Thread: If you need a good laugh... watch this new Mike Norman Video

If you need a good laugh... watch this new Mike Norman Video

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy. $#@!.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

*jaw drop* no words................
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

My head hurts, couldn't finish. Looking for aspirin........
    "The Patriarch"

Pretty intense. Scary as it is, its our prevailing reality.

/trainwreck

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I got 90 seconds in...
    It's just an opinion... man...

No fool like an educated fool. You can tell he considers himself someone quite smart.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Chester Copperpot

mike norman is insane...

i thought this was going to be a cartoon clip from mike judge or something..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ummm was this satire?
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

I don't think Mikey boy has ever fully recovered from the humiliation of "Peter Schiff was right" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I think he is lobbying for a position at the NY FED. Could you imagine someone like this in charge?

So, the government can just print up a bunch for me...and pay off the debt, pay off everyones debt, yayyyyyyyyyyyy !

I stopped watching when he said the government can't run out of money.
    Ron Paul - America, you WILL regret not voting for him!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

What was that part in the beginning, about shoddy journalism and passing opinion off as fact? He should take his own advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Mike's an MMT advocate. In his world, deficits don't matter. History, however, begs to differ...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To say the things this dude is saying, a person has to either be (1) trolling or (2) a delusional idiot.

I trust he's not trolling.

If Mike Norman is correct, then the following must be true:

1) There is no need to tax any American ever again since the government can simply print whatever it needs.

2) The Weimar Republic republic never happened.

3) Zimbabwe was the strongest currency/economy in the world.

4) If I could wave a magic wand and place $1,000,000 in the pocket of every American, people would still show up to work tomorrow at Burger King for $8.00 per hour.

5) China is perfectly happy making things and selling them to us so long as we give them little pieces of paper and there is absolutely no inflation problem in China.

This is a good example of how, unfortunately, sounding confident often matters more than making even one iota of sense.

If we had no deficits, we would have no dollars...

so we need deficits to get dollars!

wow
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Norman never got over the 'Peter Schiff Was Right' videos.He'll either get ill or get even.

deh stupid... it burnzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    If we had no deficits, we would have no dollars...

so we need deficits to get dollars!

wow
    this is the only part that's almost true. most of our money was created out of debt because we're using a debt based fiat monetary system.

as individuals, business and government go deeper into debt, the money supply expands.

as individuals, business and governments pay off the debt, the money supply contracts.

but eventually, the debt load becomes too big and impossible to repay and borrowers stop lending when they feel that they wont get paid back.

this is when the federal reserve can come in as the lender of last resort. however, if the Federal Reserve buys debt, that expands the base money supply and is highly inflationary.

so obviously there is a problem with the entire debt based fiat monetary system that we're using. i think mike norman's ideal solution is to have zero taxes, and then the government just prints and spends money to fund government expenditures without going into debt. the problem of course is that this is highly inflationary. people still pay a tax, they just pay it through higher prices (and of course the inflation tax is a very regressive tax). mike norman believes that this will not be inflationary because he believes that when the government prints and spends money, that this will lead to a proportional increase in the amount of goods and services. this is where his argument falls flat on its face. mike norman doesn't understand that there's really no difference between the government increasing the money supply by 10%, and confiscating 10% of everyone's savings, wages, etc. if the government were to print money in this fashion, they would be stealing wealth and capital from the private sector... therefore, any resources that the government spends to create good and services would reduce the amount of resources that the private sector has to create goods and services. he doesn't understand the fact that you can't create real capital with a printing press. the printing press can only transfer capital that has already been created through savings... it transfers capital from savers and wage earners to the people who get to spend the newly printed money (the government in this case). therefore, any additional goods and services created in the public sector would be more than offset by a decline in goods and services created in the private sector.

but mike norman even goes so far as to think that if the government were to print money out of thin air to pay a soldier for example (to go half way around the world and blow stuff up and not actually create any consumer goods or services) ... that this would lead to the greater production of goods and services because the soldier now gets to spend this newly printed money. of course the reality is that you would get fewer overall goods and services produced because of the capital that was stolen from those who earned and saved the money when the government printed more money out of thin air. and now you have a soldier, who produced no good and services, able to consume goods and services that others produced because wealth was transferred to him from those who earned it in the free market.

ironically, guys like webster tarpley actually advocate for a monetary system where the government just prints and spends money (or is loaned money at 0% interest for 100+ years by the central bank which is basically the same thing).

i would love to see a real debate between Schiff and Norman again... it would be priceless.
    Last edited by eric_cartman; 11-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That YouTube = pants on fire...

His critical thinking skills are about on par with a little kid who knows his parents are lying when they say they're broke, because he saw clearly that there were still two unopened boxes of checks in a kitchen drawer.

I think you are doing yourselves a disservice when you just type in "LOL Idiot MMTer." I have not seen any good reasons refuting Mike Norman's positions. There is a reason Schiff has been abysmally bad at short term projections. Austrian economics gets it right in the long run, but the long run can be a really long time. (BTW One thing Norman is very wrong about it that you can't have high inflation and high unemployment. You can certainly have stagflation like the 1970's)

These guys wrote a really good paper pointing out the long term consequences of MMT. http://www.mercenarytrader.com/2010/...ry-theory-mmt/

'Gold Has Now Broken Out'...and it had.Great time to buy.Thanks Peter.