Thread: The Syrian Sniper

The Syrian Sniper

He calls himself the "Moscow Sniper" having 76 kills confirmed and stopped counting afterwards. Still alive and fighting against Assad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-Law-film.html
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lets all hope the little bastard is caught and skinned alive. Killing people trying to defend their country against foreign invasion is not something I condone.

Interesting story. Easy claim to make on the part of the individual. I do question the part about taking out three separate tank drivers through the slits. The Syrian army uses Soviet T-62, 64, & 72, all of which seem to have periscopes. The author may have just misunderstood the comments through the interpreter and the individual was referring to some other model of armour such as an APC or scout vehicle.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Lets all hope the little bastard is caught and skinned alive. Killing people trying to defend their country against foreign invasion is not something I condone.
    Umm, this guy is Syrian...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilluxe View Post
    Umm, this guy is Syrian...
    I never said he wasn't Syria. He lives in Aleppo, one of the pro govt City the Rebels decimated and killed thousands but the point is that he is helping outsiders take over Syria. You gonna ask your self who is playing defense and who is the attacker.

If all goes as planned Al Qaeda will take over another outpost and kill more Americans as they did in Libya. I still haven't figured out yet why Obama left our ambassador out to dry.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I never said he wasn't Syria. He lives in Aleppo, one of the pro govt City the Rebels decimated and killed thousands but the point is that he is helping outsiders take over Syria. You gonna ask your self who is playing defense and who is the attacker.
    Well the concept is very murky as Assad is shelling and bombing civilians and people must choose a side. Its a civil war, right and wrong have no clear distinction between the factions, as both claims righteousness.

Well the concept is very murky as Assad is shelling and bombing civilians and people must choose a side. Its a civil war, right and wrong have no clear distinction between the factions, as both claims righteousness.
    Stop me when you've heard this before....

Saddam Hussein is killing his own people, therefore we must intervene on the side of Shiite Islamists.....

Moyamar Ghaddafi is killing his own people, therefore we must intervene on the side of Sunni Islamists....

Assad is killing his own people, therefore we must intervene on the side of Sunni Islamists......

And ya, I know you haven't advocated intervention. But the NWO propaganda arm that commissioned the story in the OP is. It's written to "humanize" the opposition so that we'll feel sorry for them if/when they get their butt handed to them by Assad.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Stop me when you've heard this before....

Saddam Hussein is killing his own people, therefore we must intervene on the side of Shiite Islamists.....

Moyamar Ghaddafi is killing his own people, therefore we must intervene on the side of Sunni Islamists....

Assad is killing his own people, therefore we must intervene on the side of Sunni Islamists......

And ya, I know you haven't advocated intervention. But the NWO propaganda arm that commissioned the story in the OP is. It's written to "humanize" the opposition so that we'll feel sorry for them if/when they get their butt handed to them by Assad.
    I know there are people trying to take advantage of these movements, however, a lot of people there are tired of the what is happening and I would like to ask you what would you do if you were in that situation?

"Stop me when you've heard this before....

And ya, I know you haven't advocated intervention. But the NWO propaganda arm that commissioned the story in the OP is. It's written to "humanize" the opposition so that we'll feel sorry for them if/when they get their butt handed to them by Assad. "

Exactly. The deception playbook is the same here.

Holy $#@! idiots can't wrap their minds around the fact that some people are just rebelling because they don't like living in a brutal dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Holy $#@! idiots can't wrap their minds around the fact that some people are just rebelling because they don't like living in a brutal dictatorship.
    and who is supplying those rebels , and who trained their " leaders " and who wrote their mission statement , mizz clittin, again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    and who is supplying those rebels , and who trained their " leaders " and who wrote their mission statement , mizz clittin, again ?
    Yup, also its not that there are no real rebels but whatever real rebel that exist is dwarfed by foreign fighters, foreign weapon and western promoted outside leaders. Once the govt falls, those true rebels will be pushed aside and the puppets will be installed. There are times when a people have to come together regardless of their differences and in my book, that is when you are facing outside invasion.

Some "idiots" can't wrap their minds around the fact that some people who are just "rebelling because they don't like living in a brutal dictatorship" get co-opted into creating an even more brutal dictatorship. I don't care one way or another what happens with this sniper. I do care that our government is interfering and I'm concerned as to what the result of that interference may be. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. This is like, what, the 100th time already?

I know there are people trying to take advantage of these movements, however, a lot of people there are tired of the what is happening and I would like to ask you what would you do if you were in that situation?
    That's just it. I'm not in that situation. It's none of my business. But if I was in that situation, I wouldn't be throwing in my lot with Al Qaeda linked Islamists. I wouldn't want my country to go the way of Libya.

Edit: And why is there this fetish with propagating obvious propaganda just because there's an "evil dictator" involved?

Last edited by jmdrake; 12-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Some "idiots" can't wrap their minds around the fact that some people who are just "rebelling because they don't like living in a brutal dictatorship" get co-opted into creating an even more brutal dictatorship. I don't care one way or another what happens with this sniper. I do care that our government is interfering and I'm concerned as to what the result of that interference may be. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. This is like, what, the 100th time already?
    I think this effectively ends this conversation.

It's really not that hard to understand. I'll make it real simple.. the United States government/C.I.A. does not give two $#@!s about Syrian rebels who've been oppressed. There is an ulterior motive that will be uncovered. There always is. Oh, and for those that haven't heard, this isn't the first time we've been dicking around in Syria. We had plots to overthrow their government in the forties and fifties when they wanted to be self dependent and not take our foreign aid. (Presumably to have troops stationed there)

When demonstrations led to the resignation of the prime minister, the U.S. assistant military attaché, who was in reality a CIA officer, began to meet with the Syrian chief of staff, Husni Zaim, to plan a coup. Soon after, Zaim “requested U.S. agents provoke and abet internal disturbances which ‘essential for coup d'etat' or that U.S. funds be given him this purpose.”-© U.S. Foreign Policy in Perspective: Clients, Enemies, and Empire, 2009
    Here's a good site to start with: http://us-foreign-policy-perspective...dex.php?id=323

Also, Killing Hope: U.S. Military and C.I.A. Interventions Since World War II by William Blum is a must read.

I'll end this post with a question I'd asked in another thread- Is it easier for you to name ten countries the United States has intervened in? Or ten countries the United States has not intervened in?

Edited to add content and to clarify that my post was mostly directed toward Petar.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 12-03-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I think this effectively ends this conversation. It's really not that hard to understand. I'll make it real simple.. the United States government/C.I.A. does not give two $#@!s about Syrian rebels who've been oppressed. There is an ulterior motive that will be uncovered. There always is. Oh, and for those that haven't heard, this isn't the first time we've been dicking around in Syria. We had plots to overthrow their government in 1956 when they wouldn't take our foreign aid. (Presumably to have troops stationed there)

Here's a good site to start with. Also, Killing Hope: U.S. Military and C.I.A. Interventions Since World War II by William Blum is a must read.
    http://us-foreign-policy-perspective...dex.php?id=283

I'll end this post with a question I'd asked in another thread- Is it easier for you to name ten countries the United States has intervened in? Or ten countries the United States has not intervened in?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kcchiefs6465 again.

I mean really, we just went through this less than a year ago! Folks like BlackTerrel (bless his heart) were saying "How dare you malign the Libyan opposition by linking them to Al Qaeda! Can't you see that people just want to be free?" I "see" it all right. And I see them getting used. As long as we aren't a part of it I'm okay. But we are a part of it. That makes the propaganda part of my problem.

I am pretty ignorant of the situation, and dont know if I should really be cheering for either side. Although, since the media is portraying him as a hero, he is probably on the side of evil!

From what I can infer, it looks like we (the CIA) are attempting some sort of covert regime change under the guise of a popular revolution? if anyone has good, insightful links that might help me to understand what is going on over there, I would appreciate it!

If it really was a popular rebellion, then the US government would use every power at our disposal to make sure they were crushed. The US imperialist foreign policy is dependent upon our ability to overthrow legitimate governments, and then impose our own brutal, puppet dictatorships. If a real revolution threatened to light brushfires in the hearts and minds of people to overthrow those brutal governments, it would present a great threat to US global imperialistic hegemony.