Thread: Congressman Massie's Weekly Newsletter!

Congressman Massie's Weekly Newsletter!

REPRESENTATIVE MASSIE'S
    4TH DISTRICT NEWSLETTER

Dear Friend,

It has been a whirlwind for us over the last few weeks. After campaigning throughout the year I was blessed to be chosen as the Congressman for Kentucky’s 4th district, and I am truly humbled to have the opportunity to serve you.

On November 13th I was sworn in as your Representative, and since then we have been moving quickly to establish an organization dedicated to addressing all the needs of this district.

Here’s a video of me taking the Oath of Office...

CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE TO VIEW VIDEO

And this is a picture of my whole family with the Speaker during the Ceremonial Swearing-in.

I want to share everything that has been happening and all the plans we have for the future. There's a lot to update you about.

In the past few weeks…

In Washington

I co-sponsored federal legislation that requires the federal government to respect state laws allowing the growing of industrial hemp. H.R. 1831, the Industrial Hemp Farming Act, amends the Controlled Substances Act to exclude industrial hemp from the definition of marijuana. Industrial hemp is a sustainable crop and could be a great economic opportunity for Kentucky farmers.

I also co-sponsored H.R. 420, the Veterans’ Heritage Firearms Act. This legislation protects veterans from unfair prosecution for possessing lawfully procured war relic firearms acquired during World War II and the Korean War. This bill reflects our gratitude for their years of service, as well as my respect for their Second Amendment rights.

I voted for H.R. 6429, the STEM Jobs Act of 2012, which makes reforms to federal immigration law and will stimulate our economy. H.R. 6429 allows our country to keep the best and brightest foreign graduates of U.S. universities with higher degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) here creating jobs.

I also signed on to H. Res. 826, a House resolution pushing back against White House attempts to force Congress to cede its constitutional authority concerning the power of the purse. The Founding Fathers entrusted Congress with this authority and we must maintain it as a check on the power of the Executive branch.

In the coming weeks, the House plans to vote on bills to address sequestration and the so-called “fiscal cliff.” But the current situation is really nothing more than a ‘fiscal speed bump’ compared to the mounting debt and entitlement crisis we face.

If Congress continues to kick the can down the road and avoid making real decisions to shrink government and cut spending, our country risks becoming a large-scale version of Greece, bringing European-style austerity to the American people.

Additionally, I was selected to serve on the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, as well as the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology.

It is an honor for me to be selected to serve on these vital committees. These appointments grant me the opportunity to address the needs of the people of the 4th district, and I am excited to begin the important work of serving my fellow citizens.

In the 4th District

Back home in Kentucky, staff appointments were announced for my 4th district offices: District Director Chris McCane, Field Director Bob Porter, District Office Manager Mary Kreft, Western District Field Representative Stacie Rockaway, and Eastern District Field Representative J.R. Reed will form a core team serving the district.

The dedication, experience, and common sense they bring to their new roles will benefit us all. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with them, and together we will do everything we can to meet the district’s needs.

I've also had the opportunity to visit several friends in Kentucky's 4th. Here are a few photos from that visit that I'd like to share.

I am so proud to have been chosen as the Congressman for Kentucky’s 4th district. I appreciate your interest in my Congressional activities, and I will do my best to keep you updated about everything my office is doing to serve our fellow citizens.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Massie
    U.S. Representative
    4th District of Kentucky
    Sign up for Congressman Massie's Weekly Newsletters here: http://massie.house.gov/
    He plans to send out weekly newsletters every Friday that D.C. is in session!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I was really impressed by that.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Thanks posting this, I subscribed to his email updates. Congressman Massie is the best liberty candidate we have in Congress, now Ron's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Thanks posting this, I subscribed to his email updates. Congressman Massie is the best liberty candidate we have in Congress, now Ron's gone.
    Is he better than Rand and Amash?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Is he better than Rand and Amash?
    I consider them the same.