Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Gaza under attack by Israel

You know, for the people who says Islamic countries cannot have democracy and free markets, I would say the example of Turkey rebuffs the arguments. Turkey has a strong secular government with a population of muslims.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilluxe View Post
    You know, for the people who says Islamic countries cannot have democracy and free markets, I would say the example of Turkey rebuffs the arguments. Turkey has a strong secular government with a population of muslims.
    Who wants a democracy?

are they a free market? How do they treat Kurds, and how are they treated when they enter places like Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Tpoints View Post
    are they a free market? How do they treat Kurds, and how are they treated when they enter places like Germany?
    Yes, they are a free market, they have have a larger economy than Australia or Canada. They treat kurds fine and Kurds terorist not fine. They are the western Japan. Turkish-German relationship has been strong since the Ottoman and German empires were allies in WWI.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, they are a free market, they have have a larger economy than Australia or Canada. They treat kurds fine and Kurds terorist not fine. They are the western Japan. Turkish-German relationship has been strong since the Ottoman and German empires were allies in WWI.
    That whole area was trade routes and produce,, Free trade was the norm.. Empires restricted trade.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That whole area was trade routes and produce,, Free trade was the norm.. Empires restricted trade.
    The German and Ottoman Empires are long gone nearly a century ago.

A soon to be extint secular government as muslims have taken control of government.

Islamic countries are those that are ruled by government where Islam is the official religion, not countries with a large muslim population..
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

So?

British Empire held Palestine and made a deal with the Rothschild Empire.

My statement stands,, Empires restrict trade.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    A soon to be extint secular government as muslims have taken control of government.

Islamic countries are those that are ruled by government where Islam is the official religion, not countries with a large muslim population..
    Muslims were always in the government of Turkey, and the constitution made by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk pushes religion out of government. Turkey is also an observer and soon to be part of the European Union.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    When I was in Germany, my friend's child got all big-eyed when she saw a black person. My friend said there weren't many blacks in Germany, since the Nazi's. I had no idea! So I started reading, and found all the groups you listed, plus others (Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind) were also victims of the holocaust.

I pointed that out to an evangelical once, ad was accused of lying. Because I am anti-semitic.

It was unreal - like the fact that the Jews weren't the only persecuted group was somehow offensive to the Jews.

I still don't get it.
    In concentration camps, Jews got yellow six pointed stars, Homosexuals got pink triangles.
    There were a variety of other colors and shapes too for all the other "deviants".
    Now you know where the pink triangle came from.

You need to learn the difference between a map and the terrain it represents. In this specific case you need to train yourself to recognize Empire even where the term is absent from the title. The USA is by all means an Empire despite "Empire" not being part of the official name. Analysis 001. This is your free lesson for today and you are welcome.

Let me add that a key aspect of adept analytical work is the ability to separate the signal from the noise, thereby allowing one to identify the fundamental mechanisms at work in a given circumstance. Without this, a person spends their time mired in the meaningless details attached to the root issues. This, of course, prevents them from identifying the real questions. This shortcoming is almost universal. Proportionally speaking, very few people possess this training and are, therefore, at the very best second rate analysts. This is a very serious problem and can hardly be overstated.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    When I was in Germany, my friend's child got all big-eyed when she saw a black person. My friend said there weren't many blacks in Germany, since the Nazi's. I had no idea! So I started reading, and found all the groups you listed, plus others (Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind) were also victims of the holocaust.

I pointed that out to an evangelical once, ad was accused of lying. Because I am anti-semitic.

It was unreal - like the fact that the Jews weren't the only persecuted group was somehow offensive to the Jews.

I still don't get it.
    Each time I come here, I learn I've lived a sheltered life! I didn't know that it's not common knowledge that many other groups were sent to the camps.

When I was in Germany, we were stationed at the post at Wildflecken, a former Displaced Persons camp. Poles were the primary residents. We initially stayed at the gasthaus on post, so to kill some time I went to the library and checked out a book on the place. I have not seen it since, but it was an excellent read. It primary deals with the Poles at Wildflecken, but it gets into the larger picture including finding a place in the world for these various groups of dislocated people. I found it very informative.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...the-wild-place
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011