Thread: Deck the Halls with Macro Follies

Deck the Halls with Macro Follies

I haven't seen this here. I needed to share! Enjoy!

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hilarious. "Hark, I hear a fallacy ..." (That one's my favorite.)

I just found it over at Bob Murphy's blog: http://consultingbyrpm.com/blog/2012...ries-foul.html

And apparently, some people are not happy with it: http://consultingbyrpm.com/blog/2012...el-of-ink.html
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-09-2012 at 05:13 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I'm glad you liked that. It didn't get many views when I posted it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

VINYL! it's on vinyl! not cd.. love that!
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Funny video.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 12-09-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Details are really good... (Hair of the Dog is a cup of milk. lol) (name on the credit card is Ima Lottadet) (and I think Santa is supposed to be Bernanke. Hilarious)
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 12-09-2012 at 01:11 PM.

lol
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    (and I think Santa is supposed to be Bernanke. Hilarious)
    It is. It's the same guy who played Bernanke in the two Hayek vs. Keynes rap videos (which were also created by John Papola & EconStories - the same people who made this one).
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Details are really good... (Hair of the Dog is a cup of milk. lol) (name on the credit card is Ima Lottadet) (and I think Santa is supposed to be Bernanke. Hilarious)
    Did you notice the hayekian triangle ornament during his song?
    E che sospiri la libertà!

It sounds like Tony Bennett singing Hayeks part