Thread: Massie joins Ron Paul, Amash, Jones in opposition to NDAA (only 4 nay votes)

Massie joins Ron Paul, Amash, Jones in opposition to NDAA (only 4 nay votes)

Breaking.

Not the actual bill just yet, but a "motion to commit."
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this NDAA bill exactly the same as the Senate NDAA bill? Or did they change it?

As Rand Paul has pointed out, this year's NDAA does not change indefinite detentions one way or another. Probably quite a few other reasons to oppose it though.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It was a Democratic procedural motion to instruct conferees, which I believe Amash and Paul always vote against.

This one passed 399-4 because it was related to a plan for promoting the security of Afghan women and girls during the security transition process.

Here's the roll call vote:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll624.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Is this NDAA bill exactly the same as the Senate NDAA bill? Or did they change it?
    The House and Senate bills are different so they have to go to conference to resolve the differences, which will happen next week.

I sure am proud of our own Congressman Massie. We need to send him some more help from the forums.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Good for our four.

Dust and ashes to the other 399.

--
    edit, I was going to put it on the front page but the OP doesn't yet seem to have anything that would actually go there....
    Last edited by sailingaway; 12-13-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Is Kerry not there yet? Did it after all turn out he didn't win the idiot special election so we get to give someone a lifetime pension for one month's work?

--
    edit, damn. I was following this thread for a while but for a while it said he won/was winning the special election. Oh well FIVE votes come January. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4751025
    Last edited by sailingaway; 12-13-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kucinich voted for it though. Interesting.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

NDAA or indefinite detention?

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Is Kerry not there yet? Did it after all turn out he didn't win the idiot special election so we get to give someone a lifetime pension for one month's work?

--
    edit, damn. I was following this thread for a while but for a while it said he won/was winning the special election. Oh well FIVE votes come January. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4751025
    You don't get a congressional pension until you serve 5 years.

Congressional pension is a pension made available to members of the United States Congress. Members who participated in the congressional pension system are vested after five (5) years of service. A full pension is available to Members 62 years of age with 5 years of service; 50 years or older with 20 years of service; or 25 years of service at any age. A reduced pension is available depending upon which of several different age/service options is chosen.

We have almost nothing but pillagers and mafia men in the Republi-con party. It's good to have a few good ones here and there like Massie, Amash, etc. but the machine is so stacked against their agenda it's beyond depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    NDAA or indefinite detention?
    Neither.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

So what vote was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Neither.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    So what vote was it?
    The House proceeded with one hour of debate on the Davis(CA) motion to instruct conferees on H.R. 4310. The instructions contained in the motion seek to require the managers on the part of the House at the conference on the disagreeing votes of the two Houses on the Senate amendment to the bill H.R. 4310 be instructed to agree to section 1249 of the Senate amendment (relating to a plan for promoting the security of Afghan women and girls during the security transition process).