Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ayn Rand on Israel and the Middle East

Ayn Rand on Israel and the Middle East

Zatch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who gives a $#@! what this enemy of liberty has to say?

smelly zionist, still a good writer though.

Hitler may have been an evil man, but his views on the problems on democracy are still worth reading.
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Anti Zionism appears to be so strong on this board that even great minds like Rand are denounced and demonized for their support of Israel.

I for one agree strongly with her. We dont have to give money to Israel but in no one should be go on attacking and bashing it like some members of this board do. We are supposed to be against foreign interventionist policies not just against the current ones and for others.

Ayn Rand has done more for liberty than any of us will ever do in our lifetimes. Read about the formation of the modern libertarian party. Most of its founders began as objectivists, and her influence kept the early libertarian/anti-war movement from devolving into another leftist rebellion. We are better off today because of her.

Sorry, but I never saw Ayn Rand as having a "great mind". She's always struck me as a frigid old fish that wasn't worth the time. I've heard that she was against collectivism, but she sure doesn't have any problem dishing out a good serving of it here. Primitive savages? Please. Has she ever met a Palestinian? Talk about collectivists. She is one.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtorsella View Post
    Ayn Rand has done more for liberty than any of us will ever do in our lifetimes. Read about the formation of the modern libertarian party. Most of its founders began as objectivists, and her influence kept the early libertarian/anti-war movement from devolving into another leftist rebellion. We are better off today because of her.
    +1

And beyond that, Ayn Rand was not big on Israel and certainly not on Zionism. The revisionists forget Israel was not critical to her thought, writtings, or philosophy:

Israel was not so important to Ayn Rand: there is only one mention of Israel in all her written work. It occurs in “The Lessons of Vietnam,” The Ayn Rand Letter, dated August 26, 1974 but – the Letter being behind schedule – written in May 1975. The essay is reprinted in The Voice of Reason, published after her death.

http://ariwatch.com/AynRandOnIsrael.htm
    Ayn Rand was a freethinker and it is clear some people here frown upon that sort of thing.

Nobodies perfect.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Ron Paul discusses Ayn Rand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjwuGHPilwI

Ron Paul says Ayn Rand had influence on him, but she didn't like Libertarians and she was too militant for him.
    Last edited by FrankRep; 11-18-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Anti Zionism appears to be so strong on this board that even great minds like Rand are denounced and demonized for their support of Israel.

I for one agree strongly with her. We dont have to give money to Israel but in no one should be go on attacking and bashing it like some members of this board do. We are supposed to be against foreign interventionist policies not just against the current ones and for others.
    I agree.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Ron Paul says Ayn Rand has influence on him, but she didn't like Libertarians and she was too militant for him.
    Ron Paul also didn't run around calling Israelis "smelly zionists" or wish Israel harm.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Ron Paul also didn't run around calling Israelis "smelly zionists" or wish Israel harm.
    That's true.

Even Ron Paul supports Israel, but doesn't want to give Foreign Aid to them.

Ron Paul: Israel is Our Close Friend
    Ron Paul Responds to President Obama's Middle East Speech

Ron Paul
    May 19, 2011
    Last edited by FrankRep; 11-18-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

The middle east problem is easy. First let's get all our troops out and get to see who wins in the battle. Winner solves the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by UMULAS View Post
    The middle east problem is easy. First let's get all our troops out and get to see who wins in the battle. Winner solves the problem!
    Yeah. If only that could be guaranteed. If this thing settles down, good. But if Egypt gets involved, and Syria stays involved, and the neocons manage to finally start WWIII, our troops won't stay out of it.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ayn Rand is off the mark. Israel is just as "terrorist" as any other ME country and, in fact, suicide bombers etc were actually started by the Israelis.

It is not anti-Zionism to question a country that was started by taking its land from another people. If that is anti-Zionism, then you should be all for the American Indian getting his land back from the US.

As for "primitive savages", the smartest people in the ME are not the Israelis, but the Iranians.

I have nothing against Israel as a state, but neither do I have any desire to support them in their own brand of terrorism- we have enough problems with the US to solve; Israel can take care of itself.
    Last edited by Ender; 11-18-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    loooooooooooooooooooooool. No Ayn Rand=No Ron Paul.

I don't agree with Ayn Rand's foreign policy, but bashing Ayn Rand is not okay. I think The Fountainhead is about the best book I've ever read. Before Ron Paul there was Hayek, Milton Friedman and Ayn Rand spreading freedom. That's about it.

And advocated selfishness as a moral virtue and justified brutality against innocent people, never mind being a conspiracy theorist who didn't believe what doctors were telling her about smoking cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by misean View Post

I don't agree with Ayn Rand's foreign policy, but bashing Ayn Rand is not okay. I think The Fountainhead is about the best book I've ever read. Before Ron Paul there was Hayek, Milton Friedman and Ayn Rand spreading freedom. That's about it.
    Really.

So Robert A. Heinlein, Leo Tolstoy, John Steinbeck, and Charles Dickens knew nothing about freedom........
    There is no spoon.

So she sides with Israel because the arabs kill innocent civilians just like the Israelis. Great reasoning right there.

Yeah, great job of her disciples establishing the Libertarian Party. Where would freedom be without it?

Yeah, great job of her disciples establishing the Libertarian Party. Where would freedom be without it?
    At least she contributed to libertarianism in this country, a lot of people have libertarian views because of her, even though people tend to disagree on other stuff from her.

At least she contributed to libertarianism in this country, a lot of people have libertarian views because of her, even though people tend to disagree on other stuff from her.
    Bull$#@!. She didn't contribute to libertarianism, she routinely disparaged it. If it was up to her and her cult, libertarianism would be destroyed. This disgusting woman should not be promoted as a champion of liberty, that's for sure.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Really.

So Robert A. Heinlein, Leo Tolstoy, John Steinbeck, and Charles Dickens knew nothing about freedom........
    Ayn Rand became good for co temporary history of libertarianism and caused more productivity from it.

Though Mises -> Rand -> Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    She's always struck me as a frigid old fish that wasn't worth the time. .
    I seem to recall reading she definitely was not frigid.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Bull$#@!. She didn't contribute to libertarianism, she routinely disparaged it. If it was up to her and her cult, libertarianism would be destroyed. This disgusting woman should not be promoted as a champion of liberty, that's for sure.
    Maybe because there are anarchists who still call themselves libertarians, yet she helped libertarianism. Although I still believe that she had crazy fans that dressed up like her, that was not her fault nor the ARI's fault.

Maybe because there are anarchists who still call themselves libertarians, yet she helped libertarianism.
    I guess your warped mind is determined to come up with whatever excuses you need to make up to justify your God's blatently anti-libertarian positions.

Ayn Rand was one of the MAJOR contributors to modern libertarianism - utterly regardless of whether YOU or SHE or anyone else likes it or not.

Any claim to the contrary is unhinged from reality.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I guess your warped mind is determined to come up with whatever excuses you need to make up to justify your God's blatently anti-libertarian positions.
    So because I don't support anarchism make's me an anti-libertarian?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast