Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

Arlington Cemetery pic sparks outrage, calls for woman's firing

A Facebook firestorm has erupted over a photo of a visitor "clowning around" near the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery - and now there's an online campaign to cost that visitor her job.

Lindsey Stone, a visitor from Cape Cod, was on a work trip to the Washington area last month when she and a co-worker visited Arlington, reports News4's Erika Gonzalez.

A sign at the Tomb of the Unknowns, among the most solemn places in the cemetery that calls itself "our Nation's most hallowed ground," asks for "Silence and Respect."

Stone's co-worker shot a photo of Stone next to that sign, her middle finger raised, and mugging as if she is shouting loudly.

Stone posted the photo to her Facebook page, and quickly received a flurry of furious reaction, reports Gonzalez.

Stone has since removed the photo, but it already had been shared widely. A "Fire Lindsey Stone" Facebook page was quickly created, and now has more than 12,000 likes.
    http://todaynews.today.com/_news/201...ns-firing?lite
    Last edited by aGameOfThrones; 11-21-2012 at 06:08 PM.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People should have more important things to worry about than what this dumb broad does.
    “It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.” -Voltaire

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." -Frederick Nietzsche

"The Republican form of government is the highest form of government: but because of this it requires the highest type of human nature, a type nowhere at present existing." -Herbert Spencer

MIND
    YOUR
    OWN
    BUISNESS
    !!!

Well, if the bitch was dumb enough to post it on facebook, what did she expect?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Well, if the bitch was dumb enough to post it on facebook, what did she expect?
    I'm torn. This angry-mob-rule thing is somewhat scary, but I'm also not entirely averse to a public shunning every now and then...

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I'm torn. This angry-mob-rule thing is somewhat scary, but I'm also not entirely averse to a public shunning every now and then...
    She is the one that made it public.
    "The Patriarch"

You can make a point about war without desecrating gravesites.
    "The Patriarch"

Vomit up your whole life on FedBook they said...

It's fun they said...

What do you have to hide, you're not doing anything wrong, they said...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An idiot mocking the sign. Nothing more or less.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

You can make a point about war without desecrating gravesites.
    Is that what she was doing?

Or was she just being an $#@!?

If she was making a "point" about war, being a broad, from Cape Cod, I'd lay 100 to 1 odds she supports O-Bomb-ya.

So what point could you possibly be making?

She made her protest, now people are protesting her. So now someone may protest the fact that people are protesting her protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

cut off her middle finger.

if she does it again - stone her and send her family to oklahoma.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 11-21-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    An idiot mocking the sign. Nothing more or less.
    That's what I'm figuring...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    She made her protest, now people are protesting her. So now someone may protest the fact that people are protesting her protest.
    (Stands up on box)
    "I protest the fact that people are protesting about her protest of.....ummmm, whatever she is protesting, which is ummm, never mind."
    (Steps down from box)
    (Exits stage left)
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

It appears that she was on a work-funded trip when she decided to make a debacle of herself. She posted a picture of herself smoking next to a no smoking sign the previous night.

However, she is employed by a non-profit agency. If they think this is going to cost them donations....she's a goner would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It appears that she was on a work-funded trip when she decided to make a debacle of herself. She posted a picture of herself smoking next to a no smoking sign the previous night.

However, she is employed by a non-profit agency. If they think this is going to cost them donations....she's a goner would be my guess.
    So she is just a general dip$#@!, oh well. Lesson learned hopefully, people actually have relatives buried there and she might have guessed they wouldn't find it amusing.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She's an idiot and I don't feel sorry for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    and send her family to oklahoma.
    That's got to fall under the cruel part of cruel and unusual...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

If she was making a "point" about war, being a broad, from Cape Cod, I'd lay 100 to 1 odds she supports O-Bomb-ya.

Yeah. Attacking her for this only gives her credit for doing something she never intended. She took the picture down after people got upset which proves it. Shes literally a functioning idiot.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Um, what? What the the hell does Obama have to do with anything?

So I got it wrong, it's not like people don't do this $#@!.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 11-22-2012 at 01:33 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

Scrolling thru my FB feed, I saw this pic posted, I'm now guessing by someone morally outraged who'd liked the "fire..." page. I didn't pay close attention, and didn't notice that the sign was from Arlington, only that it said "silence and respect", and I thought it was kind of funny. My guess is it was just meant to be an ironic, funny picture.

Now seeing that it was taken at Arlington, I can agree that it displays poor judgment on her behalf...

...but I am truly, deeply tired of these people who revere and worship the military, and especially those killed in action. Every war this country has fought since that cemetery was established has been a war of aggression, and not even meeting the standard of a just war. I WHOLLY AGREE that many of the people buried in that cemetery went off to war believing all the nonsense the government sold about whatever war it was they were fighting. But it is a government cemetery full of victims of the government's treachery.

People are outraged that she took this picture, yet the wars go merrily on. They're outraged that she would show such disrespect, yet barely a whisper of outrage over the wholesale slaughter of countless humans the world over as a consequence of the "policies" of the EVIL entity just across the river from there.

I swear I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. EVERYTHING that is so obviously up is down to everyone around me, everything so obviously black is white to everyone else...
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 11-22-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Well, guess that's one more thing I can't do for 15 seconds of internet fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I swear I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. EVERYTHING that is so obviously up is down to everyone around me, everything so obviously black is white to everyone else...
    Don't worry yet. It's only when you start to see the green matrix code falling down around you everywhere....That's when you worry, slam a bunch of blue pills, and hope you go back to sleep.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

loveshiscountry

The same government that sent our people to their deaths over nothing to do with defending our borders asks for respect?
    My Dads buried there. I thought it was funny, in a laughing at her way, that she did it. I thought it was funnier that she was dumb enough to post it on facebook.

But people want her fired over it? I hope it turns out she works for the VA.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    cut off her middle finger.

if she does it again - stone her and send her family to oklahoma.
    Um, no thanks. Not in my back yard. You want them sent somewhere, let them move in next door to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Um, what? What the the hell does Obama have to do with anything?

So I got it wrong, it's not like people don't do this $#@!.
    Relax brother, you read me wrong, or maybe I was unclear.

I should have wrote: "what point could she have possibly been making".

Wasn't a stab at you, I honestly didn't know at the time I read this, whether this women was, in fact, trying to make a legitimate point, or was, as it it now appears, just being an $#@!.

Obviously, as it is very likely she is an Obama supporter, based on sex and location, if she was trying to make a legitimate anti war point, then she should have gone to White House and taken that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Vomit up your whole life on FedBook they said...

It's fun they said...

What do you have to hide, you're not doing anything wrong, they said...

Fired?...geeez....you'd think she Ozzy Osbourned that sign....time to lawyer up i'd guess.

Maybe she's an up and coming comedian....dunno..
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 11-22-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Fired?...geeez....you'd think she Ozzy Osbourned that sign....time to lawyer up i'd guess.

Maybe she's an up and coming comedian....dunno..
    That's what stepping out of line in the slightest way will get you in a surveillance state.

Fired...or worse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast