Thread: Alternative Currencies anyone Interested

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alternative Currencies anyone Interested

Anyone Interested in Starting our own currency here in CALIFORNIA?
    Last edited by Endthefednow; 12-14-2012 at 08:08 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those kind of things come up here from time to time. Opinions are mixed. But if something is yoked to the dollar, which I think Ithaca hours are, and not commodity based, then there doesn't seem to me to be much point.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Those kind of things come up here from time to time. Opinions are mixed. But if something is yoked to the dollar, which I think Ithaca hours are, and not commodity based, then there doesn't seem to me to be much point.
    Commodity based would be the way to go .

The Euro! €
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

I'm interested. PM me.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

I'm getting the hell out of California, but I am designing an inflation-proof commodity-backed currency (like a more user-friendly version of Bitcoin, only with 100% local multiple commodity backing, no data-mining) for implementation in New Hampshire. I'll freely share every aspect of the model when it's finished. All the software aspects will be Open Source as well. PM me if you (or anyone else) is interested in updates.

A multi layered commodity currency is probably the most viable and longstanding.

Cooper/silver/gold are my 3 favorites to build a currency system.

So much so, in fact, that I am beginning to feel the need to learn smelting skills and purchase a small furnace and press. This will take some time, but I think it will be of use to myself and community over the next 20 years (I'm 24 years old).
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    A multi layered commodity currency is probably the most viable and longstanding.

Cooper/silver/gold are my 3 favorites to build a currency system.

So much so, in fact, that I am beginning to feel the need to learn smelting skills and purchase a small furnace and press. This will take some time, but I think it will be of use to myself and community over the next 20 years (I'm 24 years old).
    Smelting and assaying, and you're literally worth a private bullion mint.

To begin with, I'm looking at an asset pool of Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum, Aluminum, Copper and Nickel to begin with. Three precious metals, four industrial, all physically allocated, with allocated holding titles fully divisible and electronically transferable.

Fully transparent, not-for-profit, and 100% LAWFUL according to any mainstream legal opinion (I've made an intense study of it from that standpoint).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well , maybe my geology and metallurgy will be worth something some day

Now we're getting somewhere on this forum. I have serious envy right now, like I'm missing out on something important.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

WoW, thanks for you interest in this guys. I had just purchased the book and vid from the Hometown Money: How to Enrich Your Community with Local Currency by Paul Glover. The founder of Ithaca HOURS. I just love the idea of a multi layered commodity currency. If we could start in our local areas to eventually spread it all over the 50 states we just might get rid of the fed on our own!

I've been working on a basic website and business plan for my own currency which is designed to really be the currency of the future. When I'm ready I will post a link.

Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    I've been working on a basic website and business plan for my own currency which is designed to really be the currency of the future. When I'm ready I will post a link.
    Add me to your list if you have one, I'll help in any way I can if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Douglas View Post
    Add me to your list if you have one, I'll help in any way I can if you're interested.
    I will. I will try to let Ron Paul people know about it. Ill post a thread about it when ready. I think people here would be interested in it since it will create more free markets, but there will be some people who disagree with the methods.

The first thing I would need when ready is some well connected people to help finance and gain acceptance of the currency. If you know of anyone who can help with that, that would be a plus.
    Last edited by tttppp; 12-17-2012 at 08:04 AM.