Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congressman John Duncan (R-TN) gives 5 minute tribute to Ron Paul on House Floor 11/29

Congressman John Duncan (R-TN) gives 5 minute tribute to Ron Paul on House Floor 11/29

LIVE on C-SPAN... 10:24-29 AM EST

http://www.c-span.org/?gclid=CPiBhq6_9LMCFUjZQgodiGQABQ

Please post the YouTube video... +rep

[mod edit: here is the youtube from a post below]

Last edited by sailingaway; 11-29-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    John Duncan rocks! I wish he would challenge Corker or Alexander for their senate seat.

Edit: And with Ron Paul retiring, John Duncan will be the last republican in congress who can proudly say he voted against the Iraq war.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-29-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Here's the clip on C-SPAN:
    http://www.c-spanvideo.org/clip/4174641

Seems the videos on C-SPAN aren't able to be embedded here, or anywhere. Pity.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

excellent!

I'm going to see if I can email Duncan a thank you note. Many congressmen don't take emails from out of their jurisdiction.

-
    nope, I'll have to call: Phone: (202) 225-5435 he isn't on twitter, either, but you can retweet it here, if you like: https://twitter.com/usernamenuse/sta...89119100424192
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    excellent!

I'm going to see if I can email Duncan a thank you note. Many congressmen don't take emails from out of their jurisdiction.
    I always just put in a dummy zip code.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I always just put in a dummy zip code.
    I'd have to look up one from his district, but that is a good idea, too.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

That was EXCELLENT!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Here's John Duncan speaking out against permanent wars.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    excellent!

-
    nope, I'll have to call: Phone: (202) 225-543 he isn't on twitter, either, but you can retweet it here, if you like: https://twitter.com/usernamenuse/sta...89119100424192
    You left off a digit on the phone number. Phone: (202) 225-5435.

I just called and left the following message.

Tell the congressman that while I'm in Jim Cooper's district, I wish he was my congressman. I saw the tribute he gave Ron Paul and I was moved by it. If he ever runs for senate, governor or president he has my vote and my donation.

How is Duncan on Liberty besides this?
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Apart from his being much more averse to war than they are, he's a lot like a lot of other Republicans.

The war issue by itself makes him much better than all but a few of them.

Voted for the initial Patriot Act bill but has changed his stance since then by voting against the Patriot Act every single time thereafter (9 times).

Voted for the Smith-Amash amendment.

Voted against some Iran sanctions but not all.

Voted against the creation of the Dept of Homeland Security.

Among other things he voted against Patriot Act reauthorization.

http://spectator.org/blog/2011/02/09...nsions-fail-in

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/fe...n-patriot-act/
    Duncan supported the original Patriot Act when it was passed just weeks after the Sept. 11 attacks. But he has voted against several subsequent efforts to expand or extend the law, each time citing concerns over privacy.

And while I would prefer he had voted against it the first time, I would have preferred Ron Paul vote against the AUMF. Ron Paul later came to regret that vote as I believe John Duncan regrets his initial Patriot Act vote. Plus John Duncan has supported auditing the fed since 1991.

He's the best we've got in congress. He has liberty cred that predates the modern liberty movement.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great tribute. John Duncan is one of the best pro-liberty congressmen.

Here is the video from Congressman Duncan's FB page -

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Here's his Facebook page, in case anyone else would like to "like" it.
    https://www.facebook.com/CongressmanDuncan

wow how come Duncan slipped under our radar?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    When?

If he ever ran for a higher office than Congress, there would definitely be a lot of buzz about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    He's not very vocal.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I'm not sure I remember Mr Duncan campaigning for Dr Paul or defending Dr Paul when he was being dissed, attacked and slandered by the rest of the gop and press. If I'm wrong I am so sorry but am I wrong?

Talk is talk. 26 years of talk John. What is and has been your position on having troops in over 130 countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Tudo View Post
    What is and has been your position on having troops in over 130 countries?
    He voted with Ron on stopping wars.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

On stopping them? How? Which one(s) Can you be more specific?

http://tncampaignforliberty.org/word...ch-radio-show/

Right, thanks, never mind

These are just some of his votes:

Voted against war in Iraq (link)
    Voted against sanctions on Iran (link)
    Voted to reduce military spending to FY 08 levels in 2011 (link)
    Voted to end the war in Afghanistan in 2010 (link)
    Voted to end the war in Afghanistan in 2011 (link)
    Voted to end the war in Afghanistan in 2012 (link)
    Voted to end the war in Libya (link)

I'm not sure I remember Mr Duncan campaigning for Dr Paul or defending Dr Paul when he was being dissed, attacked and slandered by the rest of the gop and press. If I'm wrong I am so sorry but am I wrong?

Talk is talk. 26 years of talk John. What is and has been your position on having troops in over 130 countries?
    Voting against the Iraq war when it was still popular is more than "talk". And though I wish he had campaigned for Ron, I don't hold it against him for not doing so.

He voted against starting the Iraq war for one thing. He also voted along with Paul to end the Afghan war.

Yeah he's a real republican:

Duncan, Roe Back Romney; Rest of TN Republicans in Congress Mum

U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan Jr. and U.S. Rep. Phil Roe have endorsed Mitt Romney for the Republican presidential nomination, reports Michael Collins, but other Republicans in the state's congressional delegation are staying out of the fray.

"I've been very, very impressed with Gov. Romney as a person," the Knoxville Republican (Duncan) said. "I've met with him personally three or four times, and each time I've been impressed. He seems to me to be a good man, a good family man, and just a really nice man.

"He has good business experience, and I think with the economy and jobs and so forth being among the top considerations in the election this year, I think it would be a good thing to have a successful businessman as our nominee."

,,,(Roe) said he was drawn to the former governor because of his business background and his experience in dealing with an onerous legislature.
    http://blogs.knoxnews.com/humphrey/2...y-rest-of.html

Talk is talk.

Wasn't that in 2011?

There's only One Ron Paul
    Last edited by Tudo; 11-29-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast