Thread: New York police fatally shoot man brandishing pellet gun

New York police fatally shoot man brandishing pellet gun

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two New York police detectives shot and killed a convicted felon who approached them and pointed a pellet gun as they handcuffed a suspect late on Saturday night, police said.

Police have not released the name of the man but said he was carrying a CP99 compressed air pistol, which resembles a Glock 19 semi-automatic handgun and is illegal in New York, chief New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said on Sunday.

Browne said the two plainclothes detectives were wearing police shields as they handcuffed a drug suspect in the borough of Queens when the man approached them.

The detectives fired six rounds, striking the man three times in the torso and leg. He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, Browne said.

Browne said the deceased, 42, had a record of 39 arrests - 35 of them in New York City and four in Miami, Florida - for assault, drugs, weapons possession and armed robbery.
    http://news.yahoo.com/york-police-fa...002824809.html
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    39 arrests including assault, drugs, weapons possession and armed robbery?

+1 NYPD on this one. Going to save NYC taxpayers a few clams by dusting this guy. Pointing a pellet gun that looks like a Glock 19 at two cops = Darwin Award.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Suicide by cop.

Not that it makes a difference, but the CP99 resembles a Walther P99, not a Glock 19.

Last edited by Expatriate; 12-09-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Yep pull a gun on a cop and you are likely to get shot.

Expected, I mean, you pull a gun on somebody what do you expect to happen? Instincts and training take over at that point.

Approach me late at night and point a gun at me and you can expect the same result. It doesn't really matter what type of gun it is.

Only difference is that I'd have a lot of explaining to do, unfortunately.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Approach me late at night and point a gun at me and you can expect the same result. It doesn't really matter what type of gun it is.

Only difference is that I'd have a lot of explaining to do, unfortunately.
    Yeah, same here...except all 13 .45 Speer Gold Dot +P 185gr hollow points would've hit his torso in my case, not his legs or across the street. Then I would've changed my magazine.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?