Thread: November Car Sales Could Hit Pace Not Seen Since 2008

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Looks like BOTH sales and inventories are up. That does not necessarily mean that the sales figures come from what is sold to dealers and not sales from dealers to customers.
    And this is why Im still asking for a clarification which metric is being used by the articles you two pump monkeys are posting. There's waaaay too much subjective terminology going on in this thread.

Say I had 100 cars and sold 50. End of month I have 50 cars left. I order 100 more but sell 60. My inventory is now 90 at the end of month which is higher but my sales also increased.
    So we're engaging in hypotheticals now. Here's mine. Say I had 100 cars and sold 20. I didn't order any more but the manufacturer sent me another 100 anyway since Im contractually obligated to take them. Manufacturer claims 200 sales. I claim 20. WSJ calls the manufacturer for comment, not me, and manufacturer claims "brisk new vehicle sales", which gets printed.

See my point?

I caught that line you bolded but then realized that the article mostly undercuts both you and Jordan's arguments (incentives are killing what little profit margins exist, thus the investing angle of the auto industry is worrisome), plus there's no source for the "brisk sales" comment.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-05-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book