Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for December 31 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Predictions for December 31 2013

Let's make some one year predictions about where the economy will be by December 31, 2013 - roughly one year from today.

I firmly believe that:

1) Unemployment rates will fall just below 7% from 7.7% as the economy picks back up.

2) New car sales will continue to build to more than 16 million cars per year, up from a recent record high of 15 million cars.

3) Stocks will end the year only slightly higher in 2013 than in 2012. Less than 10% returns are likely. Acquisitions will drive small cap stocks and we'll see a return of leveraged buy outs as cheap money and an improving economy encourage the obvious investments that need to be made by corporate executives.

4) Home sales will continue to rise as people go back to work, work on their balance sheets, repay debt, and realize that renting is a terrible proposition at the current price. Home sales will cross and sustain 5 million units per year.

5) Housing starts will reach and sustain a 900,000 annual rate, perhaps even 1 million annual starts per year, up from roughly 800k at present.

6) Hyperinflation will not happen.
    Last edited by Jordan; 12-10-2012 at 01:22 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Let's make some one year predictions about where the economy will be by December 31, 2013 - roughly one year from today.
    What is your prediction for the price of gold then on 12/31/13?

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    Are you a Realtor?
    No, I simply recognize the importance of real estate in American economic growth and decay.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    I don't try to predict things that I can't possibly predict.

No, I simply recognize the importance of real estate in American economic growth and decay.

You had no problem with employment rate....

Buy Bitcoins. They're 12 times more valuable than USD.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Not if the internet is quiesced. Then they are worth nothing.

Technology-dependent money is very risky stuff. May look great on paper, but when things go sour and that technology becomes unavailable even for relatively short periods, people vested in such money stand to find themselves in some warm and possibly very deep water.

The technologies that support bit coins will go <poof> well before conditions favoring gold and silver fail, so consider the order of your dominoes before committing.

Just a friendly reality check.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

So if I use US dollars by buy $100 worth of bit coins, I can use those coins to purchase $1200 worth of goods?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My prediction is that unemployment will rise. The improvements we've seen are false and a result of electioneering and Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You had no problem with employment rate....
    Which is vastly different than deciding what people will be willing to pay for a pretty yellow metal on some date in the future.

I was perfectly okay and could see your point of view on everything until you said this. You should have kept that one to yourself. Are you saying you're an insider who has all of the relevant information to predict the unemployment rate, new car sales, new house sales, and stocks as a whole but gold is something you "can't possibly predict?" Uh...color me skeptical.

lol

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post3251996
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It'll be about 1500 an ounce.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It'll be about 1500 an ounce.
    I am going to have to go much higher than that, probably , around 2 k , probably also about what it should be now, considering the worthless currency and a retarded fed govt that feels it must spend a trillion more than it takes in.

I will go with $1400 an ounce.

Prediction : Jordan will be banned before he's able to come back and examine his prophecies :P

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    Prediction : Jordan will be banned before he's able to come back and examine his prophecies :P
    Mind: Blown
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Maybe you are right, but here are mine , unemployment reaching 9% by July 4 , auto sales slightly lower through June, food costs inflate at a high level , Markets, lower , than now.

Lol keep firmly believing fantasy. Is it still raining sunshine and lollipops where you're at?
    I am the spoon.

Walnuts are more valuable than FRN's....

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Walnuts are more valuable than FRN's....
    And they grow on trees.....

Quote Originally Posted by cbc58 View Post
    Maybe we should invest in what this guy is smokin because it seems to make reality go away...
    Lol keep firmly believing fantasy. Is it still raining sunshine and lollipops where you're at?
    Flinging insults is cheap. Where are your predictions? I must have missed them.

JFK, keep the red rep flowing, man. Sad. Can't even make economic predictions in the forum...
    Last edited by Jordan; 12-11-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Flinging insults is cheap. Where are your predictions? I must have missed them.

JFK, keep the red rep flowing, man. Sad. Can't even make economic predictions in the forum...
    Even though your predictions are probably ridiculous, I must come to your defense on these points.

Guys, we're all supposed to be on the same side, and that side is supposed to be that of LIBERTY. Let the boy make his predictions and let you agree or disagree as you might, but let me add that civility should be one of our benchmarks of behavior. I will say nothing more about this.

OTOH, Jordan, you perhaps need to grow a little thicker hide. Neither of the statements you cited were "insults". Poking some sarcastic criticism in the direction of predictions that you made with nothing in the way of reasoning to back them up does not constitute insult. You opened yourself up to it, so man up and take the pain, if "pain" can even be said to apply in even the least measure.

We should not be at one another's throats. There are plenty of vicious adversaries "out there". What say we keep our focus.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Even though your predictions are probably ridiculous, I must come to your defense on these points.

Guys, we're all supposed to be on the same side, and that side is supposed to be that of LIBERTY. Let the boy make his predictions and let you agree or disagree as you might, but let me add that civility should be one of our benchmarks of behavior. I will say nothing more about this.

We should not be at one another's throats. There are plenty of vicious adversaries "out there". What say we keep our focus.
    Thanks osan, +rep!

I definitely disagree with Jordan, but I'm happy to see him and others sharing their opinion.

Our country seems to be on the verge of an economic disaster. I believe by Dec. 31, 2013 the dollar will be weaker (gold much stronger) and the government will have more power and be more intrusive. I am hoping Obama will not engage the U.S. in another war in the Middle East, but it is possible.

I would not be surprised if there is a veritable collapse with riots and the like within the next 10 years. Some of my liberty-minded friends predict it will be within the next year, but I am thinking and hoping not. I need about 2 years more to be ready.

And yes, maybe my view is a bit extreme, but better to be prepared for the worst than to have it take me by surprise.
    Last edited by BethanyGrace; 12-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

OTOH, Jordan, you perhaps need to grow a little thicker hide. Neither of the statements you cited were "insults". Poking some sarcastic criticism in the direction of predictions that you made with nothing in the way of reasoning to back them up does not constitute insult. You opened yourself up to it, so man up and take the pain, if "pain" can even be said to apply in even the least measure.

And he needs to stop trolling. How many threads has he started in the last two weeks?

Dollar Index at 62 (before deadline)
    Civil war in Egypt

Maybe we should invest in what this guy is smokin because it seems to make reality go away...

Dollar Index at 62 (before deadline)
    Massive strengthening in US dollar? What deadline?

We will not even see 12/31/12...that will be 10 days after the APOCOLYPSE!?!?!!!
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    We will not even see 12/31/12...that will be 10 days after the APOCOLYPSE!?!?!!!
    You may have the BEST point there.

rep for the WIN!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast