Thread: NH: First Elected Transgender Resigns Before Taking Office

NH: First Elected Transgender Resigns Before Taking Office

Too much information about some things, not enough information about others. Like, for example, a felony record.

The Laconia Daily Sun reported over the weekend that Laughton is a felon. No one discovered Laughton’s criminal history until after the election, though, because she was legally named Barry Charles Laughton, Jr. when she pleaded guilty to criminal charges in court.

“Laughton, recently elected as one of three lawmakers to represent Hillsborough County House District 31, is a convicted felon and served 4-1/2 months in jail in 2008 for conspiracy to commit credit card fraud,” The Laconia Daily Sun reports. “She was also convicted of tire slashing and at one point reportedly admitted she faked illness to gain an ambulance ride from Weirs Beach back to the heart of Laconia.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/27/fi...#ixzz2DUXKYnMa

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by 1836 View Post
    Bizarre.
    Politics.

Well ... at least s/he was a felon de jure. Most of them are merely felons de facto.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

All it has to do is scream discrimination and demand compensation for it.

Awesome Job Democrats! Elected another criminal!

Name: Stacie M Laughton
    Political Views: Liberal/Democrat
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    It's stuff like this that make me really want to move to NH.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    That is awesome

I <3 NH
    lolz
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Too much information about some things, not enough information about others. Like, for example, a felony record.

Dude still looks like a dude.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I would much rather see drug dealers (capitalists) elected to office.

Than fraudsters (thief)....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Dude still looks like a dude.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BAllen View Post
    All it has to do is scream discrimination and demand compensation for it.
    If you read the article, it sounded a little bitter because there was a law that prohibited felons from holding office while still on probation.

..... New Hampshire law allows Laughton to vote, but since she’s still technically serving her sentence via probation, she’s not legally allowed to hold the public office.
    <snip>
    “I’m extremely disappointed,” Laughton told Nashua Patch on Tuesday after reportedly discussing the matter with New Hampshire Democratic Party Chairman Ray Buckley and other party officials.
    Laughton said her own lawyer told her that “given the magnitude of this, it will cost a lot and I don’t have a very strong argument.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/27/fi...#ixzz2DWiNEzmn

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    That's a better look for her. I guess.

This doesn't relate to her criminal background, but, If you hadn't known she was a man before, do you think you could tell now? Maybe so? maybe not?

What I'm about to say is politically incorrect, but . . .

I'm hoping that these sex-change operations never become too convincing. Could you imagine being a guy and marrying some 'woman' who actually used to be a man?

I got drunk one night and a buddy of mine dared me to go see a drag-contest at a gay bar downtown. I say it was for the sake of science that I took him up on his challenge. So off we went.

There was one person in the contest who was waaaaay too convincing. I was drunk, remember, but the others in the contest couldn't fool anyone, beer goggles or not. But this one person, well, I'd almost thought it was really a girl who entered the contest and tried to cheat the other contestants into thinking she was another dude-gone-girl.

Frankly that scares the $#@! out of me, but that's my personal opinion.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-28-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Dude still looks like a dude wearing lipstick, a v-neck, and a pendant.

So my question is whether he's post-op, or this is one of those "pregnant man" style transgenders, where all the plumbing is in tact and he's basically an untalented Ed Wood.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.