Thread: Vatican Slams Israel: Children are Dying in Gaza; Stop the Violence! (Called anti-Semitic)

Vatican Slams Israel: Children are Dying in Gaza; Stop the Violence! (Called anti-Semitic)

The Vatican on Gaza: "Israel is a Baby-Killer"

Israel National News
    Nov. 21, 2012

Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, President of the Vatican Council for Culture, commenting on the war between Israel and Hamas, delivered a severe attack on the Jewish people: “I think of the ‘massacre of the innocents’. Children are dying in Gaza, their mothers’ shouts is a perennial cry, a universal cry”.

The Catholic Church high official equated Israel’s operation in Gaza against terror groups with the New Testament story of Herod’s slaughter of Jewish babies in his effort to kill Jesus.

Ravasi, who is one of the most popular Catholic cardinals and the director of the Church’s policy on culture, called Israelis baby-killers in a shameless form of anti-Semitism which subtly accuses the Jewish State of trying to murder the new Jesus, symbolized by the Palestinian people.

The Vatican official’s modern blood libel against Israel was delivered during the presentation of Pope Benedict’s new book about the life of Jesus. However, Ravasi's theme – the Jews as Herod, who killed all the innocent babies because his heart was set on killing Jesus – was much beloved by Medieval organizers of pogroms.

The vicar-general of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, William Shomali, said on Vatican Radio that “what is happening in Gaza now is a vicious circle of violence”. The auxiliary bishop then declared that “it’s difficult to know who started it”. How difficult?

A few weeks ago, in an interview with the Catholic magazine Famiglia Cristiana, Shomali claimed that “hatred of Christians” is the Talmud itself. "The Talmud, the holy book studied by the ultra-orthodox, more highly venerated than the Bible itself, invites religious hatred, speaks badly of Jesus, and even worse of Mary and, in general, of Christians,” the bishop said, adding that “in Israeli schools, love for the other is not taught, but rather the destruction of the other”.

Full Story:
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...8#.ULAxvIap2Om
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poor Vatican, less innocent kids for them to molest I guess...

In other news, NAMBLA accuses Israel of "vicious cock-block".

If you criticize Israel then you will be called an anti-Semite. I know, even people in my church who I thought were good Christians have called me an anti-Semite merely for criticizing Israel. The mass media has drilled it into people's heads that any criticisms of Israel or Judaism is anti-Semitic and should not be tolerated. Makes me sick and mad. People can and do criticize Christianity and Christians on a daily basis and no one in the mass media calls them anti-Christian, or suggests that it shouldn't be tolerated. Just read the Talmud and then tell me that the religion that goes by it is above criticism. I challenge any objective person to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Poor Vatican, less innocent kids for them to molest I guess...
    I won't call this anti-Catholic, but if everyone in the media did, and considered it hate speech that should not be tolerated, you would unfairly be branded as a hate monger.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    I won't call this anti-Catholic, but if everyone in the media did, and considered it hate speech that should not be tolerated, you would unfairly be branded as a hate monger.
    I see your point and of course it is true. I do believe that Israel's PR machine is starting to crumble though, along with the MSM in general. I thank the internet.

any better story from a better site. I'd like to share with my catholics friends but I don't want the Pro-israel bias. More just what the vatican said and less commentary on it.

Regardless of where you stand on the RCC, its nice to see the Vatican standing up to Israel, a stark contrast to what we see from (mostly protestant) churches here in the US.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    Regardless of where you stand on the RCC, its nice to see the Vatican standing up to Israel, a stark contrast to what we see from (mostly protestant) churches here in the US.
    You know what they say about glass houses...

The last time The Vatican spoke out of turn they promptly were threatened with an audit. So...Will have to keep an eye on that.

Was a serious conflict of interest last time as well so....will see if it's just busy work on their part this time around.

There is an all out war going on between two groups that seems to have been brewing for a very very long time. In one corner you have Orthodox Judaism and their recent court victory for their Snip-n-suck circumcision ritual which has even led to rabbi to infant Herpes transmission, and the Vatican and their child crimes which I don't even need to link to since I'm sure most readers are all very aware of what I mean. Things have become especially heated recently since the Pope's former butler released some interesting documents and caused quite the scandal. It's hard to tell whether the two are intent on annihilation of each other or themselves. The reason I say that is that here is the twist to the whole thing which makes this war really interesting. It is a war of mutually assured destruction. The House of Rothschild owns the title "Guardians of the Vatican Treasury."
    Last edited by paulbot24; 11-24-2012 at 02:21 AM.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    There is an all out war going on between two groups that seems to have been brewing for a very very long time. In one corner you have the Orthodox Judaism and their recent court victory for Snip-n-suck circumcision ritual which has even led to rabbi to infant Herpes transmission, and the Vatican and their child crimes which I don't even need to link to since I'm sure most readers are all very aware of what I mean. Things have become especially heated recently since the Pope's former butler's release of some interesting documents concerning political corruption. It's hard to tell whether the two are intent on annihilation of each other or themselves. The reason I say that is that here is the twist to the whole thing which makes this war really interesting. It is a war of mutually assured destruction as The House of Rothschild owns the title "Guardians of the Vatican Treasury.
    Entropy.