Thread: Ron Paul: Fiscal Cliff is "Nonsense"; We Will See "11th Hour Compromise"

Ron Paul: Fiscal Cliff is "Nonsense"; We Will See "11th Hour Compromise"

By Swagato Chakravorty
    Thursday, December 6th, 2012

Congressman Ron Paul asserts that the hoopla over the ‘fiscal cliff’ is just that and nothing more.

Bob Adelmann from the New American quotes Mr. Paul:

“The hysteria surrounding the January 1 deadline for the Budget Control Act’s spending cuts and expiration of the Bush tax cuts seems all too familiar. Even the language is predictably hysterical: if government reduces planned spending increases by even a tiny amount, the economy will go over a “fiscal cliff.” This is nonsense.”

Whether or not the fraught contest is, as he calls it, “another congressionally-manufactured crisis which will likely end in yet another 11th hour compromise,” matters in D.C. are getting serious.

In a quick exchange over the past few weeks, House Speaker Boehner countered an earlier Presidential plan with one put forward by the Republicans.

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/...-nonsense/3822

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“The hysteria surrounding the January 1 deadline for the Budget Control Act’s spending cuts and expiration of the Bush tax cuts seems all too familiar. Even the language is predictably hysterical: if government reduces planned spending increases by even a tiny amount, the economy will go over a “fiscal cliff.” This is nonsense.”

...“another congressionally-manufactured crisis which will likely end in yet another 11th hour compromise,”
    It true. I'm sick of it. What ever happened to "No drama Obama?" It's been one frickin' drama, crisis, scandal, and appalling criminal act after another with this chick.

And like Lew said, "When the GOP had the majority, why didn't they make the tax cuts permanent?" They must like the drama too. Then they get all this attention, and everyone is talking about them. Especially the press, who clutch their pearls and fan away the vapors with their hankies.

It's a boring show, and it should be cancelled.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I think the fiscal cliff is a lie anyway.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I'll be darned if I'm gonna let a haggle of corrupt politicians ruin my holidays. I'm with Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I think the fiscal cliff is a lie anyway.
    Elucidate please

"Soap Opera", stay tuned...

The media loves drama. If it weren't for wars, political cliff-hangers, economic strife, and inflated fears from boogeymen, how would they get you to tune in?

All this stuff sells papers and commericials. Their interests lie in mayhem. And mayhem you will get, dammit!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suspect the drama is to make us all think the sky will fall IF WE WERE TO ACTUALLY CUT SPENDING, when the truth is cutting spending would speed our recovery. Because of the public alarm, they will INCREASE SPENDING, and the dumb masses will breathe an unfounded sigh of relief.