTF...and if so, what took so long?

And for people who say the Queen doesn't have any power, behold -

Domestic Affairs
    The appointment and dismissal of ministers;
    The summoning, prorogation and dissolution of Parliament;
    Royal assent to bills;
    The appointment and regulation of the civil service;
    The commissioning of officers in the armed forces;
    Directing the disposition of the armed forces in the UK;
    Appointment of Queen's Counsel;
    Issue and withdrawal of passports;
    Prerogative of mercy. (Used to apply in capital punishment cases. Still used, eg to remedy errors in sentence calculation)
    Granting honours;
    Creation of corporations by Charter;

Foreign Affairs
    The making of treaties;
    Declaration of war;
    Deployment of armed forces overseas;
    Recognition of foreign states;
    Accreditation and reception of diplomats.
    She can $#@!-can the Prime Minister, dissolve Parliament, and is commander and chief of the military...
    Last edited by DFF; 12-17-2012 at 11:50 PM.

True that. She's knights people, man. Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    She is a figurehead but has no real ruling powers.

If she points at you and shouts "Seize Him!!" They will seize you, just because she's the Queen. Of course they will then let you go and apologize.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    Interesting...maybe she's trying to reassert control over the kingdom before SHTF...and if so, what took so long?

And for people who say the Queen doesn't have any power, behold -

She can $#@!-can the Prime Minister, dissolve Parliament, and is commander and chief of the military...
    I had no idea. Very interesting.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast