Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Student debt bubble popping

Student debt bubble popping

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...nquency-rate-g

Bubblelicious.

2013 will be the year of the uber pop.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe finally they'll stop making such loans.

What's another trillion dollars?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Not a chance.

Hyperinflation/massive currency devaluation is baked into the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    Maybe finally they'll stop making such loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Not a chance.

Hyperinflation/massive currency devaluation is baked into the cake.
    that's what they said 4 years ago.

It was true then and it is true now.

1) Widespread systemic default (really think TPTB will end their own financial revenue streams?) or 2) Keep the ponzi going as long as possible to transfer all/most assets into a few hands and watch the masses scrap for the rest as their beloved currency falls apart.

Policy from government all around the world and their Central Banks indicates that it is all hands on deck to inflate, inflate, inflate and trigger a currency collapse to usher in the next stage of the New World (fiat bank) Order.

There are many a useful idiot (politicians/media types) who believe this is not the game. Then, there are the master pushers. They are flowing gold into their coffers by the ton pushing policy to keep the game going as long as possible - with a currency shock built into the game.

How will that shock come about? I'm not sure. My bet? A massive global (mostly the West) bank holiday (weeks) and then the roll out of a large(r) scale (and devalued) currency.

Governments will kill their Keynesian beliefs by over-Keynesianing the world.

that's what they said 4 years ago.

It was true then and it is true now.

1) Widespread systemic default (really think TPTB will end their own financial revenue streams?) or 2) Keep the ponzi going as long as possible to transfer all/most assets into a few hands and watch the masses scrap for the rest as their beloved currency falls apart.

Policy from government all around the world and their Central Banks indicates that it is all hands on deck to inflate, inflate, inflate and trigger a currency collapse to usher in the next stage of the New World (fiat bank) Order.

There are many a useful idiot (politicians/media types) who believe this is not the game. Then, there are the master pushers. They are flowing gold into their coffers by the ton pushing policy to keep the game going as long as possible - with a currency shock built into the game.

How will that shock come about? I'm not sure. My bet? A massive global (mostly the West) bank holiday (weeks) and then the roll out of a large(r) scale (and devalued) currency.

Governments will kill their Keynesian beliefs by over-Keynesianing the world.
    So how long before I can say "hyperinflation alarmists were wrong"? Isn't that a bit like saying "you'll eventually die, I can't tell you when, but I know you will"? I can't and won't live my life in constant fear of dying tomorrow if I don't have to, so why would I with my investments?

Is this good if I am about to enter college next year?
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rome's collapse was over 100 years. The USA is the modern Rome and it's collapse is a slow motion train wreck. It is impossible to say when, save for if you are capable of spotting the beginning of hyperinflation as it occurs.

Now, as I have stated - I am not a hyperinflationist. (Although I conceed it could happen).

My stated outcome is that of massive systemic devaluation, done in coordination throughout the Western world. My view is that the interconnectedness of Western balance sheets means that once the banking system as a whole truly starts to go down, there will be a system wide shut down. Western Governments will coordinate a full fledged recapitalization of the banking system; done in unison to "harmonize" the Western world and it's trading avenues.

This is far more plausible to me then hyperinflation.

A hyperinflation would, in my view, lead to a MASSIVE starvation and culling of the herd. Since the current order requires "growth" to maintain it's profit structure - a culling of the herd is not in line with their models of control. They want control over HUMAN LIVESTOCK. More human livestock = more resources created for the benefit of the masters.

The masses will be tested and raped - and then re-pacified.

So how long before I can say "hyperinflation alarmists were wrong"? Isn't that a bit like saying "you'll eventually die, I can't tell you when, but I know you will"? I can't and won't live my life in constant fear of dying tomorrow if I don't have to, so why would I with my investments?

I thought Obama was going to pay my student loans?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Unless you are EXTREMELY precise in your line of future work (say, hellbent on being a General Practioner, MD), stay out. Go make some money and aquire skills and resources.

Do not go to University/College unless you really know what you want. If you do not know what you want, stay out (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post

Most likely it won't make a difference. If it gets really bad, they will either have to continue making the loans and eat the losses by printing more money or they will possibly come to their senses and reduce the amount of loans. In the first case, prices will continue to rise, in the second case, college tuition will likely become more affordable.

Are you planning on getting loans to pay for your college?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I don't think so. Think housing collapse. A lot of "imaginary value" was wiped out, but the debts themselves weren't, and that didn't mean everyone immediately started selling at lower prices. Transfer that over to publicly subsidized Education industry. They already got their money, and won't be the ones who will be defaulted on. Like Greece, they'll be scared to death, but with their massive bureaucratic overhead, and an army of administrators and $175k per year tenured professors, they'll looking for strictly political solutions. They want their version of Obamacare established for Education, and NONE of their expectations will go away as a result of a collapse that they truly believe they should be immune to.

It's coming eventually. There will be value to be found in the guaranteed rubble-to-come, but that won't be next year. They're not going to "get real" and decrease prices until reality sets in, and they get truly hungry like everyone else -- forced, like in the old days, to appeal to real individuals for the value of their supplies, once the blind collective that gave them artificial valuation fails them.

Scariest Chart of the Quarter - Student Debt Bubble Pops 90 Day Delinquency Rates

"For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

So I have 100k in student debt what happens to me when this so called bubble collapses? Will my interest rates go down? lol

Do not go to University/College unless you really know what you want. If you do not know what you want, stay out (for now).
    OR spend the first 2 years at an inexpensive community college, get your AA and transfer it to any 4year university after you figure what you want --if necessary.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *shrugs* Ron Paul made a lot or predictions in the '80's that took 20-30 years to come to fruition. I heard him say that he doesn't like to predict exactly when events will happen, just that it will happen.

Ron Paul talks about hyperinflation in a manner that says he believes it is inevitable, and I'm inclined to believe him if for no other reason than his track record is really good on such things.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobSzumniak View Post
    So I have 100k in student debt what happens to me when this so called bubble collapses? Will my interest rates go down? lol
    It's more likely they'll allow the government to confiscate your property to settle your debt.

IMO the government should bite the bullet on the debt.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobSzumniak View Post
    IMO the government should bite the bullet on the debt.
    Yes, reward the people who took out money to party and get useless degrees, and punish the people that instead entered the workforce and paid taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yes, reward the people who took out money to party and get useless degrees, and punish the people that instead entered the workforce and paid taxes.
    wouldn't the people hurt by debt forgiveness be the people holding the other side of the loan?
    even with federally subsidized loans... they are owned by private banks.
    the tax payers are getting hosed by not eliminating all of it. tax payers are still paying the subsidized portion of the default loans. the banks are still getting their interest payments, whether the account is being paid or not.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Yes, this is a solid option as well. Especially if one works their way through.

OR spend the first 2 years at an inexpensive community college, get your AA and transfer it to any 4year university after you figure what you want --if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    wouldn't the people hurt by debt forgiveness be the people holding the other side of the loan?
    even with federally subsidized loans... they are owned by private banks.
    the tax payers are getting hosed by not eliminating all of it. tax payers are still paying the subsidized portion of the default loans. the banks are still getting their interest payments, whether the account is being paid or not.
    So, cancel the interest on those loans? That might be a fair middle ground.

So, cancel the interest on those loans? That might be a fair middle ground.

sure.. and get rid of the indentured servant status of those with student loans and let people just pay off what they borrow.
    no one gets a free pass.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A student loan debt bubble pop means a severe contraction in the Big Government education cartel. Schools closing, teachers laid off and universities looking for GM style bailouts. Individuals won't be paying their loans, and the loaners of such recklessness won't be getting their money. Paging Ben Bernanke.

And that cascading effect begins with defaults on student loans and an inability to further finance so much debt. That time is upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by awake View Post
    A student loan debt bubble pop means a severe contraction in the Big Government education cartel. Schools closing, teachers laid off and universities looking for GM style bailouts. Individuals won't be paying their loans, and the loaners of such recklessness won't be getting their money. Paging Ben Bernanke.

LibForestPaul

We had a casting call in 2008, it is coming, and it is coming soon. <20 years 100%, <10 years 90% <? could not say.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    sure.. and get rid of the indentured servant status of those with student loans and let people just pay off what they borrow.
    no one gets a free pass.
    That is a suggestion that I could get behind. But complete student debt giveaway? screw that.

LibForestPaul

Don't expect social security, don't expect to keep your 401k, don't expect to live better than your parents. Look to Russia, Argentina, Hungary, for the future of America. Graft, cronism, large lower class, and prepare accordingly. But don't expect Somalia or Cuba. If it goes that bad, than a 3rd world war is in order.

I just wish it was dischargeable in bankruptcy...i am fuGGed bAd- 'till i die

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast