Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Liberty-minded Candidates for US Congress (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    Added Clint Didier. I'm looking into some of the names suggested last week.
    Kory Watkins dropped out months ago, so Kuchar is the only challenger in that race. Have you updated the Texas list since the C4L survey came out? sorry, I did not notice how you ranked them before. March 4th is the Texas Primary election, early voting now.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Kory Watkins dropped out months ago, so Kuchar is the only challenger in that race. Have you updated the Texas list since the C4L survey came out? sorry, I did not notice how you ranked them before. March 4th is the Texas Primary election, early voting now.
    Apparently when I changed it the last time it didn't save. Power in my house went out that day. Didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Ken Buck (CO-04)
    Over my dead body. That man is no friend of Liberty.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

What's so bad about Buck?

Even on the issue of marijuana, he said he favored a states' rights approach. He even said he thought California would be a good testing ground for marijuana legalization, he just didn't want it to be Colorado. Anyhow, he's running for federal office, so his views on a state issue that he wants federal officials to keep out of are irrelevant. It's hard to deny he has a good CFL record.
    Last edited by compromise; 02-27-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    What's so bad about Buck?

Even on the issue of marijuana, he said he favored a states' rights approach. He even said he thought California would be a good testing ground for marijuana legalization, he just didn't want it to be Colorado. Anyhow, he's running for federal office, so his views on a state issue that he wants federal officials to keep out of are irrelevant. It's hard to deny he has a good voting record.
    He wants us to stay in Afghanistan to "make sure that we are disrupting, dismantling the drug trade as much as possible". Now that's kind of a federal issue.

$#@! Buck.

Matt Whitaker (IA-U.S. Sen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7-t_-1l4KE Time: 0:50-1:10, 6:45-7:14
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_-0m21tT0 Time: 1:30-1:35, 4:37-5:04

“I would be like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz and hold the bureaucracy that is the federal government accountable to the people,” - Matt Whitaker said Monday. http://abetteriowa.desmoinesregister...kers-campaign/

This guy is a 4 or 5 star candidate. I don't know how we've missed him.

Name dropping Rand Paul and Ted Cruz doesn't make you a 4 or 5 star candidate, especially given that in Iowa we have an idea of who the liberty folks are. I don't think he's a true believer however I don't mind listing him because he looks like easily the most favorable. If Shane Osborn is 3 stars, that seems fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Name dropping Rand Paul and Ted Cruz doesn't make you a 4 or 5 star candidate, especially given that in Iowa we have an idea of who the liberty folks are. I don't think he's a true believer however I don't mind listing him because he looks like easily the most favorable. If Shane Osborn is 3 stars, that seems fair enough.
    Look at the videos I posted.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look at the videos I posted.
    K I'll do that, wasn't sure what you were using as justification.

Anyone involved with the liberty movement in Iowa know if people are coalescing around him at all? If he's this good, it'd be a shame to put that infrastructure to waste.

I talked to Maine's Erick Bennett, I'm now for adding to him to the list as a 5 star. Still totally unelectable though.
    Perhaps you should tell him that his donation page is not even close to FEC compliant.

@Smart3, thanks for updating Art Robinson. Im not a Levin fan but he's helped Art against DeFazio in the past.

http://www.artforcongress.com/

Last edited by devil21; 02-28-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Added Clint Didier.

I'm looking into some of the names suggested last week.
    Didier was endorsed by Ron Paul during his Senate run in 2010. Does that count for green status?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoose View Post
    Didier was endorsed by Ron Paul during his Senate run in 2010. Does that count for green status?
    No.
    Inactive

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Greg Brannon is endorsed by Ron Paul. He should get the "green purity".

Understandably, there are quite a few ratings on here with which I disagree. Most ardently, however, is the fact that Shak Hill is even on this list.

No.
    I thought green indicated a Ron Paul endorsement, and stars represented purity and the overall quality of a candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I thought green indicated a Ron Paul endorsement, and stars represented purity and the overall quality of a candidate?
    Indeed they do. Endorsements however are only included per cycle.
    Inactive

― Dhammapada, v. 61

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indeed they do. Endorsements however are only included per cycle.
    I agree with your rationale. In 2010, Ron Paul endorsed Ken Buck for U.S. Senate in Colorado because he was the best option out of those running. In 2014, Ron Paul endorsed Owen Hill over Ken Buck because he was the purer candidate.

Phyllis Schlafly Endorses Osborn

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...eb-senate-race

Maybe Osborn could get Bachmann or Steve King to endorse.

http://journalstar.com/news/state-an...d82581f2a.html

Mike Lee endorses Sasse.

Deb Fischer voted against the Nebraska Dream Act and used it as an issue to win the primary.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 03-04-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Adam Kwasman in AZ-1 should be added to the list. From what Iv'e read he seems like a 3-4 star candidate. He used to work for the CATO institute and has been endorsed by Freedomworks. http://www.adamkwasman.com/congress/
    Last edited by AlbertJNocke; 03-04-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Remove everyone for US House and Senate in Texas.

We got wrecked.

EDIT: Maybe there is some hope, Brian Babin TX-36 has a ~3 star RLC survey. http://www.babinforcongress.com/
    Last edited by compromise; 03-05-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Remove everyone for US House and Senate in Texas.

We got wrecked.

EDIT: Maybe there is some hope, Brian Babin TX-36 has a ~3 star RLC survey. http://www.babinforcongress.com/
    Did Streusand submit a survey? He's openly touting what he calls "Tea Party Values". I asked him which Congressman he agreed with most and he said Ted Poe.

Did Streusand submit a survey? He's openly touting what he calls "Tea Party Values". I asked him which Congressman he agreed with most and he said Ted Poe.
    Streusand has failed to submit a survey to CFL and RLC.

Streusand has failed to submit a survey to CFL and RLC.
    That's not necessarily a disqualifier. If I remember correctly, Medina didn't either.

Removed Bevin.
    Inactive

― Dhammapada, v. 61

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Removed Bevin.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Why?
    because he lost?
    Inactive

― Dhammapada, v. 61

because he lost?
    You must mean Steve Stockman.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    You must mean Steve Stockman.
    Bevin lost 29-55.
    Inactive

― Dhammapada, v. 61

Bevin lost 29-55.
    The primary hasn't been held yet!

Bevin lost 29-55.
    You mean this POLL? http://images.bimedia.net/documents/...enate+Race.pdf

The primary is not until 05/20/2014.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast