Thread: IEA-NEA VS BROKE STATE

IEA-NEA VS BROKE STATE

Something that will make you guys giggle, when the all the state/muni bonds go kaboom, i can't wait to see my colleagues faces.
    IEA-NEA

December 5, 2012
    TO: XXXXXXXXXX

RE: IMPENDING PENSION ACTION

Hello everyone:
    As you are aware by now, it appears that the Legislature will attempt some sort of pension reform during the lame duck session in Springfield during January 2-9, 2013. This is extremely dangerous since lame duck sessions are notorious for producing damaging legislation because outgoing legislators don’t have the fear of not being re-elected hanging over them. (This link is to a story containing more information: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-pension-debt).
    It appears from reports (http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x115...on-plan?zc_p=0) that the proposed pension solution will be unconstitutional. IEA and the We Are One coalition are planning a series of rallies in Springfield in an attempt to stop damaging legislation from passing. IEA’s participation in the Pension Preservation rallies will be XXXXXXX, January XXXX and XXXXXXX, January XXX.
    Region XXX and Region XXX are looking to jointly attend the January XX Rally. We will share a bus leaving from the XXXXXX office. Below is the schedule set by IEA for that day:
    The schedule for January XXXX, XXXX, 2013
    · 9:30am – 11am Buses arrive at IEA Headquarters.
    · 10am – Noon Legislative Appointments
    · Noon – 1pm Rally in rotunda. Due to space limits, some members might be asked to observe the rally from the 2nd or 3rd floors. IMPORTANT: If the Statehouse reaches maximum capacity, the state police might order that no one else be admitted. A crowd exceeding capacity sends the right message to lawmakers. Be sure to dress warmly, should you end up outside.
    · 1pm – 4 pm Face-to-face lobbying opportunity (3rd floor of the Capitol).
    I am also organizing a postcard/phone call blitz on our legislators to send the message that we won’t tolerate damaging pension reform. More details are coming as IEA continues to create its strategy based on what is coming from the capitol.
    Check the IEA website under the pensions link for continuously updated information. Also, if you have not done so, please create a login at the IEA website so you can access Members Only information as well.
    Please pass this information to your membership. Please start gathering the names of people who will attend the January XXX Rally so we can get the appropriate number of busses.
    Please be prepared to take action. Your future is at stake.
    Respectfully,
    XXXXXXXXX
    Last edited by psi2941; 12-05-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.