Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul 2016: Republicans Join or Die

Rand Paul 2016: Republicans Join or Die

Inspired from this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...16-Join-or-Die.

http://defeattheprogressos.blogspot.com/

Visit The Shop at Cafe Press:

Rand Paul 2016 Join Or Die and I # Stand with Rand Bumper Stickers:

$3.99

$4.19 (price for 1, bulk discounts available)

Truth:[/B] If the Republican Party fails move towards a liberty oriented political platform then they will no longer be relevant in national politics. The liberty message is what young people embrace, it is what draws them towards conservatism and it is the future of the Republican Party. That is, if the Republican Party expects to survive. If they want to win another Presidential election, ever, the party must focus on limited and constitutional government at the national level.

Rand Paul is the candidate who can bring the most excitement, cast the net furthest and embrace the most diverse audience. Rand Paul's father started the movement that began the Tea Party. Yet Rand Paul already has a senate record of protecting our constitutional civil liberties that could even get a few on the left excited after a far from fantastic record from President Obama.

Use the next four years to educate yourself, your friends and your family about personal liberty, Austrian Economics, monetary policy, the Constitution and foreign policy.

2016 can be the year for liberty. No, it must be.

More Colors Available on Dark and Light clothing, 10 and 50 packs on the bumper stickers, see link above.

$3.99 $36.99

$17.99 (white)
    Or $17.99 (light colors) $22.49 (Dark Colors)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Join,_or_Die

"Join, or Die" is a well-known political cartoon, created by Benjamin Franklin and first published in his Pennsylvania Gazette on May 9, 1754.[1] The original publication by the Gazette is the earliest known pictorial representation of colonial union produced by a British colonist in America.[2] It is a woodcut showing a snake severed into eighths, with each segment labeled with the initials of a British American colony or region. New England was represented as one segment, rather than the four colonies it was at that time. In addition, Delaware and Georgia were omitted completely. Thus, it has 8 segments of snake rather than the traditional 13 colonies.[3] The cartoon appeared along with Franklin's editorial about the "disunited state" of the colonies, and helped make his point about the importance of colonial unity. During that era, there was a superstition that a snake which had been cut into pieces would come back to life if the pieces were put together before sunset.[citation needed]
    The cartoon became a symbol of colonial freedom during the American Revolutionary War.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-25-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Where's the head?

I like the graphic a lot, though. An alternative would be to use Franklin's original, only take out the state designations. Then under it you could put Rand Paul 2016.

I assume the original is in the public domain. A great plus to it is that it's more easily recognizable, so no one has to connect the dots. Plus, leaving the word 'Republicans' out of it would have broader appeal.

Just a thought.....inspired by your rendering,of course!

Edit: What I'm suggesting would involve some altering of the original's proportions to work as a bumper sticker. I would dummy one up but don't have the software to tinker with.
    Last edited by jay_dub; 11-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

First things first---Rand has to mend fences with many Ron Paul supporters who were totally disgusted by his endorsement of Romney. That will take a bit. But the bulk of the above case is fine. The liberty movement must cause the GOP some pain, which has already happened with the defeat of Mitt, and point out that milquetoast moderates have had their day. We should now insist that "it's our turn" when it comes to the 2014 and 2016 cycles. As I recall, the Reaganites made the same pitch to the Rockefeller Republicans in the late '70's, and by doing so, won by '80.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 11-12-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    First things first---Rand has to mend fences with many Ron Paul supporters who were totally disgusted by his endorsement of Romney. That will take a bit. But the bulk of the above case is fine. The liberty movement must cause the GOP some pain, which has already happened with the defeat of Mitt, and point out that milquetoast moderates have had their day. We should now insist that "it's our turn" when it comes to the 2014 and 2016 cycles. As I recall, the Reaganites made the same pitch to the Rockefeller Republicans in the late '70's, and by doing so, won by '80.
    I'm not totally sold on Rand at this time (taking a wait and see attitude), but danno has a great promotional idea. And really, who else CAN we promote at this time?

It's never too soon to promote liberty. If we could promote Rand as being the standard bearer for liberty, we could indirectly influence him to be that very thing.

I'm watching closely how all our elected officials respond to the upcoming fiscal cliff. That will be very telling in who I look to as our next crop of leaders.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

Quote Originally Posted by jay_dub View Post
    Where's the head?
    It's the lower case 'L'.

An alternative would be to use Franklin's original, only take out the state designations.
    Actually, I'd even keep the state designations. More "authentic" that way. Though I really like this one, too. But the original would be more recognizeable.

Maybe offer both? I'm not sure how these Cafe Press type things work, though, so I don't know if that would impose excessive difficulties or expenses.

Plus, leaving the word 'Republicans' out of it would have broader appeal.
    True. But before we start worrying about matters of general appeal, the GOP has to be addressed (primaries and all that).

So the "Republicans: Join, or Die" makes more sense for the time being. It could always be changed later, I imagine.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

shouldn't this be in the Rand Paul forum? JK
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Killing them is a little harsh don't you think?

Jking obviously agree with your point.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where's the head?
    The "l" on Rand Paul is the head, the tail is in the "R"

Updated the OP, thanks torch

We're getting a little bit ahead of ourselves. We don't even know if Rand wants to run in 2016.

Good work Dannno. I've changed my avatar. I was an early supporter of Rand, and the first to realize the pros and cons of his "appeal to the teocons" strategy. I will go forward being "cautiously optimistic".
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

thanks!

If you like it remember to checkout the bumper sticker, t-shirt and hoodie in the OP.

bump

he's unelectable sorry....presidential elections are all about personality and image. Look at Reagan, the grandfatherly Hollywood actor, Bush the folksy "compassionate conservative", Obama the "first black president".

Rand needs to focus on building a coalition and influencing the party to become more libertarian
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    he's unelectable sorry....presidential elections are all about personality and image. Look at Reagan, the grandfatherly Hollywood actor, Bush the folksy "compassionate conservative", Obama the "first black president".

Rand needs to focus on building a coalition and influencing the party to become more libertarian
    Rand has plenty of personality, in my opinion. He comes across as being a common man, which people can relate to. He won't be seen as an out of touch elitist like Romney.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he's unelectable sorry....presidential elections are all about personality and image.
    Unelectable? Seriously? Who died and made you Fox News?

Look at Reagan, the grandfatherly Hollywood actor, Bush the folksy "compassionate conservative", Obama the "first black president".
    'Tricky Dick' Nixon the glowering ratfucker, Bush Sr. the doubletalking CIA douchebag, Johnson the homely, gladhanding, career Senator...

And the 'bully pulpit' is just the place for him to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    First things first---Rand has to mend fences with many Ron Paul supporters who were totally disgusted by his endorsement of Romney.
    Just damn. Don't we have enough problems getting a principled conservative the nomination without demanding he piss off 85% of the rank and file? I say his 'endorsement' was plenty lukewarm enough, thank you.

This is about our liberty and our nation, not our fragile egos. If his votes are right, we're damned fools not to do everything we possibly can to put him in the White House.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-12-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Rand endorsed ROmney... but he took shots at Romney during the general elections. Not like he praised romney all through the elections.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Updated the OP, thanks torch

knowing is half the battle.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

[...] Obama the "first black president" [...]
    Bill Clinton was the "first black president." Didn't you know?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Bill Clinton was the "first black president." Didn't you know?
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

bump

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    I never realized how horribly he played that instrument. And the idiot gallery just cheers him on....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't like the word "Republicans." Rand should be able to draw a lot of blue dog Democrats. Just like the "Reagan Democrats" of 1980.We want a huge tent. Should just say Rand Paul 2016 Join Or Die.
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-13-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Should just say Rand Paul 2016 Join Or Die.
    Hmm well I guess it did work for Puff Daddy...

Last edited by orenbus; 11-13-2012 at 12:26 AM.

presidential elections are all about personality and image.
    Rand has the exclusive rights to the libertarian freedom fighter image. He has evolved into a very engaging orator. Plus by 2016 people will be voting for whomever they believe can take us out of the financial Armageddon of 2013-2014.

very cool banner

Edit this video imo:

Bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast