Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberty has finally figured out how to win

Liberty has finally figured out how to win

"A week ago, two boys in their early 20s with a few million dollars managed to pull off a feat that eluded Karl Rove and his Crossroads GPS machine: They helped get candidates elected. They now have four members of Congress to their credit (three representatives and one senator), including one of the House’s most eccentric new members, as well as six state-level officials. Not bad for a pair of self-described “simple southerners” without a college degree between them."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...etsy-woodruff#

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

glad to see the national review commenting on this

Awesome. Promoting this to the front page. Thank you Liberty for All.

Liberty For All continues to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by jFico89 View Post
    They now have four members of Congress to their credit (three representatives and one senator), including one of the House’s most eccentric new members, as well as six state-level officials.
    Who are the six state level officials?

virus alert

Just tried to read that article at national review and I had something opening up my command prompt and my virus software started going nuts with alerts. (Seems to happen quite a bit with sites like national review, red-state, etc.—must be some liberal hackers).

I control-alt-deleted and closed the install-wizard (which opened up for no reason, far as I can tell) but it was weird. The article was pretty good though. I copy-pasted it so I could read it. I had no idea that a PAC spent $800K on Kerry's race.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-19-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Do we have any idea who the state level candidates are?
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is awesome. I would be willing to run for political office with smart folks like this backing you and a real chance to win and make a difference.

Great to see these guys are busy meeting with donors, getting state level directors and looking for candidates for the 2014 elections. Great track record too for a start up pac.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Do we have any idea who the state level candidates are?
    The state level candidates were:

Kendell Kroeker
    Wyoming State House 35
    L4A spent money in: Primary
    Won 747-744

Andy Sanborn
    New Hampshire State Senate District 9
    L4A spent money in: Primary and General
    Won: 15,435-15225 (General)
    Won: 1,497-1,197 (Primary)

Aaron Libby
    Maine State House 139
    L4A spent money in: General
    Won: 2,567-2,375

Heather Sirocki
    Maine State House 129
    Won: 3,029-2,913

Deb Sanderson
    Maine State House 52
    Won: 2,336-2,196

"Angels on our Shoulders."

- quote from Tom Hanks, At end scene of Saving Private Ryan

I would consider running if I had that kind of support.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I would consider running if I had that kind of support.
    Well file the paperwork and announce your candidacy already so we can submit your name to Liberty For All!
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

We should research and locate population pockets that are ripe for liberty to bloom and invest there. Theres got to be areas in Wa, Id, Mt, etc.
    Last edited by AGRP; 11-20-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by jFico89 View Post
    The state level candidates were:

Kendell Kroeker
    Wyoming State House 35
    L4A spent money in: Primary
    Won 747-744

Andy Sanborn
    New Hampshire State Senate District 9
    L4A spent money in: Primary and General
    Won: 15,435-15225 (General)
    Won: 1,497-1,197 (Primary)

Aaron Libby
    Maine State House 139
    Won: 2,567-2,375

Heather Sirocki
    Maine State House 129
    Won: 3,029-2,913

Deb Sanderson
    Maine State House 52
    Won: 2,336-2,196
    "As Maine Goes, So Goes the Nation!"
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    Well file the paperwork and announce your candidacy already so we can submit your name to Liberty For All!
    Is there some sort of feasibility study that can be done or analyzed to determine if the statistics are favourable in your area to attempt this?

Wow those state races were incredibly close!
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

This is excellent!
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

This thread has me seriously looking into this. Is the house of representatives in your state the best place to start? Looks like the next election is 2014. Anyone have any tips on where to start researching how it all works? Can you only represent the district you live in? If so, then going up against an incumbent republican would make things seem unfavourable (assuming they are running again).
    Last edited by jtap; 11-23-2012 at 08:16 AM.

I would not start that high with no experience. State House, City Council, something like that might be better.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by realtonygoodwin View Post
    I would not start that high with no experience. State House, City Council, something like that might be better.
    If you were talking to me, that's exactly what I was asking, if state house would be the best place to start?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post
    Is the house of representatives in your state the best place to start?
    The problem is, if the incumbent is republican, do you not even bother? It seems that would be more trouble than it is worth. That's why I was trying to determine if you can only run for the district you live in.

this is EXACTLY what i planned to do when i have honed my investment skills and save up my fortunes. working hard and busting my ass to get there at the moment, and as expected, some people are thinking the same and already doing it. but they are using inheritance, so i am not exactly losing the race on that front so to speak

If I had millions I would have done the same, heck I gave all I could this year. These two guys rock and to do what they did is insanely rare, especially given there ages. The propaganda wont get all of us and its up to us to wake the rest up.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow! Best news of 2012! Imagine what they could have done with the amount raised in the 2008/2012 presidential races. Something to think about.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post
    This thread has me seriously looking into this. Is the house of representatives in your state the best place to start? Looks like the next election is 2014. Anyone have any tips on where to start researching how it all works? Can you only represent the district you live in? If so, then going up against an incumbent republican would make things seem unfavourable (assuming they are running again).
    State house is a great place to start. You can always challenge the Republican in the primary. Many incumbents have lost in their primary. There is no automatic "shoe in". Check with your county Auditor's office and your Secretary of State website for details about forms, deadlines, requirements, etc. As far as I know, you must live in the district you wish to represent. There may also be a length of residency requirement as well.

Running for local office: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-LOCAL-office
    Last edited by Uriah; 11-26-2012 at 03:50 PM.

The Ron Paul campaign was a total flop,” says Bates. From 2008 to 2012, “it raised more than $100 million and didn’t win a single state. So we were scratching our heads, trying to figure out how to institutionalize liberty.”
    Ummm, what?! Where on earth did that number come from?

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    Ummm, what?! Where on earth did that number come from?
    fec.gov

Are these guys members? If so point me in the right direction so I can give a rep to these guys since it is the least I can do.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    Are these guys members? If so point me in the right direction so I can give a rep to these guys since it is the least I can do.
    They are not members, but they always ask me what people are saying on RPF. My name is James Benefico and I helped John and Preston start up the PAC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast