Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 312

Thread: Gaza under attack by Israel

  1. #241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    Either Israel will kill between 200-300 million Arabs,Persians and Christians in the region or they will leave as they came.Nothing else will end the war that in the end the Arabs will win.The USA will not be able to sponsor their military forever and when the money stops coming it will be a battle of attrition.

    Israel has no friends except the USA and a lot of enemies.
    SO your solution is for all the jews to live? ... how about those who live their prior to 1948 or those displaced from Arab territories around the time Israel was created?

    The anti-semitic argument that all jews must leave completely ignores reality, Israel is going nowhere and neither is Palestine so a solution where both exist will have to be made...
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    When it comes to exposing America, would you trust America's government run media, or a third-party's government run media?
    neither
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

  4. #243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Sounds like the rhetoric before Auschwitz.
    really? , have they built the ovens even?

    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

  5. #244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    I would like to pose a question to everyone here who is pro Hamas, what in your opinion should the solution be with Israel and the Palestinians?
    Well I'm not pro-Hamas or Israel, just anti-aggression, and I don't see any solution to the situation other than magically convincing the people of the region to adopt the non-aggression principle and stop initiating force against each other.

    Saying Israel should get the land because it was stolen from their ancient ancestors is like China coming along and saying Native Americans have the right to claim most of North America and move us all into camps if they want because our ancestors stole it from theirs. It's stupid.

    At the same time, plenty of people have either been born in Israel or immigrated there with no malicious intent. Even if they're living on land taken from people still living, can you really kick them out? Maybe an argument could be made that those responsible for driving the former inhabitants out should provide compensation, but they will say they only took the land in self defense, or they were only following orders or something.

    It's a giant can of worms, and it only exists because of Western powers meddling where they shouldn't. Maybe the best course of action for us is to STOP meddling and let it take its natural course. Private citizens can go over there and spend their own money trying to defuse the situation if they want, but stop forcing us ALL to pay to sustain a situation with such an inherent lack of justice.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul


  6. #245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    SO your solution is for all the jews to live? ... how about those who live their prior to 1948 or those displaced from Arab territories around the time Israel was created?

    The anti-semitic argument that all jews must leave completely ignores reality, Israel is going nowhere and neither is Palestine so a solution where both exist will have to be made...
    Now see you see everything from a logical perspective,a solution that would make sense.But I coming from the Balkans can see it from the emotional perspective and in that perspective there is only either complete victory or complete defeat.

    There is no middle ground because no side will ever compromise after so much blood being spilled.We in the Balkans have been fighting for the same reasons as the ME for longer that the USA has been a country.Too much blood has been spilled to just let it go and compromise.Even if there is a compromise by this generation,the next ones will for certainly start a war for what they see as theirs )

    The problem with Israel and the Arabs is that the perceived goals that each side has can only be achieved by total annihilation of the other.For Palestine to win all the land possessed by Palestinians to be returned which can only be done if all Israelis leave,for Israel to win it would mean that all their neighbors are pacified and that means their annihilation .
    Last edited by Demigod; 11-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.

  7. #246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    SO your solution is for all the jews to live? ... how about those who live their prior to 1948 or those displaced from Arab territories around the time Israel was created?

    The anti-semitic argument that all jews must leave completely ignores reality, Israel is going nowhere and neither is Palestine so a solution where both exist will have to be made...
    How do you see his speculation on what might happen as his solution to this problem?

    In your original question on a "solution" you asked people who love Hamas (or words to that effect), and I choose not to answer because you loaded the question. I do not love or support Hamas, their "strategy" is stupid and they do some heinous things like executing their own people for various "transgressions."

    I do, however, support the Palestinians in their fight to get their land back and for those who can not, that they be compensated. They should also be compensated for over 60 years of suffering, if one could put a price on the lives taken and others destroyed.

    You worded the question that way intentionally in a less than brilliant attempt to "trap" someone and fling the "anti-semite" canard around. It's pretty weak hasbara.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

  8. #247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    really? , have they built the ovens even?


    Not that I know, but like the Germans they were very polite, for authoritiarians, when they "asked" them (jews) to board the trains / (muslims) to assemble themselves on restricted routes.

    http://history1900s.about.com/od/hol.../auschwitz.htm
    The people who were sent to the left, which was the majority of those who arrived at Auschwitz, were never told that they had been chosen for death. The entire mass murder system depended on keeping this secret from its victims. If the victims had known they were headed to their death, they would most definitely have fought back.

    But they didn't know, so the victims latched onto the hope that the Nazis wanted them to believe. Having been told that they were going to be sent to work, the masses of victims believed it when they were told they first needed to be disinfected and have showers.
    It wasn't until they got to the other side that they encountered the nightmare.
    Last edited by presence; 11-20-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen
    to set brush fires in peoples minds! Revolution is Action upon Revelation!

    The small green parakeet, Tito, was flung helplessly from the cage, landing on the floor. When a girl screamed, the officer sneerd:
    "F*** THE BIRD !!!"
    ...and stomped on it with his jackboot. READ MORE: http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/n...lugo-parakeet/


  9. #248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    How do you see his speculation on what might happen as his solution to this problem?

    In your original question on a "solution" you asked people who love Hamas (or words to that effect), and I choose not to answer because you loaded the question. I do not love or support Hamas, their "strategy" is stupid and they do some heinous things like executing their own people for various "transgressions."

    I do, however, support the Palestinians in their fight to get their land back and for those who can not, that they be compensated. They should also be compensated for over 60 years of suffering, if one could put a price on the lives taken and others destroyed.

    You worded the question that way intentionally in a less than brilliant attempt to "trap" someone and fling the "anti-semite" canard around. It's pretty weak hasbara.
    I don't think the question was a trap but he will only see one part of the answers.See he does not call the part about killing 200-300 million as genocide,a blood bath but he answers on the part about the Israelis leaving as a horrendous solution
    Last edited by Demigod; 11-20-2012 at 03:55 PM.

  10. #249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    really? , have they built the ovens even?

    Not yet but the concentration camps and ghettos are fully operational.


    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Not that I know, but like the Germans they were very polite, for authoritiarians, when they "asked" them (jews) to board the trains / (muslims) to assemble themselves on restricted routes.

    http://history1900s.about.com/od/hol.../auschwitz.htm


    It wasn't until they got to the other side that they encountered the nightmare.
    There were even parks around the camps with trees where they would let them relax while group after group went to the showers.That was in the start of the war when the Reich seemed to be wining,later on it all turned into a blood orgy with competitions which guard can kill more.

    In any case what I hate most about the Holocaust is how one part of the story is always on the front page and the other is hardly spoken.

    As much Slavs,Gypsies and other minorities from Eastern Europe were slaughtered in the camps but there is hardly a word written for them ever.
    Last edited by Demigod; 11-20-2012 at 03:55 PM.

  11. #250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    Well I'm not pro-Hamas or Israel, just anti-aggression, and I don't see any solution to the situation other than magically convincing the people of the region to adopt the non-aggression principle and stop initiating force against each other.

    Saying Israel should get the land because it was stolen from their ancient ancestors is like China coming along and saying Native Americans have the right to claim most of North America and move us all into camps if they want because our ancestors stole it from theirs. It's stupid.

    At the same time, plenty of people have either been born in Israel or immigrated there with no malicious intent. Even if they're living on land taken from people still living, can you really kick them out? Maybe an argument could be made that those responsible for driving the former inhabitants out should provide compensation, but they will say they only took the land in self defense, or they were only following orders or something.

    It's a giant can of worms, and it only exists because of Western powers meddling where they shouldn't. Maybe the best course of action for us is to STOP meddling and let it take its natural course. Private citizens can go over there and spend their own money trying to defuse the situation if they want, but stop forcing us ALL to pay to sustain a situation with such an inherent lack of justice.
    Exactly, how the state was created was certainly messed up in the first place, but it was british land.

    One thing that must be noted, since the creation of Israel the arabs tried to destroy it and run the jews out of there.

    Also Palestinian leaders aided Germany in the war for the sole purpose of getting rid of jews. It's hard to think one side will use reason when they want to wipe the other from the face of the earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    Now see you see everything from a logical perspective,a solution that would make sense.But I coming from the Balkans can see it from the emotional perspective and in that perspective there is only either complete victory or complete defeat.

    There is no middle ground because no side will ever compromise after so much blood being spilled.We in the Balkans have been fighting for the same reasons as the ME for longer that the USA has been a country.Too much blood has been spilled to just let it go and compromise.Even if there is a compromise by this generation,the next ones will for certainly start a war for what they see as theirs )

    The problem with Israel and the Arabs is that the perceived goals that each side has can only be achieved by total annihilation of the other.For Palestine to win all the land possessed by Palestinians to be returned which can only be done if all Israelis leave,for Israel to win it would mean that all their neighbors are pacified and that means their annihilation .
    Plenty of nations that have been at war for years finally reached peace terms, just look at all of Europe.
    As long as militant Hamas is in charge of Gaza that will never happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    How do you see his speculation on what might happen as his solution to this problem?

    In your original question on a "solution" you asked people who love Hamas (or words to that effect), and I choose not to answer because you loaded the question. I do not love or support Hamas, their "strategy" is stupid and they do some heinous things like executing their own people for various "transgressions."

    I do, however, support the Palestinians in their fight to get their land back and for those who can not, that they be compensated. They should also be compensated for over 60 years of suffering, if one could put a price on the lives taken and others destroyed.

    You worded the question that way intentionally in a less than brilliant attempt to "trap" someone and fling the "anti-semite" canard around. It's pretty weak hasbara.
    Well alot of people condemn Israel here completely ignoring the fact that if Hamas has been also attacking Israel non stop, so it is not a loaded question at all.
    THose condemning Israel expect to just stand by while Gaza continues sending rockets over?

    As for the Palestinians they can thank the neighboring countries that in 1948 told them, leave your lands, we will destroy Israel and you can return once the war is over... didn't quite work out that way. I wouldn't call it 60 years of suffering when Israel barely had weapons to defend itself in the first war they faced...

    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Not that I know, but like the Germans they were very polite, for authoritiarians, when they "asked" them (jews) to board the trains / (muslims) to assemble themselves on restricted routes.

    http://history1900s.about.com/od/hol.../auschwitz.htm


    It wasn't until they got to the other side that they encountered the nightmare.
    So you're saying Israel is creating work camps where they will systematically kill palestinians? Now is this palestinians in the West Bank also or only in Gaza?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    I don't think the question was a trap but he will only see one part of the answers.See he does not call the part about killing 200-300 million as genocide,a blood bath but he answers on the part about the Israelis leaving as a horrendous solution
    More than a horrendouse solution it's completely unrealistic.


    Israel by far is the most civilized country int he region and you can at least see a semblance of individual rights. Compared to their neighbors they have quite a free economy and have a quasi-capitalist system. Just today it was reported that Tel Aviv is top 3 in the world when it comes to internet start ups http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/20/sta...-lead-the-way/

    Compared to it's neighbors ruled by anti-science, anti-individual rights, dictators.(the arab spring just replaced dictators with other religious zealots)

    Just answer this in regards to Israel and it's neighbors:
    1. Where are gay people more accepted, Israel or arab countries?
    2. Why are women treated so poorly in neighboring countries?
    3. Who is more accepting of other religions and atheist/agnostics?

    Heck you have a sizable arab and muslim population in Israel, something you don't see in Arab countries when it comes to Jews.

    Israel would have no embargo or have no problem with Palestinian controlled territories if it weren't for the risk of suicide bomber and rockets. Palestinian leaders what nothing more than the complete annihilation of Israel and that is what prevent any meaningful change to happen. I am not saying Israel has no fault in this but it's hard to side with a theological militant group hell bent on making another Iran like state. At least Israel is a secular state for the most part...
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

  12. #251

    Default

    You know, when I was in Amman with my husband and his family, I somehow missed all this, tsetsefly. Maybe if I could have actually gone into Israel I would have developed a different opinion? I couldn't. They wouldn't let my husband in. His parents left in '48, and they couldn't go back even to see the place. I had to go the mountaintop, Nebo, to see what could be seen from there. Kinda felt like Moses. Couldn't cross the Jordan. I really enjoyed my time in Jordan, though. I'm not really sure what horrible conditions you think I should have experienced there.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

  13. #252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    Plenty of nations that have been at war for years finally reached peace terms, just look at all of Europe.
    As long as militant Hamas is in charge of Gaza that will never happen.
    There have been longer times of peace in Europe than the current 11 years old peace.Also the peace will last as long as the social programs last and as Europe is going more broke every year soon enough we will see the old ways coming back.

    Even today there are a dozen MAJOR separatist movements and almost every country has a region that wants to secede and most have 2 or more.
    Some countries are over ran with immigrants that are treated as second class citizens and are a land mine waiting to explode.
    Not to even mention all the old region disputes and blood debt that are just waiting to be reopened

    Europe is a time bomb.This is why every European laughed when the EU got the Peace Prize because EU has only made everything worse.

    .
    Last edited by Demigod; 11-20-2012 at 05:12 PM.

  14. #253

    Default

    tsetsefly, it would behoove you to read a few articles:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...end-themselves

    http://antiwar.com/blog/2012/11/11/i...ho-started-it/

    I'd provide more links, but my internet connection is particularly slow today. Read the articles, you really need to.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

  15. #254

    Default

    I did have a conversation with some young Palestinian men about the issue of Israel while I was in the ME. At the end of the conversation the pulled out a...

    guitar...

    and we all sang this song together:

    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

  16. #255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Sounds like the rhetoric before Auschwitz.


    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/k2siil
    "And when you get back, don't be surprised to see a nice Jewish family now lives in your home. Too bad for you!"
    .[QUOTE]"Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won." - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]
    ..
    .

    I blog at Red State Eclectic, and I tweet here,.

  17. #256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post

    As much Slavs,Gypsies and other minorities from Eastern Europe were slaughtered in the camps but there is hardly a word written for them ever.
    When I was in Germany, my friend's child got all big-eyed when she saw a black person. My friend said there weren't many blacks in Germany, since the Nazi's. I had no idea! So I started reading, and found all the groups you listed, plus others (Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind) were also victims of the holocaust.

    I pointed that out to an evangelical once, ad was accused of lying. Because I am anti-semitic.

    It was unreal - like the fact that the Jews weren't the only persecuted group was somehow offensive to the Jews.

    I still don't get it.
    .[QUOTE]"Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won." - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]
    ..
    .

    I blog at Red State Eclectic, and I tweet here,.

  18. #257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    When I was in Germany, my friend's child got all big-eyed when she saw a black person.
    Reminds me of when my little brother was first exposed to a dark skinned person. Age 3 he came out of the hotel swimming pool screaming to mom, veins sticking out of neck, "they're gonna make the pool all dirty". Self? Exit stage left. Definitely "Top 10 Most Embarrassing Moments" material.

    /facepalm
    Last edited by presence; 11-20-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen
    to set brush fires in peoples minds! Revolution is Action upon Revelation!

    The small green parakeet, Tito, was flung helplessly from the cage, landing on the floor. When a girl screamed, the officer sneerd:
    "F*** THE BIRD !!!"
    ...and stomped on it with his jackboot. READ MORE: http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/n...lugo-parakeet/


  19. #258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    You know, when I was in Amman with my husband and his family, I somehow missed all this, tsetsefly. Maybe if I could have actually gone into Israel I would have developed a different opinion? I couldn't. They wouldn't let my husband in. His parents left in '48, and they couldn't go back even to see the place. I had to go the mountaintop, Nebo, to see what could be seen from there. Kinda felt like Moses. Couldn't cross the Jordan. I really enjoyed my time in Jordan, though. I'm not really sure what horrible conditions you think I should have experienced there.
    I don't what the point of this is, I think they should be let in.

    Israelis can't enter arab countries, just to play in Dubai 3 Israeli tennis players where finally allowed to play after the ATP threatened to move the tournament out of there if they were discriminated.
    In fact I don't think you can enter neighboring countries after you have visited Israel.
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

  20. #259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    There have been longer times of peace in Europe than the current 11 years old peace.Also the peace will last as long as the social programs last and as Europe is going more broke every year soon enough we will see the old ways coming back.

    Even today there are a dozen MAJOR separatist movements and almost every country has a region that wants to secede and most have 2 or more.
    Some countries are over ran with immigrants that are treated as second class citizens and are a land mine waiting to explode.
    Not to even mention all the old region disputes and blood debt that are just waiting to be reopened

    Europe is a time bomb.This is why every European laughed when the EU got the Peace Prize because EU has only made everything worse.

    .
    I wasn't even refering to this century or the last one...

    As for the immigrants, you are right and unfortunately a lot of those immigrants are muslim immigrants who can't grasp the concept of separation of church and state...
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

  21. #260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    I wasn't even refering to this century or the last one...

    As for the immigrants, you are right and unfortunately a lot of those immigrants are muslim immigrants who can't grasp the concept of separation of church and state...

    оф боже со кој сум нашол да си трошам време.

  22. #261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Reminds me of when my little brother was first exposed to a dark skinned person. Age 3 he came out of the hotel swimming pool screaming to mom, veins sticking out of neck, "they're gonna make the pool all dirty". Self? Exit stage left. Definitely "Top 10 Most Embarrassing Moments" material.

    /facepalm
    He must of thought they were white and just really dirty. Though it is hard to believe the little tyke didn't see them on TV before that.

  23. #262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    tsetsefly, it would behoove you to read a few articles:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...end-themselves

    http://antiwar.com/blog/2012/11/11/i...ho-started-it/

    I'd provide more links, but my internet connection is particularly slow today. Read the articles, you really need to.
    I can understand the Israeli blockade. THe fact is if the blockaed is lifted and Hamas is truly given free reign over Gaza what do you think is going to happen?

    They will open markets and form a with quasi-individual rights? no, more likely they will they install a theological Iran like regime, continue to terrorize their own citizens and build up a military to attack Israel.

    Or what is your solution to the problem? Have the US intervene and attack Israel or even better the UN?
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

  24. #263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    When I was in Germany, my friend's child got all big-eyed when she saw a black person. My friend said there weren't many blacks in Germany, since the Nazi's. I had no idea! So I started reading, and found all the groups you listed, plus others (Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind) were also victims of the holocaust.

    I pointed that out to an evangelical once, ad was accused of lying. Because I am anti-semitic.

    It was unreal - like the fact that the Jews weren't the only persecuted group was somehow offensive to the Jews.

    I still don't get it.
    I don't know when or where in Germany you went, but there are quite a few african immigrants living there, and have been for the last 10 years...
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

  25. #264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    I don't what the point of this is, I think they should be let in.

    Israelis can't enter arab countries, just to play in Dubai 3 Israeli tennis players where finally allowed to play after the ATP threatened to move the tournament out of there if they were discriminated.
    In fact I don't think you can enter neighboring countries after you have visited Israel.
    You made the comment that
    Israel by far is the most civilized country int he region...
    and so on. I guess I can't compare degrees of civility since I wasn't afforded that opportunity, but I most definitely did not find Jordan uncivilized. You say Israel is more civilized. I guess I'll have to take your word for that, but what I cannot accept is the insinuations that the Palestinian people are somehow inferior to the rest of humanity, that they cannot be mentioned without the mention of suicide bombers and rockets. I just didn't happen to see any of that. I saw a community built upon the family unit, and they were very strong, caring families. I do try not to be collectivist as much as possible. I saw a group of individuals, many, but nonetheless, I didn't meet each and every Palestinian who has ever lived. I'm sure there are some whose company I would not have enjoyed as much. But hey, I know some less than stellar folks here in the US of A, too. I would hope the world would not judge the entire nation based on the actions of a few. I try very hard to reciprocate.

    I have nothing whatsoever against Israelis, but I'm growing really tired of the seemingly endless claims that they are a people somehow superior to Palestinians.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

  26. #265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    You made the comment that and so on. I guess I can't compare degrees of civility since I wasn't afforded that opportunity, but I most definitely did not find Jordan uncivilized. You say Israel is more civilized. I guess I'll have to take your word for that, but what I cannot accept is the insinuations that the Palestinian people are somehow inferior to the rest of humanity, that they cannot be mentioned without the mention of suicide bombers and rockets. I just didn't happen to see any of that. I saw a community built upon the family unit, and they were very strong, caring families. I do try not to be collectivist as much as possible. I saw a group of individuals, many, but nonetheless, I didn't meet each and every Palestinian who has ever lived. I'm sure there are some whose company I would not have enjoyed as much. But hey, I know some less than stellar folks here in the US of A, too. I would hope the world would not judge the entire nation based on the actions of a few. I try very hard to reciprocate.

    I have nothing whatsoever against Israelis, but I'm growing really tired of the seemingly endless claims that they are a people somehow superior to Palestinians.
    Jordan is far more progressive than it's neighbours ironically they where among the first if no the first to sign a peace agreement with ISrael, and has there been any conflict between them?
    As for Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, the PA and Hamas etc. they are far from tolerant nations.

    As for superiority, no one is making the claim that Israelis are superior to palestinians, I'm certainly not. I don't know how you're reading that from the whole situation/debate in general.

    THe debate is basically, do you think Israel has a right to exist? I believe they do, a Hamas controlled gaza believes the opposite. There can be no peace until they come to grips with the fact that Israel is here to stay. If they have a gripe with that, they should be bombing the brits and any nation that voted for Israel in the UN resolution...

    That is why I asked, what is the solution? I believe most people who are against Israel here think it does not have a right to exist and the solution is to:

    Last edited by tsetsefly; 11-20-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

  27. #266
    Stop the Looting and Start Prosecuting! Gold plated Tungsten IS Money!
    We Must Dissent A colher não existe.
    A government is just a body of people, notably, usually, ungoverned.

    "You mean this entire war started because The Empire dressed as the enemy? That's exactly what happened in the last major war! Our government is so stupid!"

  28. #267
    Member awake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,356
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Right to exist? Tell that to the generations of dead innocent men , women and children...Peace will happen when the US stops funding and blindly backing Israel. Strict non intervention.

  29. #268

    Default

    This video is being scrubbed from the internet. Watch it before it no longer exists.


    I watched a mirror of this earlier today which had close to 10,000 views. I was planning on posting it. Youtube removed it. Here is the link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CJ8yeZcgV3E
    "The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern. Every class is unfit to govern."
    ~Lord Acton

    “Do not conquer the world with force, for force only causes resistance. Thorns spring up when an army passes. Years of misery follow a great victory. Do only what needs to be done without using violence.” ~Lao Tzu

  30. #269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsetsefly View Post
    Jordan is far more progressive than it's neighbours ironically they where among the first if no the first to sign a peace agreement with ISrael, and has there been any conflict between them?
    As for Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, the PA and Hamas etc. they are far from tolerant nations.

    As for superiority, no one is making the claim that Israelis are superior to palestinians, I'm certainly not. I don't know how you're reading that from the whole situation/debate in general.

    THe debate is basically, do you think Israel has a right to exist? I believe they do, a Hamas controlled gaza believes the opposite. There can be no peace until they come to grips with the fact that Israel is here to stay. If they have a gripe with that, they should be bombing the brits and any nation that voted for Israel in the UN resolution...

    That is why I asked, what is the solution? I believe most people who are against Israel here think it does not have a right to exist and the solution is to:
    I am not against Israel. I am for the rights of individuals. All individuals have the right to life. All of them.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

  31. #270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    I am not against Israel. I am for the rights of individuals. All individuals have the right to life. All of them.
    No one is disputing that.

    I asked what do you think the solution is?
    and if you think Israel has the right to exist?
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

    Newt Gingrich


    TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

    Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!


    Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •