Thread: I have been identified by the US. Department of Health and Human Services

I have been identified by the US. Department of Health and Human Services

I haven't seen this around here, sorry if it's a re-post.

I have been identified by the US. Department of Health and Human Services

Submitted by dexterszyd on Sat, 11/17/2012 - 23:44

http://www.dailypaul.com/263525/i-ha...human-services

I received a letter over a month ago from the US Department Health and Human Services (DHHS). They were very excited to announce that my household had been selected to conduct a National Survey on Drug Use and Health.

Here is the letter:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/89689736@N08/8196808230/

(I have leaflets and other information that accompanied this )

The letter said 200,000 interviewed and the leaflet says 70,000.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/89689736@N08/8196863866/

It further explains that this is the Federal Governments primary source of national data on the use of alcohol, tobacco, and illicit substances.

The survey also contains questions on health and illegal behaviors and other topics associated with substance use.

According to the letter approximately 70,000 individuals, 12 years old and older, will be randomly selected and asked to voluntarily participate.

Included was the name of an organization named RTI that had been contracted to solicit this information from me. They were going to come to my house and ask me or my family members some questions. In return, they would pay each person that participated $30.00 "CASH" for their time.

Yes you heard me right, they want to send a stranger unknown to me, come to my house, sit down with my kids and ask them behavioral questions. In return, they have bribed us with $30.00 each of your money to do this. The whole idea creeps me out!

2 weeks ago I was cleaning my garage when a vehicle pulled into my driveway and a female with a company credential pinned to her chest that said RTI got out of her car and approached me. She said "Sir, may I speak to you for a moment?" I politely said "how may I help you"?

She went through a well rehearsed little script on who she was, why she was here and that the questions were completely confidential. She also said that she wanted to know how many people lived in my household, how many were children and what were their ages?

I immediately told her to please leave and that I had no interest in participating.

She then offered to pay cash for each person she spoke with and preceded her attempt to convince me how this information was extremely helpful to the Federal Government.

I again told her not to try to convince me and that I am 100% sure I did not want to participate so its time to say "goodbye" Incredibly she attempted yet another tactic on me. She said, "I know how you feel, I'm like you"....

I said, you have know idea what your talking about. You have no idea what I'm like!

She then said "I'll just put on my sheet you didn't want to talk. Then said "I'm anti-government too...

I responded and said I never told you I was ant-government and I would like you to please leave! I couldn't believe the gull of this person to come here and interrogate me in my driveway.

I then received a second letter in the mail last week. It went into the fact that someone had stopped by and that they were unable to gather the information they were sent to collect. It requested I call an 800 number whereas they would further explain the importance of the survey. Then it stated that they would be sending someone back out again soon.

This morning my doorbell rings and when I answer there is another lady at the door with the same credential as the first lady. She begins her introduction and I interrupted and said "I know who you are" As I told the first lady I did not want to participate. Then she actually leaned into my door and said " If you have any children, I can just ask them a few questions" ...

I slammed the door nearly hitting her in the face with it.

Do you find this a little odd? The persistence or shall I say " insistence" to speak with my children? or the fact that they have $2.1 million dollars in cash of your tax money at their disposal to use as bribe money?

WTF? Something is very wrong with this picture in a day of super surveillance and a looming fiscal crisis.

What do you think?

DEX

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    creepy
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

they probably get a commission for every questionnaire they fill out. Make that at least 4.2 million of taxpayers money - at least!

-t

Hell no, and I'm broke.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

I've had such surveys through the mail. From local government mostly, I don't think I've ever got any from the national government. (in Europe that is)
    However, they have never tried to bribe me.
    They never sent anyone by my house harassing me.
    I never filled out the forms, never mailed them in. I gave them to my rabbits, for their favorite past-time; shredding paper.

What I find odd though, normally those letters would specifically mention that all research is anonymous and your data can't be traced back to you. This letter did not say anything like that. Although the letter pretty clearly states that it's not mandatory, the fact that it says 'this is assured by federal law' should make anyone laugh a little.

I love surveys. It doesn't say anywhere that being accurate is required.

Its a tough job being a statistical outlier, but somebody has to do it.

Plus you get the goofiest google ads.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Yeah, I would have participated and the skewered the data, lol. Hold up a newborn baby and say, "Yep, she just turned 30 yesterday."

How long have you lived in this house? "Oh, 'bout 3 centuries".
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-25-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Lol. Sounds like the census but with a $30 bribe. Tell them no thanks and close the door. Or become the outlier. Whatever. As long as it is some form of non-compliance.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am rather surprised that the desired info is not simply being gathered thru the Census Bureau with the usual threats regarding non-compliance.

LibForestPaul

I like the directors title on that letter.

So they are sending women out to randomly selected houses, somewhat anonymously and they are advertising that these people are carrying CASH and enough to pay every respondant? Can't imagine what could possibly go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So they are sending women out to randomly selected houses, somewhat anonymously and they are advertising that these people are carrying CASH and enough to pay every respondant? Can't imagine what could possibly go wrong.
    What state does Danke live in again?

I received something very similar last spring but not exact wording and it didn't offer any bribe money. The letter gave a phone number to call if you didn't want to participate. I called it and opted out. About 2 weeks later they showed up knocking at my door anyways. I told them I called the number and opted out. The field rep went ahead and tried to pressure me into answering her questions anyways. I refused and sent her on her way. She showed up AGAIN a week or so later to pressure me. I sent her on her way AGAIN. And then a different field rep showed up the next week AGAIN. I got downright rude that time and sent her on her merry way. It was really wierd how insistent they were.
    Last edited by PatriotOne; 11-25-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Suck my ass slowly.

Thank you for your cooperation.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

it's like winning the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Yeah, I would have participated and the skewered the data, lol. Hold up a newborn baby and say, "Yep, she just turned 30 yesterday."

How long have you lived in this house? "Oh, 'bout 3 centuries".
    This.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    I received something very similar last spring but not exact wording and it didn't offer any bribe money. The letter gave a phone number to call if you didn't want to participate. I called it and opted out. About 2 weeks later they showed up knocking at my door anyways. I told them I called the number and opted out. The field rep went ahead and tried to pressure me into answering her questions anyways. I refused and sent her on her way. She showed up AGAIN a week or so later to pressure me. I sent her on her way AGAIN. And then a different field rep showed up the next week AGAIN. I got downright rude that time and sent her on her merry way. It was really wierd how insistent they were.
    Maybe you should get a restraining order.