Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iran: We Stole All Secrets From US Drone

Iran: We Stole All Secrets From US Drone

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-stole-sec...opstories.html

An Iranian military commander claimed Monday that the country has stolen all the secrets held by a high-tech American surveillance drone that crashed in Iran last year, according to Iranian news reports.

"All the intelligence in this drone has been completely decoded and extracted and we know each and every step it has taken," said Brig. Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, Commander of the Aerospace Division for the elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard, according to an English-language report by Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency.

Another Iranian outlet, Press TV, reported that Hajizadeh said that data gleaned from the drone showed that it was not spying on the Iranian nuclear program – a story Hajizadeh said the Americans had spread "as an excuse for hostile practices."

The RQ-170 Sentinel drone, a classified unmanned surveillance craft produced by defense contracting giant Lockheed Martin, was on a CIA mission when it mysteriously crashed in Iranian territory last December, according to U.S. officials at the time. Days after the crash, Press TV broadcast video of what appeared to be the drone propped up but in good condition. Iranian officials said then they were going to set about analyzing the advanced aircraft.

At the time of the crash, American officials said that the drone had been operating over Afghanistan when its operators lost control, after which it floated into Iranian airspace. Iranian officials said their country's electronic warfare experts had been able to take control of the drone and bring it down -- a claim disputed by Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby, who said the drone was not taken down by "hostile activity of any kind."

The bat-wing shaped craft is designed to dodge enemy radar and slip unnoticed into hostile territory to gather information or support operations on the ground. It was reportedly used to keep tabs on the man believed to be Osama bin Laden during the Navy SEAL mission that took out the terror leader in Pakistan in May.

Hajizadeh also reportedly said today that a surveillance drone sent by Hezbollah to spy in Israel in October was "an old product of Iran" and featured none of the technology allegedly gleaned from the RQ-170.

Representatives from the CIA and the U.S. military did not immediately respond to requests for comment for this report.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ufo
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Are those skulls in place of the stars on the US flag on the tail? Alien heads? Or is that the Iranian poster?

NM--it's the poster, I'm pretty sure.
    Last edited by amy31416; 12-10-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Lot of lying going on. How unusual.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

All your secret are belong to us.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Obama should have sent whats left of SEAL team 6 to retrieve the drone. Now make that mission into a movie and I will watch it

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Lot of lying going on. How unusual.
    Yeah, I don't believe the Iranians decoded a damn thing or that the U.S. drone accidently went over into Iranian airspace. I do find it plausible that the Iranian's hacked and landed the drone as there was hardly any damage to a craft that supposedly fell from 10,000+ feet.

ETA: I've seen that some of these drones have automatic landing procedures should they lose contact with their pilot. So maybe this drone was 'confused' as to where it was exactly and landed itself. You are right Kathy, both sides are lying through their teeth.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 12-10-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

How did they steal something that was trespassing?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    Another Iranian outlet, Press TV, reported that Hajizadeh said that data gleaned from the drone showed that it was not spying on the Iranian nuclear program – a story Hajizadeh said the Americans had spread "as an excuse for hostile practices."...

...At the time of the crash, American officials said that the drone had been operating over Afghanistan when its operators lost control, after which it floated into Iranian airspace.
    Story contradicts itself. Which was it?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Governments lying.....I don't believe it.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

I dont believe any of it...

For all we know we intentionally crashed it so as they tried to hack it we could hack them.

We have no idea what's really going on and never will.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Star Trek Plot: They send the modified V'ger back home to seek out its creator... Pandemonium ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    I dont believe any of it...

For all we know we intentionally crashed it so as they tried to hack it we could hack them.

We have no idea what's really going on and never will.
    Why do so many people say "we" when they are referring to the government or some government agency? "We" don't control the actions of these agencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Why do so many people say "we" when they are referring to the government or some government agency? "We" don't control the actions of these agencies.
    We do in a detached sense--we send 'em the money to do what they do.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Anything that was in that drone (software or hardware) is by now revealed and not secret to Iranians anymore.

There is no code that cant be broken and no password or encryption that can not be broken(?). It just takes time and they have more than enough time.

Just hardware on that drone is worth billions.

If I remember correctly US military introduced marking "eyes only" when "stealth paint" that absorbs radar was invented and now that same paint is in iranian hands lolllllllllllllolol trololol....

What is the price of that "stealth paint" on that drone? lol.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    How did they steal something that was trespassing?
    Was my first thought.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The U2 spy plane had a self destruct button on it. It supposedly had a delay, but the rumor among the U2 pilots was that the delay was milliseconds. That's probably why Gary Powers didn't push it and eventually got captured. Self preservation is a strong instinct in humans. That begs the question, why didn't the drone have a self destruct?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The U2 spy plane had a self destruct button on it. It supposedly had a delay, but the rumor among the U2 pilots was that the delay was milliseconds. That's probably why Gary Powers didn't push it and eventually got captured. Self preservation is a strong instinct in humans. That begs the question, why didn't the drone have a self destruct?
    Seems like the U2 wouldn't have needed to have a self destruct button on it if they had just made it so the plane would self destruct once the ejection seat had safely removed the pilot.

You have posed a good question, why didn't the drone self destruct once the pilot had lost control of it?
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 12-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Seems like the U2 wouldn't have needed to have a self destruct button on it if they had just made it so the plane would self destruct once the ejection seat had safely removed the pilot.

You have posed a good question, why didn't the drone self destruct once the pilot had lost control of it?
    that feature will be in the next model.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

free market minds find solutions....

Better than that small group of egg-head clowns working in their secret back room.

the drone is set to return to the airfield it launched from.
    iran overrode the GPS signal getting the the drone (ground based systems blasting GPS at the drone), and the drone thought it was landing at the afghan airfield. the iranian airfield was a bit higher in elevation, which hurt some parts of the landing gear, hence the black skirt.

if you dont think the gps can be overridden, read this: http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/...-1-000-spoofer

recently iran has claimed to have another US drone (navy ScanEagle drone)
    http://news.kuwaittimes.net/2012/12/...rone-captured/

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly. View Post
    the drone is set to return to the airfield it launched from.
    iran overrode the GPS signal getting the the drone (ground based systems blasting GPS at the drone), and the drone thought it was landing at the afghan airfield. the iranian airfield was a bit higher in elevation, which hurt some parts of the landing gear, hence the black skirt.

if you dont think the gps can be overridden, read this: http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/...-1-000-spoofer

recently iran has claimed to have another US drone (navy ScanEagle drone)
    http://news.kuwaittimes.net/2012/12/...rone-captured/
    Sounds like an engineering problem. Had the engineers known of that vulnerability, they probably would have had it self destruct in the event of lost control rather than relying on GPS to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    that feature will be in the next model.
    And cost an extra $50 million per drone.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    And cost an extra $50 million per drone.
    Well, they have a choice. Let the top secret equipment fall into enemy hands or lose the equipment.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    We do in a detached sense--we send 'em the money to do what they do.
    Yeah, but that's so indirect it doesn't really justify the use of "We", in my grammatically nit-picky opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Yeah, but that's so indirect it doesn't really justify the use of "We", in my grammatically nit-picky opinion.
    I disagree. We could have stopped income tax, the Federal Reserve and numerous wars and death, raids, gov't expansion if we put our foot down and refused.

I know it's not realistic (anymore), but "we" keep electing these people and paying them like kings to do what they do.

Honestly, I hope they really did discover all the secrets from the drone. Maybe, just maybe, this will ever so slightly make the fight Iran crowd at least a little bit hesitant about attacking them. But, knowing how dumb they are, I doubt it.

Notice the propaganda.

The Iranian who is quoted doesn't use the word "stole." The journalist does, in a perfectly matter-of-fact way, both in the article and the headline.

How in the world is that theft?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Notice the propaganda.

The Iranian who is quoted doesn't use the word "stole." The journalist does, in a perfectly matter-of-fact way, both in the article and the headline.

True, they stole nothing. They were invaded by a hostile foreign aircraft. They didn't steal it or anything from it. They might have learned many things from it, how significant those discoveries are is the question. I don't think it is very significant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Notice the propaganda.

more to that point, had the US downed a Iranian drone in US territory, it would be touted as an act of war.
    not so when 'merica does it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast