Thread: Israel Shells Syria in "Warning"

Israel Shells Syria in "Warning"

The IDF fired a warning shot at the Syrian military on Sunday, after a Syrian shell landed in the Golan Heights for the second time in recent days.

Israel has not fired at Syria since the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

"In the midst of Syrian infighting, a mortar shell fired by the Syrian army struck near an outpost at Tel Hazeka," IDF spokesman Brig.-Gen. Yoav Mordechai said. The shell failed to cause injuries or damages.
    "In light of the policy instituted by IDF Chief of Staff, Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz, a warning round was fired back into Syria. We don't believe it caused injuries or damages," Mordechai added.
    At the same time, Israel sent a warning message to the UN, saying that any further firing into Israel will result "in a real response," sources added.
    Israel limited its return fire, since its policy is to only fire intensively in response to coming under major Syrian fire. "We didn't continue firing because this was one mortar we were responding to," the source said.
    "We will not accept any firing into our territory," he added. "This was a signal to the Syrians, that we will not be so forgiving of everything that lands in a territory." The source stressed that as of now, Israel and Syria were not a in a conflict situation

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=291326

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Israel has not fired at Syria since the 1973 Yom Kippur War.
    I wonder if this will snowball.

The Syrian government is fighting for their lives right now. I'm not sure what purpose it would serve for them to fire on Israel. Does anyone else smell a rat?
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    The Syrian government is fighting for their lives right now. I'm not sure what purpose it would serve for them to fire on Israel. Does anyone else smell a rat?
    It's being blamed on Hamas according to Israel. So CNN says......

“The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

They are trying to goad anyone into invading them. It united the Russians under Stalin, it united the Americans under Bush, it united... and my brain has failed. But its classic country unification move, they just need to false flag it properly.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

They didn't fire on Israel they fired on the Golan Heights which is Syrian territory.

I saw a news report saying that syria fired on isreal....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I saw a news report saying that syria fired on isreal....

Yes. Syria fired on Israel First.

Drudge Report:

ISRAEL FIRES BACK AT SYRIA...

Syria launched shells into Golan Heights...

Residents live 'routine of rockets'...

UK troops 'may be sent to Syrian borders'..
    Last edited by FrankRep; 11-12-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by marc1888 View Post
    They didn't fire on Israel they fired on the Golan Heights which is Syrian territory.
    I was just headed out to the internet to look that up. I'm not a big Israel wonk, but IIRC the Golan Heights is recognized as Syrian territory by everybody except Israel, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Yes. Syria fired on Israel First.
    The Golan Heights doesn't belong to Israel.

Whats in golan heights that syria would want to hit?

Quote Originally Posted by marc1888 View Post
    Good point. Syria has wanted their land back ever since the Israelis stole it, but they've always tried to get it back through negotiations since the '73 war.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I was just headed out to the internet to look that up. I'm not a big Israel wonk, but IIRC the Golan Heights is recognized as Syrian territory by everybody except Israel, isn't it?
    Israel recognises it as Syrian territory but refuses to hand it back. Strategically its vital but it also provides 1/3 of Israel's water which is the most important thing in that region that all the players ignore publicly.

you guys might find this interesting:

Greatest tank battles: Golan Heights (netflix also has it)

part 1 of 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DC6fBPJBo

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Whats in golan heights that syria would want to hit?
    A ski resort and a winery.

Mount Hermon

As Israel's only ski resort, Mount Hermon can get pretty crowded during high season. Located in the Golan Heights bordering Syria, this 6,000-foot mountain boasts 28 miles of ski trails, from bunny slopes to two Olympic-standard ski runs, as well as a ski school and glass-enclosed restaurant. While you're in the area, tour the Golan Heights Winery in the town of Katzrin and sample its award-winning labels, Yarden, Gamla, and Golan. The winery is owned by eight kibbutzim and moshavim (collective farms) whose vineyards stretch from the foot of Mount Hermon to the Sea of Galilee.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08...m/source/2.htm
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.