Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prominent Evangelical David Lane to Take Rand Paul To Israel

"Evangelicals are the most ardent supporters of Israel and are extremely important in the GOP Primary process. "

They are? Then what's Mitt Romney and John McCain doing being that party's nominee?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    "Evangelicals are the most ardent supporters of Israel and are extremely important in the GOP Primary process. "

They are? Then what's Mitt Romney and John McCain doing being that party's nominee?
    You could use that argument the other way... Evangelicals certainly didn't support McCain or Romney so they could say that's why both lost.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Well, there it is. I'm completely and utterly washing my hands of this Judas. Tis a sad, sad day.
    What I read said he was visiting with more than the Israeli government. If he was just going over to kiss Israeli ass, I would be concerned, but that is not what I read.

Don't you think you may be jumping to conclusions just a bit?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    What I read said he was visiting with more than the Israeli government. If he was just going over to kiss Israeli ass, I would be concerned, but that is not what I read.

Don't you think you may be jumping to conclusions just a bit?
    Paired with his initial votes for, and votes for additional sactions on Iran, no I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Does it actually change any policy? Is there any tangible legal effect that results in this visit? No, of course not.

Sheesh, people around here need to learn the difference between rhetoric/posturing and actual policy
    Do you have any inside information as to why Rand continues to vote in favor of sanctions on Iran?

Paired with his initial votes for, and votes for additional sactions on Iran, no I do not.
    It's not just Israelis that want sanctions on Iran. Most of the Arab states besides Syria and Iraq want them. I don't like the sanctions but I also don't think it's correct to think that we wouldn't have them if it weren't for Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    It's not just Israelis that want sanctions on Iran. Most of the Arab states besides Syria and Iraq want them. I don't like the sanctions but I also don't think it's correct to think that we wouldn't have them if it weren't for Israel.
    Oh yea, the other shia monarchies in the middle east want sanctions on Iran. Remember, the arab league is exclusively made up of monarchies/dictatorships

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Oh yea, the other shia monarchies in the middle east want sanctions on Iran. Remember, the arab league is exclusively made up of monarchies/dictatorships
    I don't disagree. My point was simply that our policies in the Middle East are not just about protecting Israel. You get the impression from some people that everything would be wonderful in the Middle East and with our foreign policy were it not for Israel. It's not true, it's an oversimplification and it can leave people with the impression that noninterventionism is somehow just about anti-Semitism.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Do you have any inside information as to why Rand continues to vote in favor of sanctions on Iran?
    As a matter of fact I do -

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...light=epiphany
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I don't think these new sanctions are just against Iran's central bank.

This is very good. Those of you criticizing Rand need to calm down. Rand is a very principled person that knows how to play the game. That is the only way we can win.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post

They both went to Israel and are pro-Zionist tools.

Rand does 100 things that shows he's pro-liberty, believes in small government etc. = meh

Rand does 1 or 2 things that people disagree with = OMG HE'S THE JUDAS!!!! I WILL NOT VOTE FOR HIM NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul25 View Post
    This is very good. Those of you criticizing Rand need to calm down. Rand is a very principled person that knows how to play the game. That is the only way we can win.
    If he's so principled, why is he 'playing the game' on the Iran sanctions/endorsing Romney while his father is still running/etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    Him visiting Israel doesn't bother me. He can visit North Korea for all I care. But pandering pisses me off.
    Voting to destroy my liberty pisses me off. Pandering ... not really.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Who's sending Rand an email on this request?
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    leave it to a comment exposing the reptilian agenda to bring the rpf admin out of hiding.
    I suspect this may be a diversionary tactic.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

If he's so principled, why is he 'playing the game' on the Iran sanctions/endorsing Romney while his father is still running/etc...?
    His father was not still running.

So he can actually win in 2016. Playing the game isn't a bad thing as long as he knows where to draw the line, which he clearly does given his amazing voting record. He was raised by Ron Paul all of people, deep down he's a die hard libertarian, he's just taking a highly calculated path to victory in 2016.

This trip to Israel is another genius move by Rand that ensures the opposition has no ammo to use in against him in 2016 and to ensure that he appeals as many republican voters as possible without compromising his principles. If he were going to Israel to discuss sending more foreign aid and bombing Iran that would be one thing but he isn't. Yes the recent sanctions vote was bad, but it was clearly a well thought out strategic move, and it doesn't invalidate all the other great things he's done.

There's no way Ron didn't know that Rand was going to endorse Romney, and Ron was remaining intentionally silent throughout that period for a reason. The two have most definitely discussed his strategy in depth together a number of times.

How many times do I have to link to articles, pro and con, that destroy this "oh it's only on their central bank" pablum (as if that would be okay, somehow)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Hello, RandRevolution, welcome to the forums! Where are you from? How did you find us/get involved? (just curious)

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Playing the game isn't necessarily an unprincipled thing to do. Selling principles for fame or money would be an example of unprincipled. Rand is playing politics in order to advance his principled agenda. Being diplomatic or playing politics aren't inherently evil things, but they can be done in evil ways, or used to advance an evil agenda.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 11-30-2012 at 05:59 PM.

endorsing Romney while his father is still running/etc...?
    Would people stop with this? Ron Paul was done, if not "officially" out when Rand Paul made that endorsement. Are people really going to quibble over that endorsement when Ron Paul's campaign was in zombie mode, existing almost no where outside this website and DailyPaul.com? You'd think he endorsed the night before the Iowa caucus the way people go on about "Ron was still in it!"

Yet, despite this alleged huge betrayal, Ron Paul never once complained, and one imagines he'll happily be supporting Rand Paul in 2016 if he's still around.

Play the game Rand, but I'm going to have a tough time supporting you in the future if I see a picture of you splattered over fox news wearing a kippah and chilling at the western wall.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is interesting. Sounds like Lane may be looking for a horse to run against the establishment. Apparently he's not a fan of them either.

There Is A Brutal Civil War In The GOP, And It Looks Like Karl Rove Will Be The First Casualty

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/karl-...#ixzz2DlFx7XYW

Chief among Rove's critics is David Lane, a powerful evangelical kingmaker and conservative operative who organizes briefings between pastors and politicians. In an email obtained by Business Insider, Lane lays out his criticism of Rove and sets the stage clearly for the coming war between the GOP Establishment and the party base.

Lane writes:

Karl Rove presents a different problem -- while [evangelical leaders] are politically naive (from my angle) — Karl is not, he's as shrewd as a serpent.

Karl is far more formidable...in the presidential Republican primary in 12', Karl stepped on Rick Perry and then Newt Gingrich every chance he got — albeit with deceit and sophistication — and elevated Mitt Romney at strategic, crucial points along their way to the Republican nomination — Rove's candidate.

As an example of how sophisticated Rove is…Karl Rove was out raising money to keep Santorum alive until they could kill Newt — Santorum basically ran for Governor of Iowa in 2011, visiting all 99 counties; Santorum, out of Iowa, had no organization, no money and no chance in 2012 to be the Republican nominee; he was only a stalking horse for Mitt Romney — Rove kept Santorum alive until he could kill Rick Perry first, and then Newt Gingrich.

It's instructive to note that Santorum placed 3rd in the South Carolina Presidential Primary the third week of January, and placed 3rd again the next week in Florida — yet Rove [by encouraging GOP donors to donate Santorum] was able to parlay two third place finishes into a $1M shot of money to keep Santorum alive...this is political gamesmanship on a whole other level, plus access to unlimited money.

That FOX News and the The Wall Street Journal worked out a hefty financial contract with Karl Rove is of no concern to me, Karl has every right to be paid well and — like me —participate in the political process. But giving Karl Rove the perch as a neutral analyst and an unbiased observer -- honest broker — when in reality Karl is driven by his desire to enhance his clients and/or personal interests — corrupts the process.

Being whipsawed…[by] Karl Rove & the GOP chieftains and lieutenants has to be dealt with on our way toward 2016.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/karl-...#ixzz2DlEUUwjs
    Last edited by PatriotOne; 11-30-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Play the game Rand, but I'm going to have a tough time supporting you in the future if I see a picture of you splattered over fox news wearing a kippah and chilling at the western wall.
    I went to Mexico and saw all kinds of touristy things. Doesn't mean I support illegal immigration.....lol.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-30-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I went to Mexico and saw a donkey show, doesn't mean I... oh nevermind.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    I went to Mexico and saw all kinds of touristy things. Doesn't mean I support illegal immigration.....lol.
    Did you get diarrhea? Tourists get that often.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    OMG JUDAS! How dare you pander, you panderer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast