Thread: Roll Call article says Rand has changed stance on Israel aid

Roll Call article says Rand has changed stance on Israel aid

I don't think Rand says anything in this article that he hasn't advocated before, that we should cut foreign aid and start with the countries that are hostile to us. I think the general thrust of this article is false, especially the first sentence, agree?

Paul Softens Opposition on Israel Foreign Aid

By Jonathan Broder
    Roll Call Staff
    Dec. 6, 2012, 11:37 a.m.

Sen. Rand Paul, an outspoken opponent of all foreign aid, is ready to make an exception for Israel.

The freshman Kentucky Republican, who is considering a 2016 presidential run, still says the United States should reduce its spending by cutting foreign assistance to countries such as Egypt and Libya, where U.S. diplomatic missions have been attacked. He also wants to halt aid to Pakistan until it releases from jail a local doctor who helped U.S. forces in the operation that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

But Paul has changed his tune on aid to Israel, which he once said should not be spared from his call for an end to foreign aid.

“What I’ve said is that we can’t continue to spend a trillion dollars we don’t have, so we have to look everywhere for cuts, and foreign aid is one of those areas,” he said Tuesday. “Within foreign aid, I would start with cutting those who don’t appear to be our allies. The one thing you can say about Israel is there doesn’t seem to be any mobs burning our flag there.”

read more:
    http://www.rollcall.com/news/paul_so...-219765-1.html
    Last edited by jct74; 12-06-2012 at 09:21 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, I agree with you. In this interview it actually sounds like he's advocating ending all foreign aid eventually, including to Israel.

“Within foreign aid, I would start with cutting those who don’t appear to be our allies.

The key words there are "I would start," meaning that he would eventually want to end all foreign aid.

If people THINK Rand is giving Israel the exception (but in reality he is not), then I am not against that. =)...

Then when he gets elected.. BAM.. no more aid to anyone. boo hoo. they gonna impeach president rand paul? lol

He wants Sheldon Adelson's $$$

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Social-Liberal

it would be quite a coup if he could trick old Sheldon into supporting him.