Thread: Do Twinkies really last forever?

Do Twinkies really last forever?

NO.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/twinkies.asp
    Claim: Hostess Twinkies have an indefinate shelf life

FALSE
    and...

NO.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8AE1QE20121115
    A standoff between Hostess Brands Inc. and thousands of its bakery workers was heading for a showdown Thursday as both sides declared they would not bend and were

set to accept the demise of the historic maker of Twinkies

and Wonder Bread.
    []
    The bitter dispute pits the 82-year-old company against the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union, whose members constitute about one-third of Hostess' nearly 18,000 employees.

if I have to take the cuts they're talking about I can get more from unemployment
    There's a go get 'em attitude. Once again welfare entitlements encourage bad societal behavior.

oh and I missed this tidbit the first time through:

management was trying to make union workers the scapegoats for a plan by "Wall Street investors" to sell off Hostess.

The union said the private equity and hedge funds that control Hostess did not live up to promises to modernize plants and trucks but

grew the company's debt

while rewarding themselves financially.

They've been Romney'ed.

snap!

#hostessromneyed
    Last edited by presence; 11-15-2012 at 05:15 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the Family Guy episode is wrong? http://gozie.com/video/SH71D1RO5MK7/Family-Guy-Da-Boom
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

If Hostes does decide to shut down, they will sell their products to somebody else. Perhaps Nabisco?

Twinkies will live on.
    One has to be careful about what one hears about in contract negotiations as well. Both sides often like to predict dire consquences if a deal is not reached in their favor.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-15-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Twinkies do not have an indefinite shelf life. I swear. When I was about 10 years old, I got a Twinkie from the pantry and bit into it. When the horrible taste hit, I realized the white cream had turned green. I remember little after that except running my tongue under the faucet in the utility room. We got our drinking water from a well in the back yard, but I really wasn't all that picky about using the pond water from the tap. I may have even used the Lava soap. That Twinkie was the most horrible taste ever. EVAR.

I have not eaten a Twinkie since I was 10.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.