Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand hate on HuffPo

Rand hate on HuffPo

woah! there's lots of hate for Rand Paul on Huffingtonpost:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2245171.html

hundreds of comments, just blind irrational hate..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Isn't it awesome???

They're calling his election a "fluke." ROFL

When progs encounter a real constitutional conservative, they recoil in horror.

Remember, the more liberals we see hating on Rand, the more conservatives will come out in support for him, which can only be good for any 2016 presidential run. There are a lot of guys around who just love to do the opposite of the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Nah, I don't think that's it at all.

I think Rand became the face of the Tea Party and they are supposed to hate everything the Tea Party is all about. At least the way they understand it. Throw in Rachel Maddow and the vitriol she spewed at Paul, and you have the makings of Rand Paul, the devil.

They don't know any better. They are just following their instincts.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

No, they don't. They've just been programmed to despise anyone who ever uses the sort of language that is used on Fox. That's why the hard part for us isn't general elections, it's Republican primaries. Rand Paul is skating that line. He talks is a way calculated to soothe Republicans. That doesn't mean we couldn't get him a general election. Just means he knows we won't get that chance unless and until he wins the primary.

This is nothing but divide and conquer. It's the same old divide and conquer strategy they've been using for over thirty years, now. We do need to deal with it, but I don't know if HuffPo is the best place to do it. They used to believe in free speech, but they'll censor us in a heartbeat these days. Seems we did too well with our Blue Republican drive to suit them.

We have a balancing act to pull off in the next four years. We must keep our hands in and continue to help liberals understand why Constitutional conservatism is just the thing to cure us of the Washington, D.C. ills, whether they're willing to support the same on the state and local level or not. But at the same time, the perfect strategy would be to encourage them to hate Rand up until he wins the nomination, as that could help him get the nomination, then sell him to everybody between the primaries and the general election (just as compromise noted). The Powers That Be know this; that's likely why they're trying to shorten the time between the primaries and November. They want to rob us of that critical period of time.

Either that, or we can bust this false left/right paradigm, which is central to their divide and conquer strategy, wide open. That would be doing it the hard way, but it would be a more permanent fix to the problems that plague this nation.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-05-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

I think Rand became the face of the Tea Party and they are supposed to hate everything the Tea Party is all about. At least the way they understand it. Throw in Rachel Maddow and the vitriol she spewed at Paul, and you have the makings of Rand Paul, the devil.

They don't know any better. They are just following their instincts.
    Rand is a politician who wants to cut their precious entitllement system. That's where all this vitriol is coming from. These are material based voters largely.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is a politician who wants to cut their precious entitllement system. That's where all this vitriol si coming from.
    They can't be talked completely out of entitlement systems, but they can be made to see that the federal government is the least trustworthy body to administer such a thing. That's our key to winning general elections. That's the message we have to make universal, if we can.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Rand Paul can net blue dogs democrats and union workers in the midwest, but the ideologues on Huff Post are a lost cause. This is Obama's army. They will gleefuly go down with the ship.

Rand Paul can net blue dogs democrats and union workers in the midwest, but the ideologues on Huff Post are a lost cause. This is Obama's army. They will gleefuly go down with the ship.
    Well, when their shilling becomes obvious enough they lose any audience with brains and open minds they ever had. Eventually. Until then, however, we need to reach people wherever we find them, and can get past the censors to reach them.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death I fear no evil. But when I can't get comments posted any more, I stop wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Pretty much, it's Red Oni/Blue Oni...

That said, I had been seeing a lot of buzz about Ashley Judd lately in the comments at huff post, so it's not surprising. Rand obviously knew what buttons to press.

Truth ^ In fact im sure some even have brain aneurysms at the mere though of a sliver of freedom.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Truth ^ In fact im sure some even have brain aneurysms at the mere though of a sliver of freedom.
    No. But suggesting that they are that way about liberty could be good psychology for us to use on them.

Judd is a progressive hero type who champions issues of world health..

I was just going to post about the obscene amount of Rand Paul bashing going on all over the news today. McCain utters one sentence and now everybody is saying that Rand is grandstanding? He constantly has to force the Senate to say, "Oh, and I guess the Constitution thingy is still sort of a factor." How is reinstating due process grandstanding? WTF! WTF! WTF! /rant off
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I have a strange suspicion Ashley has no problem with partial birth abortion procedures. This will be easy pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    I was just going to post about the obscene amount of Rand Paul bashing going on all over the news today. McCain utters one sentence and now everybody is saying that Rand is grandstanding? He constantly has to force the Senate to say, "Oh, and I guess the Constitution thingy is still sort of a factor." How is reinstating due process grandstanding? WTF! WTF! WTF! /rant off
    This is just the start, wait until he actually runs. A principled conservative? The media will go nuts and demonize him 24/7

mmm, kind of disheartening reading all of that. Is there no one out there getting his back or is Huff not allowing those comments?

I can't really put into words, how little I care about commenters' at Huffington Post opinions of Rand Paul.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I can't really put into words, how little I care about commenters' at Huffington Post opinions of Rand Paul.
    I can. $#@! 'EM!

Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Time for the real adults to have the conversation.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Keep in mind these are the type of people that think Elizabeth Warren is a viable presidential candidate.

I was just reading an article on their site about Ron calling the political parties dinosaurs and one of the mods said that Ron was so old that he was a dinosaur and they needed carbon dating to age him, just to put things in perspective. After reading about libtards this, and Ron's missing teeth(?) I couldn't take it anymore and quickly came back here. The man accomplishes that much throughout his life and all you can think of to say is that he is a toothless dinosaur? These people actually went to the politics section to post THAT?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have a strange suspicion Ashley has no problem with partial birth abortion procedures. This will be easy pickings.
    She has no problem with posing naked in playboy and in various movies as well.

This is the wrong attitude to have, we need to win these people over by being respectful and kind and focusing on things like civil liberties. You guys are being reactive and we need to be proactive to win.

I also read that she (Ashley) spent 47 days in a psychiatric facility. I don't like the stigma surrounding mental illness and I wouldn't have a problem voting for someone who admitted suffering from depression. 47 days is a long time to be hospitalized, though.

Divorce these people.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by RandRevolution View Post
    This is the wrong attitude to have, we need to win these people over by being respectful and kind and focusing on things like civil liberties. You guys are being reactive and we need to be proactive to win.
    These people will never vote for anyone who believes in limited government, ever. It isn't just Rand they hate. Go read their comments in the articles about Ron. The comments about Ron are horrendous and sickening. These people have no respect for Ron either, even though they claim to be opposed to war. The fact is that neither Ron or Rand will ever be able to win over blatantly partisan liberal Democrats. Ron or Rand can possibly win over more independent minded liberals like Alan Colmes or Glenn Greenwald, but they'll never win over the outright partisan Democrats. However, it isn't necessary to get support from those people in order to win. You just need to win over Republicans, independents, non partisan liberals, and blue dog Democrats.

That's a self fulfilling prophecy, these people are going to be reallly pissed off when Obama attacks Iran, goes into Syria and censors the internet. We should try to win them over on war and liberties

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast