Thread: NYC election scam

NYC election scam

Why doesn't NYC allow you to vote in the party you want to unless you change it by a certain date of the previous year? I can't vote next year in the mayoral elections because I didn't change my party by October 12 of this year. I changed it this month. Here is the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/ny...t-12.html?_r=0

"To Change Your Party Affiliation
    You can change your party affiliation by obtaining a Voter Registration Form, indicating the change and sending it to the Board of Elections. We will process the information and send you a new voter card reflecting the change in party. You cannot CHANGE your enrollment and vote in the NEW PARTY of your choice in the same year. Please Note: a change of enrollment will go into affect one week following the General Election. The last day to change your enrollment is the same as the last day to register for the General Election (25 days prior to the date of the General Election)."

-http://www.vote.nyc.ny.us/html/voters/voters.shtml

This sounds like BS. This is why I didn't go to vote in the primaries of 2012 to vote for my republican candidate(Paul); I registered only in 2012 not by a certain date of 2011. I also was unable to change my party for some reason. I checked my party online and it still doesn't say Republican. I refused to vote for Romney in the primary and the general election. See this is wrong because I don't care whether the candidate is a Democrat or a Republican. I care about the honesty and the intelligence of the candidate. I want a good president regardless of the party. But I won't know who will stay in the race until the year the primaries are held. They can drop out right before the primaries as some do. So for example let's say I like a Democratic candidate in 2015. I change my party to Democrat. The debates and the polling go on and on. The candidate stays in the race by December which is after the date that I can change the parties and still vote. The polls show weak for that candidate and the candidate drops out! I am then left with other candidates in the Democratic party that I don't like and whether I vote or not, my real voice isn't heard. But I do like some Republican candidates but I can't change the party anymore to affect the race. I am messed up. I am cheated. You really should be able to vote for whoever you want as long as you are in the same party by election date. Why are they doing this?
    Last edited by ssunlimited; 11-27-2012 at 05:12 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same thing happened to me. I had only heard of Paul in late October of last year so I didn't have a chance to change my registration even though it would have been like 6 months in advance of the primary. I would assume the stated purpose of this is supposedly to stop opposing parties from switching in order to nominate a weak candidate. The real purpose is to disenfranchise independent voters (especially those who don't particularly like either party) as much as possible to ensure the D and R remain in control.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakB View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I had only heard of Paul in late October of last year so I didn't have a chance to change my registration even though it would have been like 6 months in advance of the primary. I would assume the stated purpose of this is supposedly to stop opposing parties from switching in order to nominate a weak candidate. The real purpose is to disenfranchise independent voters (especially those who don't particularly like either party) as much as possible to ensure the D and R remain in control.
    EXACTLY!