Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TYT Cenk on Israel offensive

I understand that Israel has made mistakes in the past and hasn't always been right in what they've done. However, if you're going to criticize Israel for some of the things they've done, I don't see why you wouldn't also criticize Hamas for launching rockets into civilian areas of Israel. I haven't heard anyone condemn Hamas for killing innocent children in Israel. Again, I have to wonder what hatred for Israel has to do with supporting a non interventionist foreign policy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    What evidence do you have that they killed innocent people on purpose? What exactly is Israel supposed to do when Hamas starts firing rockets at them? Just sit back and take it and allow their citizens to be killed?
    1. http://www.haaretz.com/news/goldston...n-sites-1.6956

2. Israel should not intentionally goad Hamas into firing rockets. There were plenty of articles posted here on how Israel broke the cease-fire that caused Hamas to fire again, and led to Cast Lead. And if you're following this thread, I posted an article with plenty of evidence on how Israel broke the truce with Hamas again--which led to this outbreak of violence.

You buy into the narrative that Palestinians are basically evil monkeys flinging poo just because they can. You really don't think that there's something else to the story?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I understand that Israel has made mistakes in the past and hasn't always been right in what they've done. However, if you're going to criticize Israel for some of the things they've done, I don't see why you wouldn't also criticize Hamas for launching rockets into civilian areas of Israel. I haven't heard anyone condemn Hamas for killing innocent children in Israel. Again, I have to wonder what hatred for Israel has to do with supporting a non interventionist foreign policy.
    Earlier in this thread, criticism of those firing rockets:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    All that being said, the people firing rockets are a-holes of the highest order. They fire at innocents, hoping for disproportionate retribution that will no doubt effect more innocents, so that they can gain some small measure of a political advantage. And people with this mindset exist on all sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    All I can say in regards to this is that it's virtually impossible for them to aim rockets at military targets--doesn't make it right. Obviously. Now, more than ever--they need to take the high ground and go for an all-out media campaign to expose Israeli crimes (and the IDF DOES target innocent people, with regularity) and keep pushing for UN recognition (even though I think the UN sucks.) I just don't see any other way out of this mess for them.

No more rockets. ...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Earlier in this thread, criticism of those firing rockets:
    Ok, point taken. I didn't read through the entire thread.

There are no lenses of perspective more distorted than those trained on Israel/Palestine. As far as I am concerned, partisans on both sides of this thing are blinded by prejudgement. The hard-core Palestine haters annoy me just as much as the hard-core Israel haters. The situation there now is so bent out of shape and distorted it's impossible for any one person to know the whole truth.

End all foreign aid, end all foreign involvement, and allow the American people to freely give of their own money in aid to the side they like. Stop acting like we have the authority to dictate what happens in the region, and it will in all probability work it's own way out soon enough without our involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by misean View Post
    I know it's unpopular here, but I side with Israel in these disputes. That's Israel's land. They continually get attacked by racists. Israel isn't the instigator. If people stopped blowing themselves up and attacking Israel, there would be no retaliation. Does anyone really believe that Israel is going out of its way to take over the Middle East?
    Gaza was NOT Israel's land prior to 1946, in 1947, in 1967, or now. It is illegally occupied territory with multiple UN resolutions asserting so.

http://documentaryheaven.com/check-point/
    http://documentaryheaven.com/palesti...ill-the-issue/
    http://documentaryheaven.com/the-iron-wall/
    http://documentaryheaven.com/occupation-101/
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/peace...promised-land/
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/tears-of-gaza/
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/reneg...wish-settlers/
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/zionist-story/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    There are no lenses of perspective more distorted than those trained on Israel/Palestine. As far as I am concerned, partisans on both sides of this thing are blinded by prejudgement. The hard-core Palestine haters annoy me just as much as the hard-core Israel haters. The situation there now is so bent out of shape and distorted it's impossible for any one person to know the whole truth.

End all foreign aid, end all foreign involvement, and allow the American people to freely give of their own money in aid to the side they like. Stop acting like we have the authority to dictate what happens in the region, and it will in all probability work it's own way out soon enough without our involvement.
    I throughly agree with your statement Gunny.

Dang Gunny I have to stop agreeing with you one of this days. Why we even debating what the HELL those countries are doing. Our only debate should be getting our country OUT!
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Dang Gunny I have to stop agreeing with you one of this days. Why we even debating what the HELL those countries are doing. Our only debate should be getting our country OUT!
    We have troops in Israel?

Again, I have to wonder what hatred for Israel has to do with supporting a non interventionist foreign policy.
    I would love to have a non-interventionist Foreign Policy.
    The Fact is,, we do not. We are in fact deeply involved,, up to our necks in it. It does affect me..

And as a Christian believer I find that supporting and advancing Satan's agenda is abhorrent.

I do see the Zionists as an invading and occupying force,, with full backing and collusion of the US and UN.

It is the Palestinians that are on the defensive.
    Fighting an enemy that has them outgunned, outnumbered and has all the financing of the Rothschild Empire.

I don't want to support it,,, not at all and on several levels.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Yes,, and massive other governmental interests. Not to mention all the foreign agents in our government who get their orders from Israel.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Dimona Radar Facility has a permanent staff in the hundreds.
    Port of Haifa serves as a landing point for our 6th fleet.

It was reported we sent 15,000 boys there back in January for indefinate deployment, not sure of their status.

You can bet every member of the IDF is wearing boots we paid for, shooting bullets we paid for, and manning equipment we paid for.
    Last edited by presence; 11-17-2012 at 05:29 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Yes,, and massive other governmental interests. Not to mention all the foreign agents in our government who get their orders from Israel.
    I didn't realize we actually have foreign bases in Israel. Like I said, I don't believe that we should have foreign military bases or give out foreign aid to any country. I simply support the right of Israel to defend itself.

I simply support the right of Israel to defend itself.
    Interesting. Then you also support the right of North Korea to defend itself??

How about the Drug Cartels? the Hells Angels?

I do believe in self defense. That is why I support the Right of Self Defense of the Palestinians. Many of whom had land and families there for several generations and hundreds of years.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting. Then you also support the right of North Korea to defend itself??
    Sure, if another country invades North Korea or launches rockets at them they certainly have the right to defend the citizens of their country.

right of Israel to defend itself.
    That's so poetic, if only it were true.

Israel defending self = bulldozing long standing muslim homes. in occupied lands, building settlement homes, waiting for militants to lob a warhead free home made rocket at their lost homes... then use US made 1000lb warhead on more muslim homes in "defense" before bulldozing them.... building settlements.... over and over again since 1947.

Minimal US troops are in israel. What I mean by "out" is all intervention including aid.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Out of all of the outrages that occur, that's a pretty lame attempt at generating an emotional reaction. People are dying. People are being beaten. People's homes are being stolen or destroyed. People are being unfairly imprisoned. That picture looks like a teenager getting a time out for being a bad boy.
    Oh I'd love to see the reaction if American troops tied a 13 year old American boy to their humvee to stop demonstrators from throwing things at them.

Sure I could find babies burned with white phosphorus but people might not want to see that and its probably against the rules.

Imagine your child being used as a human shield.

It outrages me, maybe because I haven't been desensitized to brown people being treated like $#@!.

Banned

Blog Entries
    And when that happens, I'll shut up about it.
    So, I am going to be bitching about this injustice until Armageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    Oh I'd love to see the reaction if American troops tied a 13 year old American boy to their humvee to stop demonstrators from throwing things at them.

Sure I could find babies burned with white phosphorus but people might not want to see that and its probably against the rules.

Imagine your child being used as a human shield.

It outrages me, maybe because I haven't been desensitized to brown people being treated like $#@!.
    So you'd be pro-Israel, by your own arguments? Israelis never use human shields.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

That might me true if Zionists were related to Abraham.
    They are NOT for the most part.

Khazars are not related. (they are decedents of Japheth) And many true Jews reject Zionism outright and oppose the State of Israel and it's policies.

There is a conflict between God and Satan though.
    Well said sir.
    I am the spoon.

I didn't realize we actually have foreign bases in Israel. Like I said, I don't believe that we should have foreign military bases or give out foreign aid to any country. I simply support the right of Israel to defend itself.

So the Nazis had the right to defend themselves while they were occupying other people's land? Hell, so the Nazis had the right to genocide a certain group of people as long as they pretended it was self defense?
    Last edited by John F Kennedy III; 11-18-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    I am the spoon.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Out of all of the outrages that occur, that's a pretty lame attempt at generating an emotional reaction. People are dying. People are being beaten. People's homes are being stolen or destroyed. People are being unfairly imprisoned. That picture looks like a teenager getting a time out for being a bad boy.

I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    So you'd be pro-Israel, by your own arguments? Israelis never use human shields.
    I have to wonder if you're being serious.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    Because the Israeli supreme court finally outlawed the practice in 2005 to the bitter dismay of the IDF, who APPEALED, lost, and said,

$#@! it; we'll do it anyway:

1:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu63L7rYrg0
    0:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLmxLhp0PtU
    1:07http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTc8uUvcuvQ

"According to true Jewish values, your lives come before those of the enemy, whether he is a soldier or a civilian under protection. Therefore, you are forbidden from endangering your own life for the sake of the enemy, not even for a civilian," [Rabbi] Shapira declared.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6f5_1287602248
    Last edited by presence; 11-18-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    So the Nazis had the right to defend themselves while they were occupying other people's land? Hell, so the Nazis had the right to genocide a certain group of people as long as they pretended it was self defense?
    Israel is defending their own land. I understand that the UN's decision to give this land to the Jewish people was controversial, but that's ancient history. If you think that was wrong, the United Nations deserves the blame for that, not the Jewish people. Why would the Jewish people not accept an offer to have their own homeland? It wouldn't have made any sense for them to turn down such an offer.

Israel is defending their own land. I understand that the UN's decision to give this land to the Jewish people was controversial, but that's ancient history. If you think that was wrong, the United Nations deserves the blame for that, not the Jewish people. Why would the Jewish people not accept an offer to have their own homeland? It wouldn't have made any sense for them to turn down such an offer.
    Not ancient history.. Recent History.

Though Ancient texts warned of and foretold the occupation of the land by "Gog and Magog".

http://www.apfn.org/thewinds/library/khazars.html
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

So let's say our current govt came to you and said, "hey, we are gonna give you your neighbors house, free and clear, you just have to throw them out and we'll get your back...you'd take it? Because, ya know it makes no sense to turn down such an offer.

ANCIENT HISTORY???? My own uncles fought in the 48 war. I know a reason not to accept. Its on top of someone elses land. And Jews always had a home in Palestine to begin with. Many Jews stand against Israel.

If the government offers you your neighbors land you gonna just take it with government force because its free? Astounded by the logic here.

Edit: didn't even see specs' reply saying the same thing
    Last edited by Muwahid; 11-18-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    ANCIENT HISTORY???? My own uncles fought in the 48 war. I know a reason not to accept. Its on top of someone elses land. And Jews always had a home in Palestine to begin with. Many Jews stand against Israel.

If the government offers you your neighbors land you gonna just take it with government force because its free? Astounded by the logic here.

Edit: didn't even see specs' reply saying the same thing
    Just because specs said the same thing doesn't make it any less true +rep to both for common sense

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast