Thread: Looking to move to S.C. need help

Looking to move to S.C. need help

It would appears as if my Fiance' is potentially relocating to S.C. That said, where are some pro-liberty or at least Republican strong holds we could take over. Preferably it would be within an hour of Columbia so I can get involved with the state chapter of C4L.

Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you have an idea what city yall are moving to? We may be a small state, but it still takes about 4 hours to drive from one corner to the other.

I don't know you but if you are a religious extremist, you should contact the Christian exodus project. Some extremely religious people heard about the free state project and decided they wanted to make biblical codes law in a state. They selected SC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Exodus
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

If you get here before March, dont forget to be involved in Precinct Reorganisation.

http://rlcsc.org/rebuilding/

Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep you updated if the situation presents itself. Keep up the work in S.C. I've heard they have an excellent state C4L program.

Oh, and I heard Lee Bright might primary Graham. That would be awesome.

Look up a guy on FB named Talbert Black Jr, he is the liberty guy in SC.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I've met him a few times. He's rocking and rolling down there.

My uncle lives in Greenville, and loves it. Still lots of work to be done there liberty-wise, but there is a presence there, and the city has a North Carolina mountain feel, essentially Asheville south (literally less than an hour south).

Much of the rest of the state is very rural that I've seen.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

You are right. I live about 45 minutes south of Greenville and there is nothing between here and there.

In Beaufort there is Tom Davis who supported Ron Paul's presidency.

Come on man...are you really that eager to move to the state whose citizens were dumb enough to elect Lindsey Graham? and nominate Gingrich?

SC has got a state income tax too.

Florida elected Marco Rubio, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and Alan Grayson. They nominated Romney, and they elected Charlie Crist and Rick Scott.

Is Florida's Delegation the Wackiest?
    By KATE NOCERA | 10/23/12 11:59 PM EST

Scandal-plagued politicians, partisan firebrands and sequined hats: The Sunshine State has it all.

Is Florida — already the center of the political universe — home to the wackiest congressional delegation?

Consider the evidence:

Tea party favorite Rep. Allen West called Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz “vile” and questioned whether she is a real “lady.” Republican Rep. David Rivera is under investigation for funding a shadow opponent in the Democratic primary. GOP Rep. Vern Buchanan has been dealing with allegations about illegal campaign donations for years. Rep. Bill Posey introduced a so-called birther bill as soon as he got to Congress in 2009. And Democratic Rep. Alcee Hastings is regularly reelected — even though as a federal judge, he was impeached by Congress for bribery and perjury.

On the brighter side, it’s also home to Rep. Frederica Wilson, a South Florida Democrat who lights up the halls of Congress with her bedazzled hat collection.

And Republican Ted Yoho, a large-animal veterinarian with no political experience, and Democrat Alan Grayson, a former lawmaker known for his over-the-top political rhetoric, are positioned to win their respective elections and join the Floridians on the Hill next year. read more
    Are you seriously harping on SC?

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Come on man...are you really that eager to move to the state whose citizens were dumb enough to elect Lindsey Graham? and nominate Gingrich?

SC has got a state income tax too.
    Like the above poster said about glass houses and throwing stones, but the OP said his fiancee is potentially getting relocated there, so how about not putting down people who live in the vast majority of the US that isn't very liberty friendly. We can't all just drop our lives and move to NH, and there's work to be done everywhere.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

I know it's not near Columbia sadly, but the Lowcountry is a bastion of limited government conservatism comparatively speaking.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It appears that I’ll be moving to Charleston soon. Any liberty minded folks there up for a beer?

I mostly just drink with establishment republicans in areas with few democrats if it is in public. They are about the only ones that will not expect you to pick up the tab or take the tip off the table for bad service when you go to the bathroom and pocket it .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-02-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by JGrigsby View Post
    It appears that I’ll be moving to Charleston soon. Any liberty minded folks there up for a beer?
    Theres liberty minded people everywhere. You just have to know where they look. If you're referring to people on this site that live there, I had no idea.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge