Thread: Protecting value

LibForestPaul

Protecting value

How does one protect their time*work from being stolen through massive inflation, taxes, graft, and manipulation.
    Commodities
    Cash. Fiat currency is bad choice, since its value always goes down.
    Real estate. Real estate(home) is poor choice. It is not owned, it is heavily taxed, it is not liquid, and it can not be hidden or carried.
    Treasury bonds?
    Municipal bonds. Is a poor choice. ?
    Corporate bonds?
    Gold. Is a fair choice. It is used by the central banks. And historical has been used as a store of value. It can easily be transported, hidden, and is dense store of value.
    Silver. Is a acceptable choice. Not used by central banks. Has industrial usages. Easily transported, but not a dense store of value.
    Diamonds. Is a poor choice. Serial numbered now. Massive regulations. I actually believe this was directed at those at the top, to keep them in line. Not free market (Debeers). Very dense store of value. Has been used in less than noble ways and its image is tarnished.
    Corporate stocks.
    Dividend paying stocks.
    Dividend utility stocks.
    Foreign stocks.
    Commodities?
    Collectibles. Poor. Plenty images during downtimes of people trying to hawk collectibles. Very dense store of value. Insurance. Declared. Not hidden.

Feel free to add and answer.
    Note, only asking protecting value. passive growth of value I still see as home business and skill building (define for yourself)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Storing value? I'd go with gold and silver. Real estate if you already have it. (personally, I think the bubble is still inflated and when interest rates rise, it will be hard to sell.)

But most people want to increase their wealth, not just store it. That's where it gets tricky. I'm sure there are options, but they're hard to find. Even if you have a sound investment, it will pay you back in dollars of reduced value. So you have to make enough to overcome the loss of value.

In a weird way, a sound investment may actually be borrowing money now at low interest rates and paying it back in the future with dollars that are worth less. But just make sure you use that money to buy things you need and plan on having for a long time.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire