Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allen West concedes

Allen West concedes

...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another Neocon bites the dust!

Neocons are losing elections, we're winning them

I wish he would water board himself so he can figure out where he went wrong.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

It's about $#@!ing time.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

If only he could have tortured the voters . . .
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

trust me...he'll be back, like the annual flu.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    trust me...he'll be back, like the annual flu.
    Oh ya, he'll be back. Holding office is like crack to big government authoritarians.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just wish a Democrat wasn't in the seat.

Good riddance
    “It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.” -Voltaire

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." -Frederick Nietzsche

"The Republican form of government is the highest form of government: but because of this it requires the highest type of human nature, a type nowhere at present existing." -Herbert Spencer

Allen West is not a neo-con. I get it's your favorite word, but first learn what neo-con means. Interventionist Republicans existed in the GOP for years before the actual neo-cons arrived.

Allen West advocated drastically reducing foreign aid and opposed intervention in Libya (voted yes on the Kucinich resolution to withdraw.) Those are positions that a neo-con would not take.
    He was far from perfect, but undoubtedly better than the leftist who'll replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Allen West is not a neo-con. I get it's your favorite word, but first learn what neo-con means. Interventionist Republicans existed in the GOP for years before the actual neo-cons arrived.

Allen West advocated drastically reducing foreign aid and opposed intervention in Libya (voted yes on the Kucinich resolution to withdraw.) Those are positions that a neo-con would not take.
    He was far from perfect, but undoubtedly better than the leftist who'll replace him.
    how is he on military spending?

how is he on the Patriot Act?...NDAA?....

yeah, a real fascist. Fits right in as a NEOCON, and big spending ass wipe. Plus he hates Ron Paul.

$#@! this phony POS.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 11-20-2012 at 10:37 AM.

, Glory Hallelujah
    "The Patriarch"

To me a neocon is any social conservative who puts the global empire ahead of liberty and fiscal responsibility. Mr. West meets the criteria.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Your name says it all......
    Don't you worry.....your little man will be on fox news
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

When the republicans start compromising and seeing things our way then we can have some progress. Hey, they do it for the democrats, why not us?
    "The Patriarch"

Now I don't have endure the Rubio/West ticket chants on all the websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric21ND View Post
    Now I don't have endure the Rubio/West ticket chants on all the websites.
    "The Patriarch"

how is he on military spending?
    Walter Jones is pretty bad on military spending too. He's definitely not a neo-con.

how is he on the Patriot Act?...NDAA?....

yeah, a real fascist. Fits right in as a NEOCON, and big spending ass wipe. Plus he hates Ron Paul.

$#@! this phony POS.
    Voting for the Patriot Act or the NDAA doesn't automatically make you a neo-con. A neo-con is an internationalist, traditionally pro democracy-spreading wars (like Libya), very strongly for foreign aid and generally supportive of the United Nations. The best examples are Joe Lieberman, Lindsey Graham and John McCain. The Republican Party wasn't too great on civil liberties even before the 70s when most of the neo-cons arrived. Being anti-civil liberties makes you an authoritarian. Note I have not criticized anyone here for calling him an authoritarian, because that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Your name says it all......
    Don't you worry.....your little man will be on fox news
    1) I don't live in the US and therefore don't get FOX News, so I have never watched it.
    2) I didn't deny anything else people in this thread said about Allen West because it was true.
    3) Congratulations on being the 20th person to call me out on my username! Seriously, it's almost like you guys copy and paste each other, your responses seem almost identical..

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    To me a neocon is any social conservative who puts the global empire ahead of liberty and fiscal responsibility. Mr. West meets the criteria.
    Wrong. Many neo-cons are very moderate on social policy! John McCain supports embryonic stem cell research, and he's never apologized for his daughter's love for casual sex and recreational marijuana. He was unpopular with social conservatives during his '08 campaign, hence why he chose a social conservative as his running mate. Same with Graham. And Lieberman goes even further to the point he is liberal on social issues, supporting abortion and gay marriage! Bill Kristol, one of the founding fathers of neoconservatism, is also very moderate socially.

A neo-con is someone who is ultra-interventionist on foreign policy and believes intervention (through war and foreign aid) is the best solution in every case. They are often relatively moderate on domestic policy, both socially and fiscally.

Neo-con is NOT the right word to use to describe people who, as bad as they are, are not actually neo-cons!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Walter Jones is pretty bad on military spending too.
    wrong. Look up his votes and CURRENT position.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 11-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.

One and done, One and done!
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    No. Generally neocons are social liberals.

Walter Jones is bad on military spending. These are some bills he voted against reducing military spending with Amash's explanations:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll128.xml

Here's the roll call for Amendment 141 to H R 1, which reduces defense/military spending to 2008 levels. I voted yes. It failed 76-344.

Bring our men and women home from the countless overseas engagements. Our military strength has always derived from our economic strength, and our exploding debt jeopardizes our security. A bankrupt country cannot defend its people.
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll343.xml

Here's the roll call for the Woolsey of CA Amendment 2 to H R 1540, which eliminates funding for the V-22 Osprey aircraft. The Osprey has had significant cost overruns and has a checkered safety record. The President's Fiscal Commission recommended its elimination. I voted yes. It failed 83-334.
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll496.xml

Here's the roll call for the Broun of GA Amendment 23 to H R 2219, which makes a 10% cut to the Secretary of Defense's account. With a $14 trillion debt, we need cuts like this. I voted yes. It failed 87-328.
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll532.xml

just voted no on H R 2219, Dep't of Defense Approps. The bill increases DoD spending by $17 billion (excl. Afghanistan and Iraq spending). It funds wasteful projects, doesn't explicitly prohibit the Pres. from diverting funds to the unconstitutional Libya war, and supports an Auth. for Use of Military Force that allows the Pres. to attack anyone, anywhere, anytime w/o further congressional approval. It passed 336-87.

That's on foreign military intervention. He is a big military spender, because there's a base in his congressional district.
    Last edited by compromise; 11-20-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast