Thread: Ron Paul Supporters Still Being Purged by Johnsonite Mods at DailyPaul

Ron Paul Supporters Still Being Purged by Johnsonite Mods at DailyPaul

A Ron Paul write-in advocate during the election has been blocked from publishing at DailyPaul.com, indicating that there are still anti-write-in, Johnson mods unpublishing content selectively. This would be the second time a on the subject of Ron Paul write-in support has been unpublished.

She posted on my behalf, as I have been blocked and banned as well for the crime of advocating Ron Paul write-ins in states where those votes will be counted. The poster, Sue4theBillofrights, has done much for the write-in Ron Paul movement. The following is the complete text of the "unpublished" post, which was linked here: http://www.dailypaul.com/262838/jame...ry-mild-speech

Can anyone contact Nystrom and ask what is going on? Worst of all, there has not been the courtesy of any kind of explanation for these actions.

--------------
    "James_Madison_Lives Banned" Protest Has Been "Unpublished," Ron Paul Would Not Stifle This Ordinary, Mild Speech

Submitted by Sue4theBillofrights on Mon, 11/12/2012 - 15:43
    in

Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    DP Original

This post has been "unpublished" by some mod sometime in the middle of the night, error reads: "If you think your post has been erroneously unpublished by the spam filter, please let the mods know." It had 6 up-votes by the wee hours.

There is no spam filter error. The post was protesting the blocking and banning of James_Madison_Lives for the post below, and a post alerting Daily Paulers of a deadline for submitting official Ron Paul write-in declarations. Now I feel that I am next. The post is not offensive, as you can see. Please write to Mr. Nystrom to lodge your objections. I will go straight to Dr. Paul about this if need be. This should not be happening under his name.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-DailyPaul.com

Why is James_Madison_Lives Still Blocked for Posting This Pro-Write-In Paul Post?

Submitted by Sue4theBillofrights on Mon, 11/12/2012 - 02:14

Someone with mod powers banned and blocked James_Madison_Lives right after he posted the below post, republished at RonPaulForums. He has emailed me. This is after a thread was deleted which alerted Paulers to a deadline for submitting official Ron Paul write-in declarations.

QUESTION: Why is JML still banned? He has been a popular contributing member here for years. Now his post history page is "access denied." Here is one of his posts. What happened in this "bastion of free speech" during the Johnson takeover? I want an explanation. (note: I have a back up of this saved and ready to post at RPF in case I suddenly get blocked and access denied too. I wouldn't be a true Ron Pauler if I just rolled over and died. We fight.)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...8945-War-at-Da...

Mr. Nystrom: Please Update Policy or Change the Name of the Site

By James_Madison_Lives

Hi Michael. Hope you are well. I'm writing because I have been coming to Daily Paul for awhile to learn, discuss, and support Congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul. It certainly made sense that a place called "Daily Paul" would be the right place. Now I have a hard time doing this, because it is not about Ron Paul anymore but a certain Libertarian candidate whom I won't name.

But first let us examine the possible parameters of one thing we all hold dear, free speech. It is admirable and fitting that on a Ron Paul site, speech would be hallowed. And it is. So the next question is, does it fit into a website which hallows free speech to constrain the parameters of that speech? I submit, good sir, that it does.

Now it would be peculiar if a handful of stock car, NASCAR racing aficionados, were to gather enough numbers to vote enough articles up to make this look like this was a NASCAR site. Would that be right? Naturally an article here or there about Danila Whatsername, or whoever that hot babe race car driver is, would be welcomed. We are not afraid of free speech and we like variety. The question is at what point, in a concerted assault, does Daily Paul become Daily NASCAR?

If I want to discuss and learn about the thinking, writings, policies, campaign strategies, and the general politics of Richard Petty, I'll go to Richard Petty dot com.

Let us see what others have done when confronted with the same problem. One example is one of our nemesis, the evil orange empire, Daily Kos (yes sign of the cross here!) They as well had numerous episodes of hijack, in which a cabal of gleeful partisans, non-Democrats, caused holy hell and took over the thread lists and had operator names going to utterly derail any discussion about Democrats, which Markos, who owned the servers and the bandwidth, wanted it to be about. He finally put out a mission statement:

This is a Democratic blog, a partisan blog. One that recognizes that Democrats run from left to right on the ideological spectrum, and yet we're all still in this fight together...It's a Democratic blog with one goal in mind: electoral victory.

Marko's ball, Marko's call. More over it made sense, since sticking to a topic of discussion is a very reasonable way to run a discussion without impinging on free speech. When a person gets off the topic now and then, no problem. When too many do over and over, perhaps it is time for the founders to say, you are in the wrong place.

It is neither fair nor right to allow anyone but Ron Paul to profit, trade, and imply some endorsement by overwhelming a site using Ron Paul's name. I propose that this site clarify that it is a vehicle for the discussion of the thinking, writings, and campaign news for Ron Paul, dedicated, as that devil Markos might say, to the electoral victory of Ron Paul. We say this about his write-in campaigns now, and about Dr. Paul's possible run for president in 2016 as he hinted on the Jay Leno Show.

It's not fair. I came here to read about Ron Paul.

JML

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-DailyPaul.com
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 11-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Read through some of Nystroms old posts. He seems to strongly agree with what is going on there at the DP.

ehhhhhhhhh, this is a different site.

I stopped reading when I got to this point:

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    I will go straight to Dr. Paul about this if need be.
    Dr. Paul deserves better than this.

I haz teh sad.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Strong anti-Johnson sentiment in this forum.

As I've suggested all along the mods should just allow everyone to coexist. Last I checked, I've been in this movement for years... before it even made it onto the internet.... and I've been a supporter of both Ron and Gary. They are not mutually exclusive.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

When was the last time you heard Ron Paul ask for our write-in votes?

There's something to be said for banding together and letting our combined weight be felt. There's also something to be said for unrestricted speech, too. They sets up their forums and they makes their choices...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

As I've suggested all along the mods should just allow everyone to coexist. Last I checked, I've been in this movement for years... before it even made it onto the internet.... and I've been a supporter of both Ron and Gary. They are not mutually exclusive.
    ^ No but the two parties are and until it's recognized that one is a vehicle towards real change and the other is a glorified social club then we won't be able to get anywhere.

The LP is a joke, and it's high time the 100s of thousands of members of the LP take their creativity, motivation, smarts, and balls over to a party that actually matters and instead fight the 2-party system by driving the NeoCon influence OUT of it completely.

If you really want to break the 2-party system then you should join it, acquire the ability to change things, and BANISH all political parties forever with an amendment.
    Last edited by NoOneButPaul; 11-12-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Ron Paul supporters are being purged right here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hold your roll before you make assumptions and jump to conclusions. No one even brought up the different parties. I certainly didn't.

Fact of the matter is, in most states, Ron's name wasn't even counted if you wrote it in. If you're going to crucify people for voting for the LP because they were actually on the ballot, you're way out of line. Check your ego at the door, please.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    ^ No but the two parties are and until it's recognized that one is a vehicle towards real change and the other is a glorified social club then we won't be able to get anywhere.

The LP is a joke, and it's high time the 100s of thousands of members of the LP take their creativity, motivation, smarts, and balls over to a party that actually matters and instead fight the 2-party system by driving the NeoCon influence OUT of it completely.

If you really want to break the 2-party system then you should join it, acquire the ability to change things, and BANISH all political parties forever with an amendment.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

@OP:
    Dude you posted things like "U will be smashed by the weight of the Sequoia tree of Liberty". You pissed some of them off; and it doesn't matter if they came into your threads first, It's always the guy who throws the second blow who gets popped for fighting.

This. Though, I will say this forum was originally very supportive of other liberty candidates. Especially in 2008 when Ron himself endorsed "Every party but the two." But then again, a few of our current mods weren't even registered here during that time

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

There's something to be said for banding together and letting our combined weight be felt. There's also something to be said for unrestricted speech, too. They sets up their forums and they makes their choices...

A Ron Paul write-in advocate during the election has been blocked from publishing at DailyPaul.com, indicating that there are still anti-write-in, Johnson mods unpublishing content selectively. This would be the second time a on the subject of Ron Paul write-in support has been unpublished.

She posted on my behalf, as I have been blocked and banned as well for the crime of advocating Ron Paul write-ins in states where those votes will be counted. The poster, Sue4theBillofrights, has done much for the write-in Ron Paul movement. The following is the complete text of the "unpublished" post, which was linked here: http://www.dailypaul.com/262838/jame...ry-mild-speech

Can anyone contact Nystrom and ask what is going on? Worst of all, there has not been the courtesy of any kind of explanation for these actions.
    Oh geez . Your banning had nothing to do with purging RP supporters at DP. You were tossed off of Daily Paul because you kept promoting that snake oil salesman Richard Gilbert and his hairbrained scams. DP smelled his bull$#@! long ago. If I was mod I would have banned you here also for persisting with Richard Gilbert's BS.
    Last edited by PatriotOne; 11-12-2012 at 03:59 PM.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Wow, something stupid is going down over at the DP. Here's hoping the cancer doesn't spread to here. My two cents: I agree with above; Ron and John were interchangeable in the 2012 election. Where folks could write in Paul, I'm glad to know that many did. Where folks couldn't, I'm glad to know that folks voted Johnson or wrote in Paul for the hell of it. 2012 was not an election, it was a debacle. Fingers can fly at the GOP for their treatment of Paul, and fingers can fly at the DNC for being, well, for being the DNC. Obama is and was a stuttering cluster$#@! of a miserable failure.

By 2016, we will have seen Tom Davis, Rand Paul, or someone we don't even know about yet, rise to prominence among us and carry the ball another ten yards. Stifling debate by the DP banning folks posting about GJ, or infighting among ourselves over the same matter, is just begging the cancer to come our way.

Candidates who seek to represent and not lead, to heed and not just to hear, are welcome to come before us and seek our blessing. If there's one thing 2012 proved, it is this: liberty lovers are far more powerful then they, and the establishment, ever gave them credit for. Let's claim it.
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    Ron Paul supporters are being purged right here.
    bye cajun

thanks to ron paul supporters, gary johnson almost got 1%...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously though, this forum needs to stop banning supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    I am I
    Are you he?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    thanks to ron paul supporters, gary johnson almost got 1%...
    Not much of an interest rate. Sales tax is more than 6% here.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    @OP:
    Dude you posted things like "U will be smashed by the weight of the Sequoia tree of Liberty". You pissed some of them off; and it doesn't matter if they came into your threads first, It's always the guy who throws the second blow who gets popped for fighting.
    Who said "U will be smashed by the weight of the Sequoia tree of Liberty". Give the link. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Oh geez . Your banning had nothing to do with purging RP supporters at DP. You were tossed off of Daily Paul because you kept promoting that snake oil salesman Richard Gilbert and his hairbrained scams. DP smelled his bull$#@! long ago. If I was mod I would have banned you here also for persisting with Richard Gilbert's BS.
    It's Daily Paul, remember? It is ok to talk about write-in efforts, and what you consider to be a "scam" is irrelevant, like you. If it is a scam then open discussion will reveal it, not you acting as Minister of Truth and unilaterally censoring speech.

Who said "U will be smashed by the weight of the Sequoia tree of Liberty". Give the link. Thanks.
    Sorry, it was a different person. I got you mixed up because you have similar styles:

WE ARE THE RON PAUL R[3]VOLUTION.

You have absolutely no idea of who you are messing with.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

I would never "stab" anyone in the "back". It would be a Frontal Assault.

Neither would I go spam The Daily Johnson - even if it existed, and it does not exist because NONE OF YOU "Turecas" have ever done anything of substance.

I was raised by WORLD-CLASS WARRIORS.

We are a Secoya Liberty Tree that is about to fall on you.

We Are The R[3]VOLUTION Bulldozer That Will Run Over You.

RON PAUL R[3]VOLUTION!
    http://www.dailypaul.com/260875#comment-2815168

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Never, of course.

Ron Paul didn't want write-in votes. If he had, it would have been a simple procedure to register as a write-in candidate.

He didn't bother to do so, even in a huge state like Texas (his home state).

So his vote total in Texas was ZERO, even though some people probably wasted their time and "wrote him in"- if the candidate doesn't register as a write-in, you may as well write in "MICKEY MOUSE" for all the good it does.

Official 2012 election returns for the state of Texas- note that you won't find Ron Paul's name anywhere on this page:

https://team1.sos.state.tx.us/enr/re..._164_state.htm

And for those who think "well, they just haven't counted the write-ins yet," here are the results from 2008, where Ron Paul also got ZERO votes despite the pleas that we "write him in."

http://elections.sos.state.tx.us/elchist.exe

Though I'm not sure how important this discussion is, given that the election is over.

It's Daily Paul, remember? It is ok to talk about write-in efforts
    Do you have MPD or something? Your original post is all about you being censored for your Richard Gilbert write in campaign efforts. And yet now you say that had nothing to do with it. You just liked to throw in it was because you are a Ron Paul supporter and are being purged from the evil DP on top of it to see if you can get some sympathy. None here to be found.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.