Thread: AL - Cop drives up to home, executes dog on front porch.

Exclamation AL - Cop drives up to home, executes dog on front porch.

Deputy Shoots Family Dog on Porch, Investigation Launched

Updated: 11/14/2012 5:17 pm

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...uoq0ZnrpA.cspx

(FAIRHOPE, Ala.) - A family dog was “wagging its tail” before it was shot dead by a deputy on its own porch, witnesses told Local 15.

The incident happened Monday morning off of County Road 3 in the Fairhope area.

A resident told Local 15 a Baldwin County Sheriff’s Deputy drove down their gravel road and pulled up to the edge of their neighbor’s yard.

“The deputy got out of his car and knelt down by the side of it,” Tyler Swafford, still rattled, said. “There was a dog sitting at the edge of the porch, wagging its tail, and he shot it. It looked like he did it for no reason.”

The owners, who did not want to go on camera, told Local 15 the dog’s name is Maddie and she’s been in their family for more than ten years. He said the family is devastated, and Maddie was a gentle dog loved by his young children.

In a written statement, the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office said they received a call from a neighbor on the other side of the fence from where the dog lived. The caller said there was “a large Pit Bull running at large and acting aggressively” and claimed it had tried to bite him.

The responding deputy said when he got there, he observed the dog “running up and down the roadway acting aggressively toward the complainant.”

The deputy said he went to the dog owner’s home. When he exited his vehicle, the deputy claims the “dog charged” and he “shot the animal in an attempt to stop the attack.”

Photos obtained by Local 15 show Maddie was shot multiple times in the head and leg, and witnesses question the deputy’s account according to the press release.

“The dog was not vicious at all and was wagging its tail,” Tyler Swafford said. “It didn’t even come off its porch [when the deputy pulled up].”

Tyler’s mother Kim Swafford told Local 15 the deputy told her the dog “tried to attack him” and “jump into his patrol car.”

The dog’s owner will meet personally with the Sheriff Wednesday. The press release said the incident is under internal investigation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

$#@!

I'm sorry but I'm sick of this. I love dogs, what the hell is wrong with these people?

To hell with talking to the deputy, get a lawyer.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    $#@!

I'm sorry but I'm sick of this. I love dogs, what the hell is wrong with these people?

To hell with talking to the deputy, get a lawyer.
    Qualified immunity....

We need a ben swann reality check for cop on dog violence.

makin my skin turn green again.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Qualified immunity....
    Qualified is a relative and debatable term.
    "The Patriarch"

If only we had one of these in the news as often as we have a cop-shot-dog...

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Crime Laboratory
    Early Signs Of Serial Killers
    The most noticeable early indicator to watch out for is when young people take pleasure in harming animals. They may provoke, torture or even kill cats, dogs and other pets. Even after seeing the results of their actions, the person will show no form of regret or morose.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

If only we had one of these in the news as often as we have a cop-shot-dog...
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to.....................
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    I wonder how many of these people were actually like as children.
    "The Patriarch"

sigh...

The owners, who did not want to go on camera, told Local 15 the dog’s name is Maddie and she’s been in their family for more than ten years. He said the family is devastated, and Maddie was a gentle dog loved by his young children.
    Cannot one victim of a dog shooter lash out in $#@!ing outrage at the state? Just one? Scream bloody murder. Raise hell enough to get on national news? Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    sigh...

Cannot one victim of a dog shooter lash out in $#@!ing outrage at the state? Just one? Scream bloody murder. Raise hell enough to get on national news? Christ.
    Fear is a very affective tool.
    "The Patriarch"

sigh...

Anger is counterproductive, comrade, and an indication of subversive thought.

You are reported.

ETA - Seriously, I wonder if some of the people do, and the press edits or deletes their comments.

They've done it to me before.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-15-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

You are reported.

ETA - Seriously, I wonder if some of the people do, and the press edits or deletes their comments.

They've done it me before.
    I think that's a pretty safe bet now that you bring it up.
    "The Patriarch"

You are reported.

Possibly. $#@! I wish just one person would take out a billboard on a major highway that read: "The xx police department executed our loving companion. Gone by the hands of reckless abusers of power. R.I.P." A a picture of their mutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I wonder how many of these people were actually like as children.
    Me Too. If they can just walk up and kill a tail wagging dog and go to the donut shop, then what kind of a person can do that? Are they potential serial killers? They can get away with it these days. Not unlike on TV where the FBI maniacs and police justified killings are the good guys.
    Last edited by Travlyr; 11-15-2012 at 06:43 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Possibly. $#@! I wish just one person would take out a billboard on a major highway that read: "The xx police department executed our loving companion. Gone by the hands of reckless abusers of power. R.I.P." A a picture of their mutt.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4736166

sigh... Compliance is as much a lack of outrage as not putting up the sign in the first place.

I've wondered the same thing, and wouldn't be surprised if they edited content in order to "keep it clean." It must be that way, since it's not uncommon for people to be passionate about their pets. I refuse to believe that every family that has had a pet murdered by the $#@!ing pigs just slumps around going, "Oh golly gee, I'm disappointed in the cops."
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon