Thread: QE3 = $100 bills end-to-end at 53 MPH ??? *pinch me*

QE3 = $100 bills end-to-end at 53 MPH ??? *pinch me*

The ride is 95 feet tall and has a top speed of
    53 mph.
    So now enjoy your ride on Hydra The Revenge!

click
    SOUNDTRACK
    while you check my math

Given:

A dollar bill is 6.14 inches
    measured length wise
    and
    QE infinity dumps $40 Billion per MONTH into the economy.

If we line up $100 bills out $40 billion dollars, what distance have we travelled?

$40,000,000,000/$100

400,000,000 individual bills

400,000,000 * 6.14 inches of length in a dollar bill = 2456000000 inches

/12 (inches in a foot)

204666666.66 feet

/5280 (feet in a mile)

38,762 miles

Yes, thirty eight thousand, seven hundred sixty two miles of $100 bills end-to-end per month!

(A mere 24,901 miles is the circumference of the earth.)

And if we travel that far in one month's time how fast are we lining up $100 bills end-to-end in MPH?

/30 (days in a month)

1292 miles per day

/24 (hours in a day)

53 MPH

somebody please correct my math... tell my I'm wrong. This is beyond scary.

Keep him tied, it makes him well
    He's getting better, can't you tell?

No more can they keep us in
    Listen, damn it, we will win
    They see it right, they see it well
    But they think this saves us from our hell

#QE3 is printing $100 bills end-to-end at #53mph #fiscalcliff #debtcrisis #finance #Money #business

#QE3 is spending $100 bills end-to-end at #53mph #fiscalcliff #debtcrisis #finance #Money #business

...and if any of the other heads were severed
    another would grow in its place...

Now go press play on the POV! I suggest fullscreen to truly enjoy the experience. Might want to leave a comment on the youtube!
    Last edited by presence; 12-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your math is correct.

How about this one:

Using $1 bills laid end to end, in one month you would make a little over EIGHT round trips to and from the moon. (using a distance of 238,900 miles)

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

//
    Last edited by presence; 12-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

If it makes you feel any better, according to Trader Dan, the Fed didn't really start QE3 when they first announced it:

Quote Originally Posted by Nov. 10
    As you all know by now, the Federal Reserve boldly announced plans "to boldly go where no man has gone before" and purchase each and every month, the tidy sum of $40 BILLION in US Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS ) to "aid the recovery". This was supposed to begin in September of this year and continue on out as far as the eye can see, into infinity, as my friend Jim Sinclair has stated, or until economic conditions warrant a cessation of the program.

Here is the problem however. I have been closely monitoring the balance sheet of the Fed each and every week and I simply do not see it! Take a look at the following chart I have constructed of the overall balance sheet but detailing also the sum of mortgage backed securities contained therein.

Can you see how both lines have basically flatlined since the cessation of QE2 last year? Does anyone out there see a climbing MBS line on this chart especially to the tune of $40 billion higher each month? I sure don't!
    More (incl. chart): http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com...heres-qe3.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nov. 15
    After questioning last week where the Fed's QE3 had gone, it seems as if we got an answer this week. This afternoon's report on the Fed Balance Sheet shows a sharp increase in Mortgage-Backed Securities holdings on their Balance Sheet, $37 Billion to be exact.
    More: http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com...-mbs-debt.html

If it makes you feel any worse, the Fed is likely to announce in just a couple of days the effective doubling of QE stimulous from the current $40B in mortgage backed securities to ~$85B in MBS and Treasuries:

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f4/qe3-lo...html#post16532
    Last edited by Bern; 12-10-2012 at 06:54 AM.

At the new pace of QE, this number will shoot to 82,369 miles of $100 bills (per month). What I want to know is, where is my bailout.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    At the new pace of QE, this number will shoot to 82,369 miles of $100 bills (per month). What I want to know is, where is my bailout.
    Wherever you choose, I guess.