Thread: 2020: Rand Paul's America

2020: Rand Paul's America

Check out this awesome fictional news article! It's set in 2020 and examines what America would look like after 4 years of a Rand Paul presidency. Pretty inspiring! Spread this link around:

http://thelibertariangeek.wordpress....pauls-america/
    DRAFT JUSTIN AMASH 2020
    http://www.DraftAmash.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HA! That was awesome! Thanks and +rep.

I don't know if I'd agree with everything in there, but it was well thought out. (Rand would win IA, OH, and PA... just sayin')
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

The author forgot to mention that this would be the first time a Republican has won the Presidency without Ohio.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    The author forgot to mention that this would be the first time a Republican has won the Presidency without Ohio.
    Yeah, I think Rand would take Ohio - it's Florida I'd be worried about.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Aside from the fact that by 2020, we probably won't even be called the United States anymore... we will have 26 Trillion in debt by then, interest on that debt will eat most of what's left of the GDP, and the great depression will look like the roaring 20's by comparison...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, I think Rand would take Ohio - it's Florida I'd be worried about.
    Ohio is full of welfare recipients (Cleveland for example) and union thugs. NOT exactly Rand territory.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Haha...that was really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Ohio is full of welfare recipients (Cleveland for example) and union thugs. NOT exactly Rand territory.
    There's a long enough border with Kentucky! I think he'll get it done.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, northern Ohio is a hopeless bastion of unionism. Wish it could be true but I live in an area of union thuggery.

2020: Rand Paul’s America

NOTE: The following is a fictional news story set in the year 2020, in a world in which Rand Paul has won the 2016 presidential election and is preparing to seek re-election. The following is not necessarily intended as a serious prediction of the events that may unfold, but merely a hypothetical scenario:

A LOOK BACK ON THE LAST DECADE

The 2016 presidential election seems to many Americans to be a generation ago. By 2016, the economy had plunged into paralyzing stagnation after an unprecedented “triple dip” recession in the financial crisis that had begun in 2007. Consumer confidence had fallen to an all-time low, even as spiraling inflation had driven stock prices and the Dow Jones Industrial Average up to soaring highs that most economists acknowledged were artificial.

President Obama’s approval rating had dropped into the low 30s after his decision to put 20,000 American combat troops on the ground in Syria to assist the post-Assad transitional government, which in February 2014 led to a coordinated suicide bombing attack on multiple American barracks, resulting in one of the largest single losses of American troops since the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars.

http://thelibertariangeek.wordpress....pauls-america/